PlayStation Plus Price Increase (Europe & Asia confirmed)

Suminya

Not sure if this is Japan-only, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sony would increase the price in other regions as well. Again.

This is the important part of the Japanese e-mail I received earlier today:

平素よりPlayStation Plusをお楽しみいただき、誠にありがとうございます。

この度、日本国内におけるPlayStation Plus利用権の価格を2019年8月1日(木)より以下のとおり改定することになりましたのでお知らせいたします。

・ PlayStation Plusの3ヶ月利用権は1,337円(税込)から2,150円(税込)となります。

・ PlayStation Plusの1ヶ月利用権は514円(税込)から850円(税込)となります。

※12ヶ月利用権の価格は現行価格から変更ありません。

Starting August 1st, the price for one month will increase from 514 Yen to 850 Yen and the price for three months will increase to 2150 Yen. The price for a year will remain the same (currently 5143 Yen).

Funningly enough, there was also a mail from Sony's German department... it was broken though. So I have no idea if there will be a price increase in Europe or not. I will update this post later if something new comes up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update #1: Notification on PS4

Spoiler

6ar5EMs.jpg

Update #2: Europe

TL;DR: Euro countries will only see a price increase for the 1 month subscription, non-Euro countries (like Switzerland or Sweden) will see a price increase in all three subscriptions.

Germany

Ab dem 1. August 2019 werden sich die Preise für PlayStation Plus-Abonnements in Deutschland aufgrund der Marktsituation erhöhen.

• Das regelmäßige, 12-monatige PlayStation Plus-Abonnement bleibt bei 59,99 €.
• Das regelmäßige, 3-monatige PlayStation Plus-Abonnement bleibt bei 24,99 €.
• Das regelmäßige, 1-monatige PlayStation Plus-Abonnement erhöht sich auf 8,99 €.

Sweden (thanks to @Erkawest)

Från och med den 1 augusti 2019 kommer priserna för PlayStation Plus-prenumerationer att öka i Sverige på grund av det rådande marknadsläget.

1 YEAR En helårsprenumeration med förnyande kommer kosta 620.00 kr (from 575.00) UP 7,8%
3 MONTHS En tremånadersprenumeration med förnyande kommer kosta 260.00 kr (from 235.00) UP 10,6%
1 MONTH En månadadsprenumeration med förnyande kommer kosta 95.00 kr (from 75.00) UP 26,6%

Switzerland (thanks to @Vegi85)

- 1 year from 59.90 to 69.90 CHF

- 3 months from 24.90 to 27.90 CHF

- monthly from 7.90 to 9.90 CHF

France (thanks to @Myu)

À partir du 1er août 2019, les tarifs des abonnements PlayStation Plus en France vont subir une hausse en raison des conditions du marché.

• L'abonnement PlayStation Plus de 12 mois restera au prix de 59,99 €.
.• L'abonnement PlayStation Plus de 3 mois restera au prix de 24,99 €.
• L'abonnement mensuel PlayStation Plus augmentera à 8,99 €.

Les nouveaux tarifs entreront en vigueur dès le 1er août 2019.

Norway (thanks to @Zynthar)

Fra og med den 1. august 2019, vil prisene for PlayStation Plus-abonnement i Norge øke. Dette skyldes markedsinflasjonen.

• 12-måneders løpende abonnement på PlayStation Plus øker med kr 580.00
  • 3-måneders løpende abonnement på PlayStation Plus øker med kr 240.00
  • 1-måneds løpende abonnement på PlayStation Plus øker med kr 85.00

• 12 months is going from 485 to 580 NOK (19,6% increase)
  • 3 months is going from 205 to 240 NOK (17,1% increase)
  • 1 month is going from 65 to 85 NOK (30,8% increase)

Update #3: Asia

China:

1 Month Subscription: 29 Yuan -> 39 Yuan

3 Month Subscription: 69 Yuan -> 99 Yuan

12 Month Subscription: 209 Yuan -> 239 Yuan

Hong Kong:

1 Month Subscription: HK$38 -> HK$48

3 Month Subscription: HK$88 -> HK$128

12 Month Subscription: HK$268 -> HK$308

Indonesia:

1 Month Subscription: Rp 55,000 -> Rp 89,000

3 Month Subscription: Rp 123,000 -> Rp 229,000

12 Month Subscription: Rp 350,000 -> Rp 559,000

Malaysia:

1 Month Subscription: RM 21 -> RM 29

3 Month Subscription: RM 43 -> RM 69

12 Month Subscription: RM 129 -> RM 159

Singapore:

1 Month Subscription: SGD 6.9 -> SGD 8.9

3 Month Subscription: SGD 14.9 -> SGD 21.9

12 Month Subscription: SGD 43.9 -> SGD 53.9

South Korea:

1 Month Subscription: 6,300 Won -> 7,500 Won

3 Month Subscription: 15,500 Won -> 18,800 Won

12 Month Subscription: 1,800 Won -> 44,900 Won

Taiwan:

1 Month Subscription: NT$168 -> NT$198

3 Month Subscription: NT$388 -> NT$488

12 Month Subscription: NT$1,088 -> NT$1,188

Thailand:

1 Month Subscription: THB 170 -> THB 210

3 Month Subscription: THB 410 -> THB 490

12 Month Subscription: THB 1,130 -> THB 1,190

Edited by Hanamaru Kunikida
  • Like 4

Should be Japan only since we already received an increase before. Think the fact they reduced the number of games offered in IGC was done in order to avoid having to increase our price as well. Did Japan ever got an increase before?

