PSN Name History Icon???

1 hour ago, Swithop said:

I was willing to leave behind circa 2000 trophies, 30000 points and 89 purchased games so that I don't have to see this annoying history icon anymore, so trust me, I completely understand the context. My point is that now I'm here with a new name and nobody knows who the hell I was before.

I mean, to each his own and all, but that's a bit extreme man.. unless you were hiding some foul play. 

Considering psnprofiles.com is not in any way, shape, or form officially affiliated with Sony, why care that much?  Why not just use a different site if it bothered you that much? 

To answer your question about a new account, it's a clean slate - in the worst case scenario, any illegitimate trophies cheated on a previous account stay with that account - they dont transfer as is the case of a name change. 

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Considering psnprofiles.com is not in any way, shape, or form officially affiliated with Sony, why care that much?  Why not just use a different site if it bothered you that much?

I love this site but I hate that icon. I can't put it more simple than this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

You can use adblock to remove the icon by clicking on the ABP icon in the top right corner of your browser, then choosing "Block Element" and click on the history icon, then it will be gone. I've tested it out and the icon is gone for every profile that I have looked at that I am aware of changing their ID. So at least for yourself you can remove the icon, but other people looking at your profile would see it, however you shouldn't care what other people who are seeing it will think of your profile to begin with.

I take it it was not pure boredom that made you dwelve into this issue with such resolve.

8 hours ago, Martain2 said:

It's a pretty simple (and useful) process that comes with uBlock, either way does it really matter how Sergen figured it out as it seems to solve your problem with the icon doesn't it?

The problem was solved when I made a new profile. As for the other players, I don't give a damn if they have that icon or not.

Edited by Swithop
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Swithop said:

The problem was solved when I made a new profile. As for the other players, I don't give a damn if they have that icon or not.

Your new profile is less than a week old and has 1 game on it.  At this point in the thread, you're just being a prick looking for an argument.

You have a solution for your original profile with very little loss on this one.

• Like 2

Can we get back to the topic instead of trying to change people's mind

As usual they are people with different opinions and ideas

We just wish the icon gets moved to another place or removed or...

The owner has the last word  that's it

Peaceeeee and loveeee in  this community please

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Your new profile is less than a week old and has 1 game on it.  At this point in the thread, you're just being a prick looking for an argument.

You have a solution for your original profile with very little loss on this one.

May I decide for myself wich of my accounts I wish to use right now?

(We're beyond off-topic btw.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waltdisneypixar said:

The owner has the last word  that's it

The owner (Sly) already had the last word, and I'msure he has his reasons for it.  You dont actually own your profile.  Like any digital content, you're merely renting/borrowing it.  If he decided to shut the site down tomorrow, you'd have no profile.

Does the adblock solution not work for you?

• 4 months later...

hello everyone i try to find a way to remove name history icon but I did not find any thing if someone know a way please tell me any way I just want it to disappear I call the support but no response , thanks . my first id and current GARODAN 

6 minutes ago, GARODAN said:

hello everyone i try to find a way to remove name history icon but I did not find any thing if someone know a way please tell me any way I just want it to disappear I call the support but no response , thanks . my first id and current GARODAN 

Not possible, and according to site owner the icon is here to stay.

4 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Not possible, and according to site owner the icon is here to stay.

Do you know where Sly commented on it? I can't seem to find it.

I would like to be able to hide the icon for personal reasons, but if he has said he doesn't plan to provide an option to hide it I would at least like to see that before I give up.

27 minutes ago, WITCHTRIGGER said:

Do you know where Sly commented on it? I can't seem to find it.

I would like to be able to hide the icon for personal reasons, but if he has said he doesn't plan to provide an option to hide it I would at least like to see that before I give up.

It's probably never going to happen might as well give up.

Edited by NERVergoproxy

11 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Thank you! In my search I found so many people saying this verbatim but not showing where Sly said it.

11 hours ago, Dark Prince said:

It’s crap I know, it should be only visible to Mods.

Yeah, I agree.