Another month in PVZ GW2 without Boss Rush. How many more months until we can play it again? *sigh*

3 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Thats good! but unfortunately on really short notice. Is there anything I can prepare for the most chance?

Aka leveling up corn (or somebody else)?

This upcoming boss hunt requires zombies. From what I've read, the most useful charácters are definitely Súper Brains (Toxic brainz being recommended a lot), the Scientist and the All-star, though I'm not sure about which skins are better.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:12 AM, Diegofr12 said:

Boss Hunt is back!! Spooky squash boss hunt from 5/11 until 11/11 acording to the in-game calendar. 

Of course Boss Hunt is back when I'll be away on holiday ?? I think I will literally only have the 5th to try but even then im not sure due to time difference. Is anyone going to try this out as soon as its up?

Edited by black__bunny

3 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Of course Boss Hunt is back when I'll be away on holiday 1f62d.png1f62b.png I think I will literally only have the 5th to try but even then im not sure due to time difference. Is anyone going to try this out as soon as its up?

I'm going to give it a go every day, and I'll be more than happy to help anyone out who still needs it once I've obtained it, as I know this could be the only opportunity to get it for some time.

• Like 1

Hace 1 hora, ScintillaWolf dijo:

Voy a intentarlo todos los días, y estaré más que feliz de ayudar a cualquiera que aún lo necesite una vez que haya obtenido, ya que sé que esta podría ser la única oportunidad de obtenerlo durante algún tiempo. .

You can try to get the trophy shortly after starting the game? 

Also for the people looking to get Torch and Tail characters for the More Secrets? trophy it's showing up on the PS Store as ''PvZ GW 2 Torch and Tail Upgrade'' since recently. I am pretty sure if will go away soon and get replaced with other packs.

If you subscribe to EA Access it will cost 8.99 with the discount. Maybe a good way to get rid off your DLC along way with the Boss Hunt trophies together, if you struggling with having time to play this game. And dealing with work and other stuff.

Here is the screenshot:

4epdbf172k.jpg

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

Just tried to do boss hunt. You NEED a good team with the right characters and who know what to do. I tried several matches with randoms and got no where. 

I’ll have to hold out hope they bring this mode back some times next year as I’ll be away for the next week and won’t have another chance to try. Good luck to everyone else going for this

5 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Just tried to do boss hunt. You NEED a good team with the right characters and who know what to do. I tried several matches with randoms and got no where. 

I’ll have to hold out hope they bring this mode back some times next year as I’ll be away for the next week and won’t have another chance to try. Good luck to everyone else going for this

I tried it yesterday on normal difficulty, played with random teams only. First few games were easy losses, people had no clue what they were doing. Then I joined some random team and we were 3 All-stars with 1 scientist, worked really great. Sadly one All-star was pretty noob and kept picking up the candy without the bucket, so we failed one game. He kept doing it the 2nd game and we played until the Squash was 10% hp left with 4min on the timer, so we speed-rushed the whole route from guardian to candy rush and made it just in time lol... I guess hard difficulty is possible too, going to try later

25 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I tried it yesterday on normal difficulty, played with random teams only. First few games were easy losses, people had no clue what they were doing. Then I joined some random team and we were 3 All-stars with 1 scientist, worked really great. Sadly one All-star was pretty noob and kept picking up the candy without the bucket, so we failed one game. He kept doing it the 2nd game and we played until the Squash was 10% hp left with 4min on the timer, so we speed-rushed the whole route from guardian to candy rush and made it just in time lol... I guess hard difficulty is possible too, going to try later

Everything is possible, problem is that 80% of the randoms don't know what to do and with that logic it's better to make a group that knows what needs to be done rather then hoping on the matchmaking I guess.

I tried a few matches last night but no luck with randoms..I played with people that don’t know what’s going on half the time, scientists that their healing button apparently broken?, IMPs that keep dying every 3 seconds. Pleasant experience so far (woosah-woosah.)