Looks like a really late price adjustment for Japan. Even with the price hike, 2150 yen is less than 18€. In Europe the price is already at 25€ for 3 months.

Just realised that the yearly subscription is almost 20€ cheaper there as well. :facepalm:. I would love to hear the reasoning for such massive price difference.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Should be Japan only since we already received an increase before. Think the fact they reduced the number of games offered in IGC was done in order to avoid having to increase our price as well. Did Japan ever got an increase before?

There was once a very minor increase in 2014, thanks to a new tax law, but aside from that, the prices were never changed again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hanamaru Kunikida said:

There was once a very minor increase in 2014, thanks to a new tax law, but aside from that, the prices were never changed again.

Quite a long time ago. Hopefully doesn't come over to us as well. Any news if china and those other countries would be getting an increase as well?

I got the same messed up email about the increase just now, and I am swedish.

Från och med den 1 augusti 2019 kommer priserna för PlayStation Plus-prenumerationer att öka i Sverige på grund av det rådande marknadsläget.

• En helårsprenumeration med förnyande kommer kosta %%twelve_price%%

• En tremånadersprenumeration med förnyande kommer kosta %%three_price%%

• En månadadsprenumeration med förnyande kommer kosta %%one_price%%

De nya priserna gäller från och med den 1 augusti 2019. 
Detta betyder att alla förnyelser som görs på eller efter det datumet kommer debiteras enligt det nya priset.

Edited by grifteskymfning

I hope they don't touch the full year price, it's already not worth it especially after cutting ps3 and vita games and only offering two ps4 mediocre games, the next month we'll be getting Sonic Mania and the Handsome Jack Collection, this is good! and I hope they'll continue with this good stuff but I don't know why I feel like they're doing this just to cool off the heat they create the last few months with the poor ps plus selection of games, and once the heat died down they'll return to put more walking simulator and the worst indie games possible.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I hope they don't touch the full year price, it's already not worth it especially after cutting ps3 and vita games and only offering two ps4 mediocre games, the next month we'll be getting Sonic Mania and the Handsome Jack Collection, this is good! and I hope they'll continue with this good stuff but I don't know why I feel like they're doing this just to cool off the heat they create the last few months with the poor ps plus selection of games, and once the heat died down they'll return to put more walking simulator and the worst indie games possible.

That might be what they're doing. The email I posted said the 12 and 3 month subscriptions stay the same price, and the monthly subscription will be raised. They messed up the pricing details, but that's what the sentences are saying. I don't speak Swedish, so I'm not sure, but it seems those three sentences are exactly the same. So it might be different in different countries.

This was sent to the Swedish users as well, how much can we expect it to go up?

Edit: New mail just came

SWEDEN /EUROPE

1 YEAR En helårsprenumeration med förnyande kommer kosta 620.00 kr (from 575.00) UP 7,8%

3 MONTHS En tremånadersprenumeration med förnyande kommer kosta 260.00 kr (from 235.00) UP 10,6%

1 MONTH En månadadsprenumeration med förnyande kommer kosta 95.00 kr (from 75.00) UP 26,6%

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Quite a long time ago. Hopefully doesn't come over to us as well. Any news if china and those other countries would be getting an increase as well?

No, nothing so far.

• Like 2

Got two mails, me; one with the garbled stuff and one with the proper price hikes listed. The seemingly semi-Google translated wordage makes it seem like they are adding the new prices on top of what we're paying now ?

22 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

This was sent to the Swedish users as well, how much can we expect it to go up?

Edit: New mail just came

Wtf again for us ?? The swedish krona is so weak now! 

Edited by Vergil

A new (German) mail just came in:

Ab dem 1. August 2019 werden sich die Preise für PlayStation Plus-Abonnements in Deutschland aufgrund der Marktsituation erhöhen.

• Das regelmäßige, 12-monatige PlayStation Plus-Abonnement bleibt bei 59,99 €.
• Das regelmäßige, 3-monatige PlayStation Plus-Abonnement bleibt bei 24,99 €.
• Das regelmäßige, 1-monatige PlayStation Plus-Abonnement erhöht sich auf 8,99 €.

The prices for 12 and 3 months remain the same, only the price for one month will increase to 8,99€.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Such-A-Goonie said:

XzbsXgP.jpg

The dutch one just litteraly says.

12 months stay the same price (price)

3 months stay the same price (price)

1 month will be increased to (price)

so for us atleast the only thing changing is the 1 month sub. I would guess that all euro countries will be the same...

15 minutes ago, Hanamaru Kunikida said:

A new (German) mail just came in:

The prices for 12 and 3 months remain the same, only the price for one month will increase to 8,99€.

That's not too bad then i guess. Again, the 1 and 3 month memberships were already so overprized i wasn't going to get either anytime soon.

Can confirm for France too.

Bonjour poupimyu,

À partir du 1er août 2019, les tarifs des abonnements PlayStation Plus en France vont subir une hausse en raison des conditions du marché.

• L'abonnement PlayStation Plus de 12 mois restera au prix de 59,99 €.

.• L'abonnement PlayStation Plus de 3 mois restera au prix de 24,99 €.

• L'abonnement mensuel PlayStation Plus augmentera à 8,99 €.

Les nouveaux tarifs entreront en vigueur dès le 1er août 2019.

They are really pushing the yearly subscription but we're getting less and less stuff.