All Boss Fights (as Elessa) on Normal Difficulty

rubhen925

Hey guys,

Just finished the game on Normal. The other higher difficulties are another thing entirely, and as you level up and get more heroic loot, you will find them easier. I used Elessa, as she is more my type of character gameplay wise.

My build:

• I always favour damage over defensive buffs and skills. For passives I went with more trap damage, gain energy on moving, and also health regen (This is sorely needed if you are like me and sometimes forget to dodge lol)
  • I love to poison the bosses as it does damage over time, and also I try to make sure to use the giant AOE healing spell that also slows down and poison enemies at higher levels
  • I dodge a lot, as it also helps to refill my energy meter.
  • Remember Elessa is weak and has lower health pools. She can do massive damage, but can also take a lot of damage.
  • Skills change based on Boss, so stay tuned below

1) Great Unclean One Boss

This is the first boss you fight at the end of Chapter 1. This by far is the hardest boss first time around as you will be low level and will be limited to a base set of skills. I end up using the spinning blades for a lot of damage and crowd control. I use the throwing knives as well on the boss as it does the most damage at that time for my level and it constantly refilled my energy. The spinning knives I spam as it helps to hurt the boss while you do other moves and also helps with crowd control.

Each boss has 3 phases. This boss starts with just smacking his weapon on the ground towards you. This releases a shockwave towards you. You want to roll at the last second. He can destroy the 3 pillars in the room this way, so make sure to leave atleast one standing throughout the fight as he can also spew poison that covers the entire room. You will need to hide behind the pillars to keep safe. Don't use the health potion unless you get hit by poison as it will kill you. Once all that is done he will surround himself with claws that will negate damage you do. Enemies will spawn till the claws leave. Now the phase repeats over and over till you drain his first bar.

Second phase is the same except now, he can drop things from the air that will hurt you and cause poison damage. So constantly room and try to not get hit. His 3rd phase is a bit different. He will do the same things as before but in a different order, which will cause you some problems the first time. he will also drop things from the ceiling a lot more, and spawn more enemies. As mentioned before, try you best to remove the additional enemies so you can spend all your energy hurting the boss when he frees his body for attack. This will surely be the toughest boss to get through for now, and after that it becomes easier, so hang in there!

2) Bloodthirster Boss

The second boss in the game and is fought at the end of Chapter 2. He is a lot easier than the previous boss as he projects all his attacks and is easy to dodge them. For his first phase he can jump in the air and ground slam in the middle. This is the only move you need to watch out for as it covers the entire screen. When he jumps in the air, you can see a light red ring form in the middle. That is the immediate radius that gets hit. But he will send a shockwave of fire forward in all directions. So to avoid this move to the entrance of the room to be safe from the attack. He can also swing his arm at you, summon enemies, and jump attack you. His other two phases just result in faster attacks and a change in the pattern, so make sure to watch out for the signs of these attacks. The small holes on the ground will start spewing fire as you damage the boss more, so be mindful of their placements.

For this fight, i ended up switching to poison spreadshot arrows, and the heal spell that covers a certain circular area. It heals me and slow down enemies so it's very useful. I also end up using the circular blade attack as well. All in all with this setup you can really lose.

3) Keeper of Secrets

This boss fought at the end of Chapter 3, in my opinion is the easiest boss, even on harder difficulties, because you can simply avoid the boss the whole fight and damage it from a distance. It will be a long fight but patient people can get through this fight no problem. Not much has changed in terms of skills since the previous boss. My healing circle is bigger, and I used piercing arrows that ricochets of multiple enemies. I also use a trap that constantly hurts enemies that are standing on top of it. With this setup i just ran around the boss, shot arrows and the circular blade, and then used the healing circle when i needed it. I also set the trap in the middle where the boss comes to power up. This way it constantly takes damage.

All three phases are pretty much similar, except more enemies spawn, boss moves faster, and sends out attacks faster in higher phases. It can swing it's sword at you, spawn monsters, send pink lightning streaks, and also cover itself with a radial lightning field. During the times the boss goes to the middle to power up, some totems pop up. Destroying the totems stop the powering up process. So focus on them during those moments. Lastly the boss will spawn these magenta jellies that float around. If they make contact with you, a lot of damage can be taken, so watch out!

4) Lord of Change (Final Boss)

This is it. The final boss you fight at the conclusion of Chapter 4. This boss isn't too difficult, but can be annoying, more so just runs away a lot. The boss has a tendency to teleport from one point to another and it can be hard to keep track of the boss when you want to spend all you energy to do a lot of damage. The boss has a couple attacks and the rest is just spawning of enemies that deal most of the damage. The boss can shoot you with a laser that tracks, so keep dodging until it stops. The boss can also leave small traps around the arena, closeby itself. You don't want to stay close to them. When the boss teleports, it does a slash so be mindful and dodge out of the way. Lastly the boss can shoot orbs at you as well after teleporting. Lastly the boss can also jump slash you when you get too close.

My build really didn't change from the previous fight. I use the same stuff, though i think instead of the trap using the knives, or another projectile based attack would suit this fight as the boss just escapes too many times for the trap to be taking a useful slot on your move list. Use the health regen circle when needed or when you are surrounded by a ton of enemies. Other than that the most damaging move has to be the spread shot that does poison damage. Using your dryads also help to take attention away from the enemies and bosses so you can prepare better. Other than that it shouldn't be too difficult. Even in later phases all the boss does is change the order of attacks and its recovery.

That's it. All the bosses as Elessa on Normal. I am working on Chaos 2 and Chaos 5 for those trophies and once i have a solid strategy I will post them.

hope this helps

Cheers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

As always, thanks a lot!!! 

glad to be of help :)

7 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Thanks for the vids. So what do you think of the game, Rubhen?

I have very mixed feeling about the game.

In terms of gameplay i love it. So many skills and variations to choose from. The builds can be cool when you get to high levels.

Voice acting is good in some parts and just downright terrible in others. Elessa's VA is just crap.

Loot is shit most of the time and doesn't vary much other than raise stats marginally till you get too super high difficulties and get heroic items. They add some cool effects. But overall I enjoy these type of games, was just bored of the same old dungeons after a while.

Also only 4 bosses is criminal. For a full priced game that can be beaten in 10-12 hours on normal, there has to be atleast 10 bosses.....

• Like 1