A Guide to Telltale Games Availability (NA)

dottyduke1

18 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

hat's pretty cool that it's coming back. Best Telltale game imo

I agree! Which is funny because I never enjoyed any of the actual Borderlands games... I only played this one because I liked the Walking Dead and it was free on Plus. Very glad I did. I still play the soundtrack often.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Guys. I just bought tales from the borderland from psn store that is relisted. Unfortunately this digital borderland have same trophy list with the physical. I thought the digital have different trophy list as before this. Do I just wasted my money?

7 hours ago, Kim_Kimm said:

Guys. I just bought tales from the borderland from psn store that is relisted. Unfortunately this digital borderland have same trophy list with the physical. I thought the digital have different trophy list as before this. Do I just wasted my money?

Yep and if you downloaded it before you realised this didn't stack, you are screwed because Sony doesn't issue refunds once you've downloaded a game/DLC so tough luck I'm afraid :(. The only way to get the other list is to have to bought the game before it was delisted, otherwise you're stuck with the retail list.

I have a question about the UK version of Guardians, if anyone can please help? I looked on the ps store first to buy it digital but I can only see each episode individually, and it says I can’t download them as I have to buy the season pass first. I can’t find the season pass listed on the store anywhere? My local CEX shop has the physical version pre-owned. If I buy this, will it enable me to download the episodes or is the physical version like a one-time use download code? Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

I have a question about the UK version of Guardians, if anyone can please help? I looked on the ps store first to buy it digital but I can only see each episode individually, and it says I can’t download them as I have to buy the season pass first. I can’t find the season pass listed on the store anywhere? My local CEX shop has the physical version pre-owned. If I buy this, will it enable me to download the episodes or is the physical version like a one-time use download code? Thanks in advance.

Season Pass Discs either have everything on the disc or only have select episodes on the disc and the rest have to be downloaded via the in-game store. In the case of this game, it has Episode 1 on the disc and the rest have to be downloaded via the in-game store.

As someone who isn’t a huge fan of any of these franchises (barring GOT...sort of...the last season will forever haunt me), can anyone advise which of these games are:

1) Completed, as in-got all the episodes out they intended to (I know GOT isn’t).

and

2) Would be interesting to someone who knows little (Batman, Back to the Future, Guardians of the Galaxy) to nothing (The Walking Dead, Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us) about the source material in question? Honestly not too keen on tracking down the digital only ones, especially if they’re not available on the US PSN Store either. 

14 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

1) Completed, as in-got all the episodes out they intended to (I know GOT isn’t).

Batman: The Enemy Within has a slightly cliffhangery ending, as they were clearly setting up hints for a third game. But it tells a story that’s arguably complete, so I wouldn’t let that put you off

Similarly, The Wolf Among Us is / was next in line for a sequel so arguably isn’t “complete”. But the first game tells a full story so I don’t think it really counts.

The only one that’s really “incomplete” is Game of Thrones, but I’d argue that tells a good-enough solo story. Yes, there’s a lot of stuff that was left open for season two, but given how many branching narratives there were in that finale we were almost certainly going to end up with a trademark Telltale swerve where the focus ended up on something totally different.

26 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

2) Would be interesting to someone who knows little (Batman, Back to the Future, Guardians of the Galaxy) to nothing (The Walking Dead, Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us) about the source material in question?

I really enjoyed their Borderlands series, and I’ve never touched the main franchise. If you like the noir/detective genre you can definitely enjoy TWAU without knowing Fables. When it comes to GotG and TWD I’d be inclined to say that the stories are going to hit harder if you know something about the franchise

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

As someone who isn’t a huge fan of any of these franchises (barring GOT...sort of...the last season will forever haunt me), can anyone advise which of these games are:

and

2) Would be interesting to someone who knows little (Batman, Back to the Future, Guardians of the Galaxy) to nothing (The Walking Dead, Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us) about the source material in question? Honestly not too keen on tracking down the digital only ones, especially if they’re not available on the US PSN Store either. 

Most of the TT games I've played, either have a cliffhanger ending or otherwise feel like there's something missing.

IMO if you're not into the source material in a significant way (with TftB being an exception), you will find the TT games to be really slow and tedious. Tales from the Borderlands is the best game TT ever made IMO but you will only fully appreciate the nuances and references if you have at the very least played BL2 and TPS.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

and

I played most telltale games, except for Back to the future, the batman ones and the last season of Walking dead and i must say unlike most ppl i didn't like Game of Thrones or the first 2 seasons of the walking dead because a lot of choices result in extreme consequences that gets characters killed very easily.

The ones i liked the most are: Tales From Borderlands, Wolf among us, minecraft story mode season one. (Funnily enough the ones i knew little to nothing about)

Guardians of the galaxy was also good to but i saw the movies so i knew most characters.

About the availability, that is what the first post in thread is for, but if you want the season pass discs i expect they wont be cheap.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, DaltonioSpidey94 said:

This may have been answered already but does anybody know if you buy a physical copy of Game of Thrones for PS3, are you still able to download the 6th episode? (Since only five are on the disc itself) Been wanting to replay that one and would love to be able to get the trophies again while I do so.

Yes you are, because the Season Pass Discs have access to their own version of the store where the episodes can still be downloaded :).

• Like 2

• 4 months later...