5 or fewer continues trophies

player 1 starts his game. player 1 loses his last life. player 2 sends his character into the game. let player 1 countdown hit zero. you do the same for player 2 and then complete the game for each you'll have that plat no matter how many times you continued.

• Like 4

Do i choose at game option 5 continues?last life you mean when coountdown appears on screen?when i play with first player and i lose all my 3 lifes and countdown begins then i press start with second controller but credit goes down by one and the first player countdown goes to zero and if i press with controller 1 start it takes another credit

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Johnnybaz85 said:

Thank you for this, i will be trying it shortly. Im sorry if its been asked before, but to clarify,I should start a two player game but not choose a player for player 2.

once player 1 has lost all lives,let the countdown run to zero and press start on controller 2 or before the countdown runs to zero? 

I'm following the topic too, dind't know about this trick :D lol it will be my first Ultra rare platinum

This trick makes these trophies easy but the trophies for saving 10 prisoners are hard as hell, I could only get it for the 1st game. You can't even die once because it resets your prisoners count. I would already have the platinum without this rescuing bullshit.

5 hours ago, Johnnybaz85 said:

Thank you for this, i will be trying it shortly. Im sorry if its been asked before, but to clarify,I should start a two player game but not choose a player for player 2.

once player 1 has lost all lives,let the countdown run to zero and press start on controller 2 or before the countdown runs to zero? 

Before countdown runs to zero and when you lose 3 times countdown will appear again, with your second player then press  start or the touchpad before time goes zero

Repeat this until you beat the game

Choose free play in options and easy,very important

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devil-Danna said:

This trick makes these trophies easy but the trophies for saving 10 prisoners are hard as hell, I could only get it for the 1st game. You can't even die once because it resets your prisoners count. I would already have the platinum without this rescuing bullshit.

Practice makes perfect. It's about the only real thing to suggest. I found 4 and 5 the hardest, 5 was the toughest and the level was looooong.

I even had to try and cheese it with 2 players. Fiance played with me for awhile, and it helped a bit to block bullets from the final boss (have P2 join at the end before the boss is what I did). Then just keep spawning in to block bullets for you. We weren't able to do it and while he was at work, I tried that on my own. And while adding some challenge to continue with P2, it helped. I just couldn't get the hang of dodging that dumb bosses bullets without sliding right into the damn thing while it hopped at me. :| The invincibility frames of P2 help a lot too.

Just keep trying and you can get it eventually. It is a huge pain in the ass compared to the rest, but this would be cake compared to actually beating these games without the exploit the topic is about. That trophy would be near impossible to me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Devil-Danna said:

It's only hard in Metal Slug 5 for the final boss

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, xLordOF_WaR said:

Theres any video on youtube explaining that? Still dont get it :(

• First, go into the overall compilation’s options and set the difficulty to easy and continues to free play.
  • Start one of the individual games with controller 1.
  • As soon as you lose your last life, the continue countdown for player 1 begins. Press Start (mapped to the right half of the touchpad) on controller 2, and play as the second player for a bit.
  • When player 2 loses his/her last life, their continue timer begins. Press Start on controller 1 and play as the first player again.
  • Repeat the last two steps over and over until the game is won.

A couple notes:

• After switching controllers, make sure you don’t lose all of your lives while the other player’s countdown timer or high score entry is active. You can speed up the countdown timer by pressing X repeatedly, and rapidly enter high score initials with the square button.
  • Metal Slug 6 has more strict timing, you’ll have to press start on the inactive player before the active player’s countdown timer begins.

Hope this helps!

Edited by ebbhead1991
Premature posting.
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2019 at 10:33 PM, ebbhead1991 said:
  • First, go into the overall compilation’s options and set the difficulty to easy and continues to free play.
  • As soon as you lose your last life, the continue countdown for player 1 begins. Press Start (mapped to the right half of the touchpad) on controller 2, and play as the second player for a bit.
  • When player 2 loses his/her last life, their continue timer begins. Press Start on controller 1 and play as the first player again.

A couple notes:

• After switching controllers, make sure you don’t lose all of your lives while the other player’s countdown timer or high score entry is active. You can speed up the countdown timer by pressing X repeatedly, and rapidly enter high score initials with the square button.
  • Metal Slug 6 has more strict timing, you’ll have to press start on the inactive player before the active player’s countdown timer begins.

Hope this helps!

Flawless!! Thank you very much

• 1 month later...

amazing!

just a quick note, for metal slug if you want to be sure I pres start when the other player has the last life so when I'm selecting the new player I kill myself with the other. this way you don't need any timing. hope it helps

Edited by sssMABsss
format

• 2 months later...
On 31/5/2019 at 11:50 PM, lordguwa said:

player 1 starts his game. player 1 loses his last life. player 2 sends his character into the game. let player 1 countdown hit zero. you do the same for player 2 and then complete the game for each you'll have that plat no matter how many times you continued.

On 1/6/2019 at 0:09 AM, MauCast said:

You can do this in free play and just play normally, doing this trick, the game will not recognize how many continues you have used at the end. The trophies pops when the continue count at the “Mission All Over” screen is 5 or fewer.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:23 AM, Squarevii87 said:

It worked thank you very much lordguwa and maurener1f600.png

But when I have to use the second controller because on the first one I've lost all my three lives and "Continue?" appears on screen with countdown, I have to press PS button on second controller to activate it right?

Then I keep playing with controller 2, "Continue?" arrives, I press PS button on first controller to activate it and I move on like this right?

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm

On 2/9/2019 at 3:33 AM, ebbhead1991 said:

A couple notes:

Hope this helps!

But when I have to use the second controller because on the first one I've lost all my three lives and "Continue?" appears on screen with countdown, I have to press PS button on second controller to activate it right?

Then I keep playing with controller 2, "Continue?" arrives, I press PS button on first controller to activate it and I move on like this right?

On 1/4/2020 at 3:58 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

sorry i haven't posted recently. but that is how you work it while making sure you hit the ps button 2nd controller.

Edited by lordguwa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, gnova said:

Does anyone know if this works for 6? It wouldn’t let me join as the other player after I lost all my lives

On 2.9.2019 at 3:33 AM, ebbhead1991 said:

Metal Slug 6 has more strict timing, you’ll have to press start on the inactive player before the active player’s countdown timer begins.

• Like 3