PSN Name History Icon???

18 minutes ago, waltdisneypixar said:

is the icon next to the ID forever?

What exactly are you referring to? Can you post a screenshot of the ID/icon you're asking about?

Edited by Dreggit

26 minutes ago, waltdisneypixar said:

2 minutes ago, waltdisneypixar said:

Check my profile and click the icon i am talking about

What Icon are you referring to...? You gotta be more specific than "icon next to ID"...

If you are talking about a country/flag icon - yes, you cannot change it as you cannot change the country listed under your PSN settings. If you are talking about a mickey mouse image - you can change this one under your PSN's profile settings.

However...I'm assuming you are talking about a "PSN Name History" button. I don't think there's a way to disable/hide it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, waltdisneypixar said:

Whoops! The one of the forum profile stays forever, I don't know if Sly intends for the one on your trophy profile to stay forever.

Edited by DaivRules
Wrong location referenced...

Why would you want I to be gone ? Unless you are a fugitive with a new fake id and you don't want anyone to know your true identity, or you are just ashamed of your old psn id :hmm: 

Never understood why would anyone change their psn id tbh.. unless it was extremely toxic and embarassing

I can understand that it's an unpleasant sight, it is in the eye when you check your own profile. It is handy to see which name you used before for those who didn't notice a name change. Maybe another position on the profile place would be better, but I don't think that will happen. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Never understood why would anyone change their psn id tbh.. unless it was extremely toxic and embarassing

Life is strange, somedays you just dont feel that name you created 10yrs ago anymore. I think if PSN allow a display name people rather change that than their id completely. Kinda like our forum display names. Many use that feature. Some even once every 30 days or whenever they can. Theres many reasons for the change.

But on topic. I too don't see why that should be removed. As the OP later said because PSN dont have it but why here, well...Sly can have whatever he wants for his site. I dont think that data is pulled from Sony server so theres no privacy issues against Sony's policy or is there...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Life is strange, somedays you just dont feel that name you created 10yrs ago anymore. I think if PSN allow a display name people rather change that than their id completely. Kinda like our forum display names. Many use that feature. Some even once every 30 days or whenever they can. Theres many reasons for the change.

But on topic. I too don't see why that should be removed. As the OP later said because PSN dont have it but why here, well...Sly can have whatever he wants for his site. I dont think that data is pulled from Sony server so theres no privacy issues against Sony's policy or is there...

No one is talking about policies and i like democracy, thank you

If you don’t want the old name anymore... you are now free to change it WHILE KEEPING YOUR OLD PROFILE.

This site tracks profiles.

If you want to rid yourself of your old profile that has miraculously popped trophies or other issues do it the old way: create a new profile. Just make sure you spell correctly and I see no problems.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, JeromeSpree said:

So basically, the only way to get rid of this disturbing icon is to delete one's account, ask Sly to manually fix it to be able to restore it exactly as in this thread, right?

I really hope it will disappear some day, that was the point of changing ID. Of course some people might have used that new function to cheat or else but they represent the minority.and that is unfair for all the other profiles. Name changing has been quite a tough journey to get implemented here so maybe not everything is 100% achieved as of now and once it would be done these icons would be gone. At least, I hope so...

Can we do that just like that user?

@Sly Ripper

Edited by waltdisneypixar