Warning for those who might dislike

A-Rebirth

You don't have to like them, but learning to tolerate and maybe even appreciate parts of the ethos of opposing value systems is part of the journey of life, my dude. Live, and let live. There's enough battles between "Us and Them" out there; don't consign your soul to a battle that has no end.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

well I played life is strange music while and after my wedding ceremony bc my husband and I love it so much, and it made even the fotographer and the marriage registrar cry who didn't know the game but loved the songs. it was beautiful and nobody can take that from us ?

I don't take anything from anyone. But everybody can't like this kind of music. Some people enjoy pop, rock'n roll, some prefer jazz, some prefer oldschool trance music from the 90's. Some people like new or old music... or big artist or small artists. It doesn't mean your taste (or my taste) is an objective fact about what is good and what is not good. I'm glad you enjoyed your wedding though. 

4 hours ago, A-Rebirth said:

I do only play this for the very fast and easy platinum. To boost my PSN profile and gaining a little rank on the leatherboard on PSNP is what makes it funny. 

This is really the only issue, it’s probably just not for you. Maybe a lesson to research more before spending money on something? There are probably other easy games you’re more likely to be into. I don’t think this game advertised itself as being any different to what it is. 

• Like 4

Just now, Charizarzar said:

This is really the only issue, it’s probably just not for you. Maybe a lesson to research more before spending money on something? There are probably other easy games you’re more likely to be into. I don’t think this game advertised itself as being any different to what it is. 

First thing to say... I didn't spend a cent on this game. I got it for free. Second thing is that money (on PS3 games) is not a problem for me. Third thing. I was playing the game for the ease of trophies in first place. That's why I started it. I got annoyed afterward but it's not a big deal after all. Not for me at least. But for somebody else that value their game investments more it might be. That's why I started this thread.

• Like 1

Just now, A-Rebirth said:

First thing to say... I didn't spend a cent on this game. I got it for free. Second thing is that money (on PS3 games) is not a problem for me. Third thing. I was playing the game for the ease of trophies in first place. That's why I started it. I got annoyed afterward but it's not a big deal after all. Not for me at least. But for somebody else that value their game investments more it might be. That's why I started this thread.

Maybe complete the game and then see if your opinion changes. It's hard to judge a story when you're not even to the climax yet. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kittet3 said:

Maybe complete the game and then see if your opinion changes. It's hard to judge a story when you're not even to the climax yet. 

You might be right. That was why I did wrote in the beginning "I just done the first episode" so people like you can understand that this only reflects my first impression of it. It's my opinion so far and it seems to be the opinion of some gamers that already completed the game in this thread too. However, when it comes to stuff like the music my taste is totally different. I don't enjoy this kind of music and it's very unlikely they change the genre to something totally different that doesn't fit in. I would be very suprised if that would be the case.

1 minute ago, A-Rebirth said:

Fair enough, I think it was on PS+ at one point. Though to answer your point, as others have said I don’t consider this game to be pushing an agenda, simply showing characters with views that are realistic for their demographic in the way many games do. 

And I wouldn’t say the game changes dramatically but I think it’s too early to be calling it a trash game.

• Like 1

Just now, A-Rebirth said:

You might be right. That was why I did wrote in the beginning "I just done the first episode" so people like you can understand that this only reflects my first impression of it. It's my opinion so far and it seems to be the opinion of some gamers that already completed the game in this thread too. However, when it comes to stuff like the music my taste is totally different. I don't enjoy this kind of music and it's very unlikely they change the genre to something totally different that doesn't fit in. I would be very suprised if that would be the case.

I found that I really disliked a lot of games at the beginning only to change my mind as I played more. The story main's characters are teenage girls and, depending on your experiences growing up, it seems like some people can't really relate to them. I know that some of the "corny" dialogue is definitely words that I used when I was 15 :P A lot of it is a bit shallow because that's just how teenagers are.

As for the music, if it's not your cup of tea then it's not your cup of tea. I think there's a line between saying it's bad music and saying you just don't like it- music can be good and you not like it. You can always play the game without the music if you really wanted to. 

