A Guide to Telltale Games Availability (NA)

dottyduke1

Can confirm that even if you buy a Minecraft Season 2 disc before the June 25th deadline, you cannot download more episodes beyond the first episode that is on the disc as it appears the rest have been delisted completely since last month, so if you didn't get the disc or buy the episodes before already then tough shit. It's fooking scandalous, but I refuse to give up- have bought a Japanese disc going on the information the guy above said, will let you know if it works when it arrives later this month

EDIT: I'M A MORON- DISREGARD THIS IDIOCY

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 0:39 PM, Brightblade76 said:

I've bought GOG digital yesterday and every episode downloads just fine, I have to download the fifth and last episode today when I get home. Don't know if these are the same downloads from the physical edition but I don't see why they shouldn't be.

On a related note to this thread did you find the fan occasionally getting a bit noisy whilst playing GOTG? I played Tales from the Borderlands a while back and my console was silent during it but for some reason Guardians seems to push it a little bit further just enough for the fan to be noticeable during gameplay.

1 hour ago, Stan Lee said:

Can confirm that even if you buy a Minecraft Season 2 disc before the June 25th deadline, you cannot download more episodes beyond the first episode that is on the disc[..]

From my point of view this is false information for EU PSN users:

- I have a German PSN account and 1 or 2 weeks ago I bought a used copy of Minecraft Story Mode Season 2.. and where able to download all episodes of this season through German PSN.

- Also the first episode is included, you don't download it.

- But I can say that for digital release of S2 E1 it is true that you can't buy the other episodes.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stan Lee said:

Can confirm that even if you buy a Minecraft Season 2 disc before the June 25th deadline, you cannot download more episodes beyond the first episode that is on the disc as it appears the rest have been delisted completely since last month, so if you didn't get the disc or buy the episodes before already then tough shit. It's fooking scandalous, but I refuse to give up- have bought a Japanese disc going on the information the guy above said, will let you know if it works when it arrives later this month

We will find out before but my bet is that if you have the disc, it works as the license and you can get the rest of the episodes whenever (from the disc).  

June 25th deadline seems like bad info of not understanding how delisted content works.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Geridian said:

From my point of view this is false information for EU PSN users:

- I have a German PSN account and 1 or 2 weeks ago I bought a used copy of Minecraft Story Mode Season 2.. and where able to download all episodes of this season through German PSN.

- Also the first episode is included, you don't download it.

- But I can say that for digital release of S2 E1 it is true that you can't buy the other episodes.

36 minutes ago, djb5f said:

We will find out before but my bet is that if you have the disc, it works as the license and you can get the rest of the episodes whenever (from the disc).  

June 25th deadline seems like bad info of not understanding how delisted content works.

EU customer, EU store and EU disc, can't download the other episodes. Doesn't matter what your "point of view" is, the fact of the matter is that I tried to get the episodes and I cannot. The disc was brand new. I'm not giving "false information".

EDIT: I fucked up, my bad

Edited by Stan Lee

Just now, Stan Lee said:

EU customer, EU store and EU disc, can't download the other episodes. Doesn't matter what your "point of view" is, the fact of the matter is that I tried to get the episodes and I cannot. The disc was brand new. I'm not giving "false information".

Ok, did EU have an earlier cutoff date?  

Truly, a bizarre situation.  Any others like it that you know of?

Could it be a technical issue that will be sorted out?  I really don’t think they can legally deny you the content.

31 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Ok, did EU have an earlier cutoff date?  

Truly, a bizarre situation.  Any others like it that you know of?

Could it be a technical issue that will be sorted out?  I really don’t think they can legally deny you the content.

I was thinking it couldn't be legal but apparantly the entire game has been delisted except for Episode 1.

I even downloaded Episode 1 from the store separately and all the other episodes are still unavailable. I highly doubt it's a technical issue exclusive only to me.

According to delisted games.com, the game is gone. Getting the license at this time is futile.

EDIT: Stupid, stupid, stupid me

Edited by Stan Lee

2 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

I was thinking it couldn't be legal but apparantly the entire game has been delisted except for Episode 1.

I even downloaded Episode 1 from the store separately and all the other episodes are still unavailable. I highly doubt it's a technical issue exclusive only to me.

According to delisted games.com, the game is gone. Getting the license at this time is futile.

https://delistedgames.com/minecraft-story-mode-season-two/

Is your disc ESRB 10+ or PEGI rating ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Yeah, I mean a global technical issue, not just for you.

Every other piece of delisted DLC that I know of, you can access (download) it if you have already purchased it or have the disc that gives you the license to it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

I don't buy physical media often but can't you just go to your download list or library and directly initiate the downloads from there instead of within the game itself? Also, check your notifications on your PS4. They may just be pending installation.

7 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I don't buy physical media often but can't you just go to your download list or library and directly initiate the downloads from there instead of within the game itself? Also, check your notifications on your PS4. They may just be pending installation.

