How long did it take you to find a panda?

MrFudge

Cumulatively I’ve spent roughly an hour wandering around a jungle in search of a panda, but still haven’t found a single one. I know they’re rare but this seems excessive. 

How long did it take you to find one? 

I’m looking along the bottom of the jungle, I have bamboo in my hand, and I even tried planting a bunch of bamboo to see if it’d spawn them. Any other tips you think might help my search? Thanks 

7 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

First time I walked into a jungle. Is it a new save? I don't know if they'll spawn in worlds created before the update.

Yes, created ~3 weeks ago. 

6 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I did what @HuntingFever said. Spawned a panda from an egg, which will get you the trophy in less than a few minutes for setup.

Hmm ok thanks, I’ll search a little longer and if nothing happens I’ll do it this way. 

11 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

If I remember right, there's a few different jungle variations. Pretty sure Pandas can only spawn in certain ones. Mainly the bamboo jungle variant. You might be looking in the wrong one.

Yea the wiki states it’s only bamboo jungles on PS4, but that’s the one I’m searching. I did notice another jungle from afar on my travels, imma give that a look and if there’re no pandas I’ll use the exploit. Ty.