Another month in PVZ GW2 without Boss Rush. How many more months until we can play it again? *sigh*

I have to believe that Sony has been quietly insisting that games have Online Trophies to push their Online presence just the same way they pushed to have every game have some "vibration" effect or tilt-control effect when those options were first made available. I have just too many PS3 games with only 1 or 2 trophies that are nothing but "Share a Photo" Etc. that can't be completed because the servers go down a couple of months after the game is released. While there is no hope of stopping this in the PS4 generation, we can only hope that Sony does away with these hint, hint, wink, nudge suggestions for the next generation. 

The industry is doing too much to itself being self-destructive in the pursuit of the short profit and if it doesn't stop, it will kill itself in the long run....

Edited by PSXtreme_
grammar
  • Like 1

This is just a dumb way to have these events, whoever thought of this is darn stupid, they seriously should be available to play all the time not just when it "randomly" is time for it to be up 

I just started this game last night. I enjoyed the first one and saw this for $2 so I figured I'd give it a try. I knew it would be a grind to get all the trophies, but events that are gated by time periods just seems like a new form of evil I wish I never knew existed. ?

Well I'll probably settle for getting as many trophies as I can while having as much fun as possible. 

Thanks for venting a little @TheYuriG sometimes a good rant can be very informative for those who don't know. 

yeah, i just gave up and deleted it after platinum and i don't usually do that, the majority of the time i stick it out with platinum's and DLC i have access to. but this was one game i didn't have fun with its trophy list compared to the first game, especially waiting for the 10 quest related trophy, when i went through it there were a number of days i expected those quests to be given and they weren't. absolute BS, never mind keeping track of a calendar for months on in for the DLC trophies to wait for specific dates that are nowhere near.

hate those kinds of trophies, sort of like the rayman legends one where you have to play everyday for months or whatever it was, fighting for silvers and golds since diamonds are near impossible to get the more the games population disperses. i was glad to have that over lol. 

I'm also waiting for the boss rush event to get the final 3 trophies (100%). This event was common years ago, but I think it may be unpopular and, as so, they schedule it only on certain months of the year (halloween for example).

• Like 2

What worries me the most is that this might not come live any time soon. I started the game a few months ago and it was scheduled a Boss event this April. Two weeks before the event, the schedule simply changed into a Mix challenge. So, honestly, it doesn’t matter if it’s scheduled or not, they can change it whenever they want -_-

I gave up to 100% because of that. I’ll just grab the gnomes and complete some Community Events for those 2 final trophies and that’s it.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, rocam315 said:

I'm also waiting for the boss rush event to get the final 3 trophies (100%). This event was common years ago, but I think it may be unpopular and, as so, they schedule it only on certain months of the year (halloween for example).

Same here. My secrets chars are done, just sitting on that in case I need not to pop this game for whatever reason.

34 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

What worries me the most is that this might not come live any time soon. I started the game a few months ago and it was scheduled a Boss event this April. Two weeks before the event, the schedule simply changed into a Mix challenge. So, honestly, it doesn’t matter if it’s scheduled or not, they can change it whenever they want -_-

I gave up to 100% because of that. I’ll just grab the gnomes and complete some Community Events for those 2 final trophies and that’s it.

That's actually true, I remember getting all happy about that and then they just changed it a few days in. I was annoyed, but didn't expect it to be put on hold for so long after. It has been several months now.

2 hours ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

I just started this game last night. I enjoyed the first one and saw this for $2 so I figured I'd give it a try. I knew it would be a grind to get all the trophies, but events that are gated by time periods just seems like a new form of evil I wish I never knew existed. 1f622.png

Well I'll probably settle for getting as many trophies as I can while having as much fun as possible. 

Thanks for venting a little @TheYuriG sometimes a good rant can be very informative for those who don't know. 

The plat is really fun, just the DLC ruins it. I did a very fast time for the plat because of how much I enjoyed playing it. Just sad that I'm blocked off the 100% for God knows how long. All I can do now is wait.

Never knew about this. Almost bought the game multiple times and now I am happy I didn't. Had a ton of fun getting the GW 100% so it is a bummer to hear about BS like this.

Edited by skateak

I really enjoyed getting the 100% in GW1, it almost felt effortless because it was so fun.

Got to GW2 after the DLC came and jumped in to the Boss Hunt when it came in to the rotation. We got our ass kicked time and time again.

Not only is it date restricted but it is also incredibly hard (at least for me and two buddies, all fairly experienced). Never getting this 100% unless they gift us with a really easy one. Maybe we just suck but it would be nice to get the chance to practice it. A couple of days is not enough time evidently ?

• Like 1

I have 100% already, but I absolutely agree.

Any one of these things would be a small offense. But... time-gating the trial keys, rotating out Cats vs Dinos, rotating out Boss Hunt, and the fact that CRAAAAZY Boss Hunts are actually pretty hard? Plus you can only do epic quests as fast as the game hands them out; you can only do community challenges as fast as the game hands them out; you can only enter infinity time by spending stars. There are like 5 trophies stuck behind this by-appointment-only BS!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another month's calendar and once again, Boss Rush isn't in rotation. We are getting:

1. pirates vs cacti event from July 2nd to 8th
  2. Supermix speedrun mode from July 9th to 15th
  3. Taco Tales on July 16th, but without an ending date. What the fuck is even this

Another month without 100% on this again, it seems.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

3 trophies from the DLC are locked behind this mode, Normal completion, Hard completion, Crazy completion. Cats vs Dynos also gets affected by rotations like this one and that only happens once each 6 months. Next one should happen by september. Community events are also timegates, but I think those happen quite often, once per month usually. There is one ongoing for the next 2 days and half, requiring 200 MP kills, so you would need just 2 more of those. There is another trophy which is timegated, but not tied to any particular event in rotation, but needs one event, any event, once a week, which is unlocking the 2 additional characters.

unknown.png

Edited by TheYuriG
added screenshot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

3 trophies from the DLC are locked behind this mode, Normal completion, Hard completion, Crazy completion. Cats vs Dynos also gets affected by rotations like this one and that only happens once each 6 months. Next one should happen by september. Community events are also timegates, but I think those happen quite often, once per month usually. There is one ongoing for the next 2 days and half, requiring 200 MP kills, so you would need just 2 more of those. There is another trophy which is timegated, but not tied to any particular event in rotation, but needs one event, any event, once a week, which is unlocking the 2 additional characters.

You probably explained that perfectly, but my mind is all over the place haha I will look at the list and probably have some questions. Ill be back ?

This rotation system is a bummer. Luckly I did this way back, when there was a Boss Hunt every month. It was hard and I still had to wait a year for the Gnome Boss to show up (the easiest for me).

This is certainly one of the worst trophy lists ever.

Edited by samuel_hsc

The website got updated..we’ll be having:

3 community challenges back-to-back from JUL 16 to AUG 05. Which is good for people who still needs Team Player or Together We Win trophies.

5 Mystery Portal events back-to-back from JUL 02 to AUG 05. Hopefully we’ll get a Boss Hunt and CatsVs.Dinos events or atleast one of them.

This is probably the best month to start PvZ GW2 if anyone still planning to do so.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2019 at 3:04 AM, TheBlackDevil990 said:

The website got updated..we’ll be having:

3 community challenges back-to-back from JUL 16 to AUG 05. Which is good for people who still needs Team Player or Together We Win trophies.

5 Mystery Portal events back-to-back from JUL 02 to AUG 05. Hopefully we’ll get a Boss Hunt and CatsVs.Dinos events or atleast one of them.

This is probably the best month to start PvZ GW2 if anyone still planning to do so.

On 28/06/2019 at 0:16 PM, TheYuriG said:

Another month's calendar and once again, Boss Rush isn't in rotation. We are getting:

1. pirates vs cacti event from July 2nd to 8th
  2. Supermix speedrun mode from July 9th to 15th
  3. Taco Tales on July 16th, but without an ending date. What the fuck is even this

Another month without 100% on this again, it seems.

Please don't get anyone hope's up. Don't tell anyone to play this while the right events aren't in place, the only trustworthy calendar is the ingame one, which i've already posted what is showing. Neither of the relevant events are active.