System Software update 6.70

jackmadrox

I had hard times with this one. Console kept load into safe mode from the very start, telling me that I have to install 6.51 update. After few tries OS has loaded up and message about 6.70 pop up, but followed with error that update couldn't be downloaded. More weird it hasn't sign me out from PSN, but kept spamming notifications about the error with downloading. I have installed GT Sport updated, then eventually 6.70 started to download and then installed properly, no further glitches occurred. First time had this issue, like any, with Playstation 4. Weird all the way.

I didn't have any immediate problems, but at some point, games from my Hong Kong account stopped being playable. They had a lock icon on them and displayed some error if you tried to open them

If anyone else has that, deactivating the console as my primary and then reactivating it seemed to fix it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I didn't have any immediate problems, but at some point, games from my Hong Kong account stopped being playable. They had a lock icon on them and displayed some error if you tried to open them

If anyone else has that, deactivating the console as my primary and then reactivating it seemed to fix it

I had that problem with Ace Attorney I bought after the update and that fixed it.

7 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

"Restore Licenses" on all accounts you don't use for buying things instead of  playing games should also solve this issue: https://manuals.playstation.net/document//en/ps4/settings/license.html

==> Just in case I restore licenses on all accounts when I encounter this issue.

--

Encountered 0 issues on PS4 and PS4Pro with this update.

But keep in mind that last update also only "fixed stability" but people who had problems with using some themes from pre ordered games (like me with Chocobo) where able to finally use these themes after the update.

Also in the past an "stability update" was issued for FF XIV: After that the update process of the game was switched from "Update through game launcher" to "Normal update process for games" through update check in XMB. ==> I read about this on reddit some months ago.

Edited by Geridian
information