PSN Name History Icon???

3 hours ago, JeromeSpree said:

So basically, the only way to get rid of this disturbing icon is to delete one's account, ask Sly to manually fix it to be able to restore it exactly as in this thread, right?

I really hope it will disappear some day, that was the point of changing ID. Of course some people might have used that new function to cheat or else but they represent the minority.and that is unfair for all the other profiles. Name changing has been quite a tough journey to get implemented here so maybe not everything is 100% achieved as of now and once it would be done these icons would be gone. At least, I hope so...

3 hours ago, waltdisneypixar said:

Can we do that just like that user?

@Sly Ripper

I'm pretty sure Sly Ripper won't remove the PSN ID history icon based on what he said on this post:

Also, I wouldn't do the procedure above in order to get rid of it since it's look complicated and run a high chance of Sly not manually recovering your profile if you did it to bypass the PSN ID history icon. Also take into account it took over a week before Sly was able to fix a single profile...

• Like 1

Democracies SUCK...it's the WORST of all possible governmental choices...MOB RULE is not the way of the future...and if you don't understand that, you need to go back to Government 101...

As for the name-change icon...that NEEDS to stay....what you've done in the past NEEDS to be available for the future...

Image result for so let it be written meme

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

How about something like this?

Montage.png

I quickly photoshopped this (well, GIMPed to be more precise).

I didn't find the exact same font and the whole writings could be white but it looked way better after I applied the green and red colors to current and former parts.

People having changed their ID several times would of course get more written stuff.

I made as if the PSN name history icon was gone and that having your mouse over the ID displays its history in a gray frame exactly like how it is right now when your mouse is over the 'About me' part as you can see on top of the picture.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This site had horrible downgrades throughout the years and they keep doing nothing to fix some issues like this and PS4 rarity for trophies which no one asked for here. Nobody likes that irrelevant rarity, it should stay on PS4. We have PSNP trophy rarities for a reason.

8 hours ago, Dark Prince said:

This site had horrible downgrades throughout the years and they keep doing nothing to fix some issues like this and PS4 rarity for trophies which no one asked for here. Nobody likes that irrelevant rarity, it should stay on PS4. We have PSNP trophy rarities for a reason.

The PSN rarity should only show if you mouse over the site rarity stats on a trophy list, otherwise you don't ever see it. If you're seeing PSN rarity for everything by default you'll want to go into your profile settings on the main site and make sure "Use PSN trophy rarity by default" is unchecked.

41 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

The PSN rarity should only show if you mouse over the site rarity stats on a trophy list, otherwise you don't ever see it. If you're seeing PSN rarity for everything by default you'll want to go into your profile settings on the main site and make sure "Use PSN trophy rarity by default" is unchecked.

I know there’s an option to choose between PSNP and PSN trophy rarity. But what’s extremely annoying is that even when you choose PSNP rarity only, you get shown PSN rarity when you hover over trophies just like you said..

24 minutes ago, Dark Prince said:

I know there’s an option to choose between PSNP and PSN trophy rarity. But what’s extremely annoying is that even when you choose PSNP rarity only, you get shown PSN rarity when you hover over trophies just like you said..

I'll chalk it up to still not having a thorough understanding of the site yet, but I'm not seeing anything that says "only" within that settings choice. Just that you're opting to see PSN/PSNP rarity by default, and the other is there by hovering over it.

19 hours ago, Xannic said:

I'll chalk it up to still not having a thorough understanding of the site yet, but I'm not seeing anything that says "only" within that settings choice. Just that you're opting to see PSN/PSNP rarity by default, and the other is there by hovering over it.

I don’t know if you were active here at that time but before there was only PSNP rarity and it was amazing. Nobody asked for PSN rarity, in fact everyone considered it a joke that PS4 brought with it's launch. Why did PSNProfiles had to put it on it’s site is beyond me. Craziest thing is they are forcing it so much that even when you choose ‘PSNP rarity’ it is still shown when you hover over trophies.. Lame.

Edited by Dark Prince

5 hours ago, Dark Prince said:

Nobody asked for PSN rarity, in fact everyone considered it a joke that PS4 brought with it's launch.

Please, never speak on behalf of everyone and claim that’s in fact. If you individually have such a low opinion of PNS rarity that can’t think of any scenario how option to have the data might be interesting or useful for someone else among millions of players, you could’ve easily disabled it completely in your own browser by now and moved on instead of derailing the thread about different issue with false and off-topic statements.

Edited by Se7en
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019. 05. 31. at 0:11 AM, ahmedelebiary said:

Never understood why would anyone change their psn id tbh.. unless it was extremely toxic and embarassing

Have you ever heard of inspiration?

Edited by Lidhop
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Atooya said:

Hello guys, I am getting really annoyed with the icon near my name, can admins or mods remove it, it should be an option to display it or not

***** Current
***** Nov 2019
***** Aug 2019
***** Sep 2019

So...  December is coming... Did u decide already?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Swithop said:

If I create a new PSN account, am I required to give you the name history of my old profile? (And if not, then what's the point of the whole icon thing?)

a new account...no...but if you just change the name on your account it will be known....

the icon is for tracking people who change the name of their account to hide past bad actions.

11 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

a new account...no...but if you just change the name on your account it will be known....

the icon is for tracking people who change the name of their account to hide past bad actions.

How do you trace someone who reappears with a completely new account? : )

Edited by Swithop

1 hour ago, PSXtreme_ said:

You need to bring everyone popcorn when you put up posts like that

giphy.gifgiphy.gifsource.gif

giphy.gifsource.gif

source.gif

22 hours ago, Atooya said:

Hello guys, I am getting really annoyed with the icon near my name, can admins or mods remove it, it should be an option to display it or not

Anyways, it is like the blue H for hidden trophies, it is used to see who is hiding/changing things as there is no other way to tell.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

giphy.gifgiphy.gifsource.gif

giphy.gifsource.gifsource.gif

source.gif

Anyways, it is like the blue H for hidden trophies, it is used to see who is hiding/changing things as there is no other way to tell.

Ok but the blue H isn’t near my name, so why don’t they move it somewhere else below the profile like near the premium sign and hidden trophies 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I don’t think you understand the context of this thread. These aren’t completely new accounts. They’re accounts with the same PSN ID# that has changed the name on the account. 

I was willing to leave behind circa 2000 trophies, 30000 points and 89 purchased games so that I don't have to see this annoying history icon anymore, so trust me, I completely understand the context. My point is that now I'm here with a new name and nobody knows who the hell I was before.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Swithop said:

I was willing to leave behind circa 2000 trophies, 30000 points and 89 purchased games so that I don't have to see this annoying history icon anymore, so trust me, I completely understand the context. My point is that now I'm here with a new name and nobody knows who the hell I was before.

If you previous incarnation was that poisonous...I highly doubt a new account will matter that much.

A leopard can't change its spots, even if you now call it a zebra...