Warning for those who might dislike

A-Rebirth

PC is the reason I haven’t made the decision to play this game. I’ve had it in my library for 2 years (June 2017 PS Plus line-up) but stayed far away from the game because I don’t know what to think about it until I start Episode One and if I don’t enjoy it I’m forced to platinum the game. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Off topic

1 hour ago, Skeptical69 said:

PC is the reason I haven’t made the decision to play this game. I’ve had it in my library for 2 years (June 2017 PS Plus line-up) but stayed far away from the game because I don’t know what to think about it until I start Episode One and if I don’t enjoy it I’m forced to platinum the game. 

It’s hard to say too much without spoiling it too much but the game absolutely focuses on their friendship, it’s just down to player choice if they want it to be something more. 

And you could always set up an alt and play it on that if you’re worried about trophies. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

I played it back in 2016 just for the memes on PC and holy shit, the cringe and edginess from the dialogue reminded me the one from Moira on Resident Evil Revelations 2 and that masterpiece that was the Mighty No.9 trailer lol, the gameplay was meh since its a walking simulator and for the "story", all I remember were those cringe edgy moments from Chloe ? definitely gonna stay away from part 2 since I saw it was heavier on cringe compared to this one.

This video sums it up:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, INinjaRaidenI said:

I played it back in 2016 just for the memes on PC and holy shit, the cringe and edginess from the dialogue reminded me the one from Moira on Resident Evil Revelations 2 and that masterpiece that was the Mighty No.9 trailer lol, the gameplay was meh since its a walking simulator and for the "story", all I remember were those cringe edgy moments from Chloe 1f602.png definitely gonna stay away from part 2 since I saw it was heavier on cringe compared to this one.

This video sums it up:

Yeah! It really sums up how "good" this game is. 1f602.png Hilarious! haha...

Edited by A-Rebirth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Boruto-Shippuden said:

Your the first person I find in 4 years that Hates this game, but I  RESPECT your opinion

Then look a little futher in this thread and you will find a few others. ;) I respect your opinions as well. 

• Like 1

I'm a right leaning person and I LOVE the first Life is Strange and Before the Storm. Have the collectors editions for both of them. And yes I love the soundtracks as well.

Part Two however is garbage. ? I've no idea what happened between 1 and 2 but.....yeah I'm avoiding 2.

I always couldn't help but think "Tumblr the game" every time I see a video or screenshot of it, and never had much of an interest in it because of that lol. I guess there's obviously a big fanbase for the game though - I guess it has that Telltale effect as far as format or something :dunno:

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

On 31.5.2019 at 11:28 PM, ahmedelebiary said:

This is awesome... what were your favourite tracks ?

Mountains, youth from daughter and no below from ortiz were the ones played. mountains for walking in, the others for the champaign reception after the ceremony (among other songs). I love them so much. But I like all the others too, most of them were too sad for the accasion, though xD

we also played a piano version of kingdom heart's passion while exchanging rings ^^" I'm really happy I had the chance to have it that way.

On 31/05/2019 at 6:56 PM, A-Rebirth said:

Ohh... btw, just to mention how incredibly immature those (higher education!?) students are for their given age. When I was working on my bachelor my classmates didn't act like kids in elementary school. It's so ridiculous... and not too realistic. 

Have you taken a look at your average blue-haired hairy-assed SJW lately?

Believe me, it's more than realistic... ?

• Like 1

OK now I played another 2 episodes... I have to admitt it has not been as bad as the first one. But not because I don't like the core values... but because the game is entertaining. I noticed there is one track I liked so far and that's crosses. But I did never like the original  "crosses" by José Gonzales. I actuallly listened to the Tiësto remix like 10 years ago, so it's probably why I liked that track more than the others. I was into clubbing with progressive/uplifting trance and house music like in 2007. That's more my musical preferences... SO... it was at least getting a little better. But I still think it's not my kind of game and I'm not the in the "demographic" group either.

Once again... no offences to them who like this. This obviously triggers opinions from both sides and just not one side. As you see at the comment above there are obviously not just "broflakes and homophobes" getting trigged since when you type a comment like that (that is condescending) you actually been trigged yourself. Some people really need to understand that opinions might be different. Donald Trump did not win because noboddy did vote for him... a lot of "normal" people actually did. Even black, hispanic and gay persons did. And not just 1 of them. Same thing when Obama got elected. People got different views and opinions about games and doesn't need to make people being idiots.

Some people in this thread need to chillout a little. It's like saying "everybody who doesn't like to eat meatballs are douchebags"... common is it so hard to understand? People like different things. Big deal? You can't make the world having your own opinions and views. It's impossible.

