All greater mutagen lost in NG+. Any way to recover them?

So i lost all mutagens except 1 of each, even though i put them in my stash since some threads suggesting that would work. I need them for mutations but now when i lost over 30 greater mutagens i can't upgrade the final mutations. 

For some reason mutagens are still super rare even at high level in NG+ meaning i won't be able to get any until i reach Blood & Wine again which i do not intend to do.

There is glitch after glitch that takes away from the gameplay and i can't  believe this won GOTY. 

Slowmotion glitch, missing bombs glitch, can't use quick items glitch, quick menu not working, quest items not spawning and loss of mutagens among many others.

Such a bummer since this is otherwise an amazing game.

Edited by Quink666

Sorry to hear about your problems.  I've been playing and have not had any problems with glitches or any menu items disappearing or not working and neither have my friends had these problems.  Don't know what to suggest to you unless you put your saves on the cloud/USB and reinstall the game.  

• Like 3

What version of the game are you playing? GOTY or original? If original maybe try and see if you can download a patch since this is supposed to be a bug that got introduced in the 1.30 update and I assume that they would have fixed that by now. If it's GOTY I assume it has all the patches on it and then I'm not sure what to do there since I haven't played it.

• Like 2

Just now, PermaFox said:

Sorry to hear about your problems.  I've been playing and have not had any problems with glitches or any menu items disappearing or not working and neither have my friends had these problems.  Don't know what to suggest to you unless you put your saves on the cloud/USB and reinstall the game.  

Yeah, the glitches have really annoyed me. Seems like alot of them came with the later patches 1.30 and beyond. Currently playing on 1.60.

Atleast there is videos on YT videos how to fix each and every bug except the NG+ mutagen loss bug. Guess i'll be forced to craft lesser mutagens and then upgrade them one by one to get back all my old ones. Only thing is they all require White Gull and i'm sick and tired of White Gull since it is used in every single upgrade and i crafted probably 100s of them by now =P

4 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

What version of the game are you playing? GOTY or original? If original maybe try and see if you can download a patch since this is supposed to be a bug that got introduced in the 1.30 update and I assume that they would have fixed that by now. If it's GOTY I assume it has all the patches on it and then I'm not sure what to do there since I haven't played it.

In playing the stand alone version with all DLC's installed (1.60). Yeah from what i figured one of the later patches introduced the umutagen stack issue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah, the glitches have really annoyed me. Seems like alot of them came with the later patches 1.30 and beyond. Currently playing on 1.60.

Atleast there is videos on YT videos how to fix each and every bug except the NG+ mutagen loss bug. Guess i'll be forced to craft lesser mutagens and then upgrade them one by one to get back all my old ones. Only thing is they all require White Gull and i'm sick and tired of White Gull since it is used in every single upgrade and i crafted probably 100s of them by now =P

In playing the stand alone version with all DLC's installed (1.60). Yeah from what i figured one of the later patches introduced the umutagen stack issue.

Hmm, I don't remember coming across that issue. I either didn't have it happen for some reason or it did happen and it didn't bother me all that much since getting Greater Mutagens becomes less of a hassle the further you are in the game.

But yeah, if you have your pre-NG+ save maybe try loading NG+ again and see if that would work? Otherwise yeah I'm not sure what else you could do. Sorry to hear it happened though.

• Like 3

Ok for anyone expecriencing this in the future i just tought of a "solution".  Load you most recent NG not NG+ save. Use a Potion of Clearance and buy all mutations so you get the 4 extra slots and have no further use for greater mutagens. Then start NG+, you will have less skill points but atleast you wont have to worry about all you greater mutagens that were lost. Currently 24 skill pointt short from what i should be since i spent them all on the mutations, but atleast the mutagen that are lost does not matter that much anymore and skill points are easy to come by since all places of power are reset.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 2

Just when I finally decided to go for completing this game for June, I hear about this possible bug. What mood killer. Thxs for the "solution". Hopefully it won't come to that for me...

On 5/30/2019 at 3:09 PM, Quink666 said:

So i lost all mutagens except 1 of each, even though i put them in my stash since some threads suggesting that would work. I need them for mutations but now when i lost over 30 greater mutagens i can't upgrade the final mutations. 

For some reason mutagens are still super rare even at high level in NG+ meaning i won't be able to get any until i reach Blood & Wine again which i do not intend to do.

This is unfortunately a well known glitch.

23 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Ok for anyone expecriencing this in the future i just tought of a "solution".  Load you most recent NG not NG+ save. Use a Potion of Clearance and buy all mutations so you get the 4 extra slots and have no further use for greater mutagens. Then start NG+, you will have less skill points but atleast you wont have to worry about all you greater mutagens that were lost. Currently 24 skill pointt short from what i should be since i spent them all on the mutations, but atleast the mutagen that are lost does not matter that much anymore and skill points are easy to come by since all places of power are reset.

Not sure why you're having a tough time finding enemies to drop mutagens. Drowned dead and nekkers drop a ton of mutagens. Drowned dead drop lesser reds frequently, nekkers drop lesser blue/green. Just save before you go into battle with them.

An alternate solution is to keep one greater/regular/lesser blue/green/red on you and put one greater/regular/lesser blue/green/red in your storage chest since items in your storage chest can be retrieved in NG+. When you reach White Orchard, go to your storage chest and retrieve the mutagens you stored. Then at least you'll have two of each. In Blood and Wine, pick a ton of the plants from the green house area at Corvo Bianco so you can change mutagens from one color to another in NG+ as well.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
33 minutes ago, medenko1975 said:

is this fixed?

I doubt it. Don't think there has been an update for the game in ages. I ended up having to farm mutagens again. If you can make it to Blood & Wine DLC in NG+ its super quick to farm the mutagens back.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 11:18 AM, medenko1975 said:

is this fixed?

No. And it won't ever be either. In early 2017, I actually sent in a bug report to CDPR regarding this issue. They requested my save file which I provided and got back to me quickly saying they couldn't duplicate the issue. I replied calling bullshit on that and said I wasn't alone and it was being discussed all over various forums. They actually replied and apologized, saying they had no plans to do any further patches at that time.

Edited by Pirelli913
Edited for date
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/30/2019 at 3:09 PM, Quink666 said:

On 1/5/2020 at 11:18 AM, medenko1975 said:

is this fixed?

On 1/5/2020 at 11:53 AM, Quink666 said:

I doubt it. Don't think there has been an update for the game in ages. I ended up having to farm mutagens again. If you can make it to Blood & Wine DLC in NG+ its super quick to farm the mutagens back.

This may have been patched with the next-gen update 4.00. I just went into the game on PS4 to do the newly added quest with update 4.00 and after completing it, I decided to save and start a NG+ to see if mutagens would properly carry over now.

Now keep in mind that when I tried this, I only had two of each Greater version on Geralt at the time of my attempt, but once I beat the tutorial, I immediately opened my inventory to check and I still had six Greater mutagens (two of each color)!