Don't even bother with randoms, there's multiple gaming sessions and group chats going on, so there's absolutely no need to attempt this with randoms. It took me a full day to get it on normal when none of us knew what to do, then a few hours to get both Hard and then Crazy. A good team and knowing your roles, with clear communication, is the key to getting this done. Best of luck to everyone still going for it!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Don't even bother with randoms, there's multiple gaming sessions and group chats going on, so there's absolutely no need to attempt this with randoms. It took me a full day to get it on normal when none of us knew what to do, then a few hours to get both Hard and then Crazy. A good team and knowing your roles, with clear communication, is the key to getting this done. Best of luck to everyone still going for it!

Have any good strategies to share? Took our team probably about 3h to get normal. Was a real pain. Did you do it with or without toxic brains? We endes up doing normal with 2 toxic sci and 2 electro brains. 

I did normal with a -maxed out- chemist (scientist), soldier, engineer and super brainz. When I saw that (joined randoms together with a friend), I actually wanted to leave but it turned out fine in the end.
Did craaazy with the same scientist, another scientist (forgot which type, I believe it was dr. toxic) and two toxic brainz, which worked really well (even though we nearly ran out of time lol).

edit: And finally: Did hard with -again- the chemist, an astronaut (scientist), toxic brainz and an imp.

Edited by Davidov34

Happy to say that we just did crazy difficulty with 2 Scientists and 2 all-stars against spooky squatch.

Here are some general tips:

- Callouts are key for fast reactions on the always changing situation. With this I don't say all 4 players need to have a mic. I do say that atleast 1 caller in a team helps the efficiency by a bunch.

As for callouts, these are especially helpful in numerous situations. Normally (if you know the flow) just call the 'area': For example, what we used was: Stage, middle (anchor + the sides), backarea (opposite site of the stage), aquarium (bottom area of mid), Graveyard and Nuke (opposite site of graveyard). If the caller sees then everybody knows, it's efficient..

- Before initiating a step, go slow, heal yourself and evaluate the situation. Mostly in regards to the position of the boss. If he is in the anchor area, when you need to be there. Wait a sec before the actual setting up and initiating.

Phase wise:

Defend the candy: people tend to place a healbot in the back and the 2 attack bots on the sides. All-stars tend to create barricades before the entry ways to slow down the plants. But tbh I never had any problem with this phase.

Anchor and Guardian: Place a healbot next to the anchors and an attack bot. As all-stars place barricades in the 2 stair entry ways. We noticed that the best way to tackle this is instead of going to the guardian, let the guardian come to us.. [this technique probably wouldn't work that well with a toxic brainz]. What we did is activate the anchors and see the spawn position of the guardian. If it is to far, we left the anchor and retry it on the hope it spawns around the anchor area. This way the all-stars can stick around the anchors, the scientists could heal and do some damage as well and the anchors almost never falls. this was really ideal.

Spooky bucket: Here is were callouts really shine. We fully healed and make our way to the bucket. After killing enemies that were close an all-star picked up the bucket. Callers would immediately say were the next guy is and people followed in train while healing each other. In the end before the last candy the caller should already communicate the location of the boss so people can already race to him without looking. The only real tip is to always focus on the enemy with the candy.

Sugar rush: rush towards boss and shoot him from a safe distance... If you can place a bots, then do it. After sugar rush, heal up.

haunted trees: When these show up, go to the graveyard area and kill them before proceeding, you should have enough time for it. Beware that the boss doesn't come to you.

There are a lot of small tips/things as well, but in regards to the phases this is the best I can give you. Also hope that the RNG gods doesn't let squatch in the anchor area all the time. :awesome:

Good luck with hunting. I hope this helped.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be locking this thread now and quoting @Bumperklever's post on the front. I don't see a point in keeping this "when the event is coming back" thread up, when such event already came back. For those of you who got it done, good job. I have been playing Destiny 2 and didn't really bother to try once I saw it wouldn't work with randoms at all.