EDIT: I still doesn't regret I got this game. I highly doubt I will EVER regret an easy platinum. Not even if I would plat something like Leisure Suit Larry.

Edited by A-Rebirth
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 7:18 PM, RigbySanchez439 said:

What? Nobody forces you to platinum anything. If you platinum it that's YOUR choice.

• Like 4

On 2019/6/1 at 6:05 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

If you want a game made that has your politics, then why not make one?

I’m sure Rootin’-Tootin’-Deer-Huntin’- Hipster-Bashin’-Security-Squad Versus the Nasty Drug-Youths will do big business. 

Not, y’know, with the general public. But you’ll sell some copies.

At Klan rallies, Fox News events, on Reddit and the likes.

This is the problem i think a lot of people have. If the same game was made but with the opposite politics, it would be labled as "Racist, Homophobic, Xenophobic, islamophobic, Bigoted, White supremacy, etc.." 

I agree its good to play it even if you don't agree with those politics. But there shouldn't be double standards. 

• Like 2

On 2.6.2019 at 1:15 PM, yellowwindow7 said:

that moment when they called Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within a good movie no matter what people say about it in episode one though...

yeah, nice try Square Enix ?

though I kinda think the soundtracks were really cool.

well I liked spirit within back then so I was happy about the comment although I knew what square did there... Imo it kinda shows that it's okay to have an opinion that doesn't match the common one, and I shared a lot of max's so she felt pretty real to me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I thought the warning was about the amount of screen tearing that occurred with the PS3 version. Compared to Game Of Thrones (PS3), Life Is Strange (PS3) actually runs really well and is pretty advanced for the PS3. Game of Thrones managed to barely run at 1 fps when there's a lot of action on screen and is a boring slog to play (I don't care what happens to the Forresters, someone tell that lard ass George RR Martin to finish his fucking books so I can be as disappointed in them as I was with this game and the show).

Getting back on topic, yes, it's a bit cringy and the soundtrack is god tier (I get goosebumps every time with Max going into a hallway and playing "To All of You," Max and Chloe listening to Bright Eyes, "Sacrifice Chloe" song at the end...) and I cried like crazy when I originally Platinum'ed it on PS4 - I was going through some things then....but it holds up so well.

And I got Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within on Blu Ray somewhere.....

Edited by POEman553

• 1 year later...
On 5/31/2019 at 6:10 PM, snakebit10 said:

I rather enjoyed it, even though I am much older than the supposed age group. Don't know why it seems politics is brought up in everything anymore I didn't think politics one time while playing the game. 

I am conservative in my thoughts and beliefs and I may not agree with some of the content within the game but It didn't stop me from enjoying it.

As far as the trophies go, I didn't worry about them the first time through each episode. I played to enjoy first, then did clean up for the trophies. 

Hope it gets better for you.

Neither did I.

In fact we never get to meet any political figures in the game, no mayor, senator, or governor, or even city council members.  I don't really think I would label rebellious teenage girls as either liberal or conservative, they are just rebellious teens, of which will disrespect authority.  Their motives for their rebellion don't have to have any political idealogy, in fact it could be simply the psychology of the girls based on their demographics, family lives, and other characteristics.  

I really enjoyed the game, one of the best I've played, I wouldn't say I love it.  I don't think there are a lot of problems with it, I just wouldn't say "love it".  It's such an incredible game and experience though.  I really enjoy movies, so trophies aside, I love a good story.  I was going to do a chapter a day, yet after a bad netflix movie Friday night I had to come down and finish the story.  It was really hard for me to put down, and I have thought about it quite a bit since I have completed playing it.  I also watched the alternate ending via youtube.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/1/2019 at 2:38 AM, INinjaRaidenI said:

I played it back in 2016 just for the memes on PC and holy shit, the cringe and edginess from the dialogue reminded me the one from Moira on Resident Evil Revelations 2 and that masterpiece that was the Mighty No.9 trailer lol, the gameplay was meh since its a walking simulator and for the "story", all I remember were those cringe edgy moments from Chloe ? definitely gonna stay away from part 2 since I saw it was heavier on cringe compared to this one.

This video sums it up:

I'm very thankful for the recent forum post feed as I would likely never have seen this otherwise.😄

25 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

I'm very thankful for the recent forum post feed as I would likely never have seen this otherwise.

Thanks, now I can block that channel lol. It screams incel and jokes about feminism. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

they want to be so different  to the status quo and special, that they never realize they are actually following another status quo.

Basically this: