Warning for those who might dislike

A-Rebirth

27 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Trash soundtracks ? Your music taste is questionable. Almost everyone I've seen loved them. Don't let your hatred for the game prevent you from enjoying the class soundtracks in this masterpiece 

Also you still have 4 episode to go. You can't judge the whole game soundtracks just two hours in... wait until you get to episode 3 when shit gets real.

I found the soundtrack to be the absolute worst part of the game, just slightly ahead of the writing. But to each their own, I guess.

2 hours ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

Excuse me? Life Is Strange is a legendary game which will always amaze me. Anyone who didn't enjoy the game doesn't understand what a true story based game is. Each to their own but still, the game is a real joy to play. 

I agree 100%

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

Excuse me? Life Is Strange is a legendary game which will always amaze me. Anyone who didn't enjoy the game doesn't understand what a true story based game is. Each to their own but still, the game is a real joy to play. 

I don't know about that but the whole game seems like it is written by 50-year-old who pretends he heard teenagers talking. I absolutely despised the corny dialogues. The story might  have been alright but i couldn't get into it and taking it seriously for that matter (it is too awkward to be taken that way) thanks to those cringe worthy dialogues. I won't comment on the political views there because David Cage is worse in that matter (And I hate his style of writing).

• Like 3

I have not played the game but I doubt that fact is much of an issue when I still know the majority of the story. The story sucks, plain and simple. I've played many old school PS1 and prior JRPGs so I know what good game stories are (and they even have gameplay too). Chloe is not a well written character and even has some god awful scenes that should make you hate her. Max doesn't help and just lets Chloe walk all over her. I haven't a clue how to do spoilers or I'd point out specific scenes.

1 hour ago, A-Rebirth said:

I just done the first episode of this game. I start the second now. I have to say I think this game is far too political in my opinion. Or should I say politically correct. Drugs are "cool", hunting deer is "bad", people blaming obvious hipsters are "mean", the security guard is a "bad guy" and the upper-class are necessarily "bad guys". Except that I got the opposite political views I don't like the game. It's a trash game with a trash soundtrack... OK, I been playing more boring games. So it's a little entertaining at least (well made) despite I don't like the core values that being promoted here. I do only play this for the very fast and easy platinum. To boost my PSN profile and gaining a little rank on the leatherboard on PSNP is what makes it funny. 

I wished Square Enix could bring up some better stuff than this "hipster" thing. They used to make such good stuff especially the older FF. Ohh... btw, just to mention how incredibly immature those (higher education!?) students are for their given age. When I was working on my bachelor my classmates didn't act like kids in elementary school. It's so ridiculous... and not too realistic. 

Thanks for the warning. All the above things make me sick too ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

This is where your mini-essay falls apart. It changes it to a "I'm older now and I can't connect to the younger generation, so this is bad!" statement. The fact that you brought up the music further enforces that. If you just left those parts out, it could have worked (game is too preachy/political).

You got your opinions and I got mine... some people seems to agree with me in this thread so far. Some doesn't. It's a matter of preferences after all. Just like some people prefer Obama over Trump or vice versa. I like to be nostalgic and I think some things (not everything) was better before. I don't have problems to connect with younger generation just "some" younger people. Not every kid are hipsters or drug addicts js. 

Edited by A-Rebirth
  • Like 1

This thread could be a classic, I'm keeping a close eye on this one.

I thought the game was alright, there was a lot of cringe lines but it has a unique kind of approach and if you watch 30 secs of any gameplay clip/trailer it becomes abundantly clear the kind of people this game is by, and the kind of people this game is for. Like playing RDR and complaining about the lack of cars. Yeehaw!

• Like 2

I have just been recently playing this game and I finished up to episode 4 and just about to play the last one and have been enjoying it so far. I did find some of the lines meh and not everything interesting but I like how the game is set up and the one thing that you didn't like I really enjoyed was the music.

I felt like they were trying to create a feeling with the music they choose to put in the game and that's not my kind of music at all but I felt it helped create the tone of everything. However I was a little skeptical after episode 1, after I finished episode two though I knew I enjoyed the game enough to at least know the rest of what happened and that's were you finally see some of your choices make some impacts towards the game.

• Like 1

Best thing  I did  in this game was cucking and cockblocking  Max's nerd bf.

Trophy hunting fucked me up bruh.

Ah, but in all seriousness I  wouldn't put the blame on Square for the partisan politics, I even doubt they play tested more than one minute of this game, I would simply redirect it at Dontnod.

Actually, now that I think about t, haven't played lis2 and don't plan to, but wasn't the liberal arts professor a rapist and the conservative guy one of the heroes?

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 4

It is a video game so it;s fiction. I found LIS pretty interesting and fun. In terms of drugs and thugs, I live in the UK and there are schools like that in the rougher parts especially around London boroughs where kids probably find it cool but as adults it's stupid. The game was fake in many ways as it's just a game, but I still found it engaging and fun, and the music to be pretty good. I was super easy but these kind of games are relaxing to play once in a while

• Like 1