Yeah, I think this is important for Stan Lee to confirm.  I am assuming he tried to download from within the game.  Worked for me last week even though the content is delisted.

I've noticed a few shops over in the UK such as CEX have drastically reduced the trade in value of some of the Telltale Games (GOTG, Batman) and have listed them as only having episode 1 available in the details...hopefully this is just a placeholder whilst everything is unknown and not that they have more information than we do.

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=5051892206648&categoryName=playstation4-games&superCatName=gaming&title=marvel's-guardians-of-the-galaxy-the-telltale-series-(episode-1-only)

@Stan Lee Since you admitted your mistake, no problem.

However, one important insight is gained from your mistake:

In order to load the other episodes belonging to the disc, you must also use the appropriate specific account (US/EU/etc.). EU Disc = EU PSN Account etc.

----------------

And as I have written before elsewhere:
1) Connect the USB 3.0 hard disk or stick to the PS4.
2) Format as external storage.
3) Download Telltale Games episodes to USB memory.
4) The best way is to do the whole thing 2x and if necessary also store it on the internal HDD of the PS4 and create a backup.
==> Be prepared for the worst case.

----------------

Most of all I'm sad that Tales of Monkey Island is no longer available on the PS3 because the game was only digital on the PS3 and has probably been delisted for some time. :(

However, I'm happy that I still got a very well preserved used version of the Back to the Future Disc on the PS3 for 18 €.  In contrast to the PS4 version, the PS3 version also has the German speakers included. :)

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Martain2 said:

On a related note to this thread did you find the fan occasionally getting a bit noisy whilst playing GOTG? I played Tales from the Borderlands a while back and my console was silent during it but for some reason Guardians seems to push it a little bit further just enough for the fan to be noticeable during gameplay.

Mmmm, can't tell for sure, because most of the time I was playing the game on the PSVita via remote play from another room and the weather is quite hot here these days, so most games make the fan get a bit noisy anyway, so I'm afraid I can't help you.

On 6/15/2019 at 3:59 PM, Brightblade76 said:

Mmmm, can't tell for sure, because most of the time I was playing the game on the PSVita via remote play from another room and the weather is quite hot here these days, so most games make the fan get a bit noisy anyway, so I'm afraid I can't help you.

Fair enough, thank you for the reply at least. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to add that I got a Physical copy of Minecraft S2, post June 25th, and was able to download the episodes on "Date Purchased: 07/01/2019 @ 04:55 PM EST"
The quotation marks are direct copy+paste from my email confirmation from Sony of when I 'purchased' and downloaded them from the disc menu.

Edited by FailGecko
Clarification

Before more people write down the same things about Minecraft Season 1 and 2 or GoT or other games which are "delisted":

- "Delisting" means you can't buy episodes and season passes online now through PSN!

- Single episodes,  content of digital season passes and so on you bought before can still be accessed, download and played.

- Also the Seaon Pass Discs work without issues, just be aware that your disc must match the region your PSN account! If this is not the case = No download... As you should know it is normal that 90% of the season pass discs only include episode one and you need to download the other episodes!

For a whole look at the current situation of Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 look here:

Edited by Geridian

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i Just bought Batman the Evil within and when checking a guide i noticed the platinum is unobtainable. i have the season pass Digital version but cannot make from the thread above if all 5 episodes are available or not on US store?

11 minutes ago, Aboelsas said:

i Just bought Batman the Evil within and when checking a guide i noticed the platinum is unobtainable. i have the season pass Digital version but cannot make from the thread above if all 5 episodes are available or not on US store?

I didn't had any problems with mine from EU.

54 minutes ago, Aboelsas said:

[..]Batman the Evil[..]when checking a guide i noticed the platinum is unobtainable.[..]

Please provide a link to the guide where this false information is written because this is just bullshit.
- Can't look into Egypt PSN Store BUT what I can tell from looking at EU PSN Store is that the free episode 1, episode 2,3,4,5 and the season pass can be purchased there.

==> So platinum should be obtainable.

- Also my girlfriend achieved platinum some months ago while using the season pass disc version.

Edited by Geridian

58 minutes ago, Aboelsas said:

I don't know if it works on digital, but try downloading the episodes from the menu in-game. Disc version allowed access to individual episode download, even after the games being delisted from the store.

• 7 months later...

I bought the PS3 version of Game of Thrones and it wasn't until I got home and read on the back that episodes 1-5 are on disc but episode 6 must be downloaded that I started to have doubts if I'd be able to finish it. I googled it but didn't find anything too concrete about it. Fortunately though, upon selecting episodes it did take me to a secret PS store page where I was able to download episode 6.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, talespagni said:

"Tales from the Borderlands" (one of the greatest titles ever in gaming history, shall I say) will return to the digital stores on February 17th.

The downside though, is they've removed the community choice comparison feature for some reason :(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/tales-from-the-borderlands-returns-to-digital-stores-next-week-with-one-key-change/1100-6487373/