51 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

well I played life is strange music while and after my wedding ceremony bc my husband and I love it so much, and it made even the fotographer and the marriage registrar cry who didn't know the game but loved the songs. it was beautiful and nobody can take that from us 1f60a.png

This is awesome... what were your favourite tracks ?

• Like 1

Really? I'd generally consider myself to be a conservative, having grown up in a military family, but I thought the game did an excellent job of telling a story about an age group and culture that I really can't relate to. Is it just the characters you don't like, or the way it's presented? Maybe you'll appreciate the later episodes more, as others have said.

The soundtrack isn't really my thing, but it fit the game perfectly.

I had more fun with it by laughing at the absurd dialogue and situations. The hamfisted political messages get worse in the second game from what I've seen, with Chloe only really being the worst part of that in the first game.

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I found that I really disliked a lot of games at the beginning only to change my mind as I played more. The story main's characters are teenage girls and, depending on your experiences growing up, it seems like some people can't really relate to them. I know that some of the "corny" dialogue is definitely words that I used when I was 15 :P A lot of it is a bit shallow because that's just how teenagers are.

As for the music, if it's not your cup of tea then it's not your cup of tea. I think there's a line between saying it's bad music and saying you just don't like it- music can be good and you not like it. You can always play the game without the music if you really wanted to. 

I don't agree with you. Bad music for you might be very good music for lots of other people. Does that mean you got the ultimate truth? What about if they think your music sucks then?  

"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so" - Shakespear (from Final Fantasy XV)

I think I enjoyed the concept of the butterfly effect and how Max's life changed around her. There were definitely parts where I was like "OMG, I can't believe this is happening," and I think moments like those made the game well worth playing. You can tell that the kids and teacher are liberals. However, I don't find that particularly important in a game. I'm sure I could go back to older games and find the same agendas being brought up; I just never cared though.

I agree with the OP that the dialogue isn't great. In fact, most of it made me cringe, but I don't know how teenagers talk anymore. Maybe people do use "hella" or "amazing" to describe everything? As for the music, I enjoyed it for the most part. I thought it fit the game really well.

Anyways, this is just one person's opinion. If the game interests you, play it. If not, then don't. It's not too difficult imo.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

A lot of Western developers are making their games political. Episode 1 is free, so I think people should just give it a try to see if they'll enjoy it.

I got the whole game not just the first episode. And didn't got it from PS+ either as somebody else here was expecting. I got it gifted from a friend. But yeah you're probably right. If I'm not wrong most Telltale games got their first episode for free too. I assume that is also meant to get more people involved in it in so they can sell more copies. A business strategy. However I still think it's a good thing.

Edited by A-Rebirth

I picked it up the PS4 version for the easy trophies. Liked it enough to make the PS3 plat my 50th plat milestone. The dialogue can be absolutely cringeworthy at times, and the perspective of a high school girl is not going to click with everyone. I played in party with one of my friends (talking through the decisions as they happen, making fun of characters we don’t like, spilling Frank’s beans over and over again, etc) and it was fantastic. 

• Like 1

To each their own, really. I can definitely see why someone wouldn't enjoy it as much as I did.
I liked the game. Genuinely cared for the characters, also thought the soundtrack was very good and fit the tone of the game well.
My only criticism goes to the graphics (animations are awful) and the ending which felt flat in comparison to the rest. It seemed like Dontnod tried to bite off more than it could chew in regards to storytelling... A bit disappointing for a story-driven product, but overall a solid game IMO. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

I rather enjoyed it, even though I am much older than the supposed age group. Don't know why it seems politics is brought up in everything anymore I didn't think politics one time while playing the game. 

I am conservative in my thoughts and beliefs and I may not agree with some of the content within the game but It didn't stop me from enjoying it.

As far as the trophies go, I didn't worry about them the first time through each episode. I played to enjoy first, then did clean up for the trophies. 

Hope it gets better for you.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 3