Sony forcing players into ps plus?

Firstly it all started in 2013 when you have to get PS PLUS to play online on PS4 . And now they force you to pay for PS PLUS To get the full discount on a game? This is happening on the NA PSN Store . In the "Double Discounts" Sale if you don't have PS PLUS the games will only get discounted by a little but if you have PS PLUS the price will drop 40%-60% more

For example if you want to get Dead Space 2 Ultimate edition without PS PLUS The game will drop to 18$ but if you have ps plus it will go down to 6$

2doqds.jpg

52gva8.jpg

The game dropped to 6$ before without ps plus

The pic below is captured in February 2019

1tsuc2.jpg

This is beyond bullshit

This is happening to all games in the "Double Discounts" Sale in NA Store

Edited by The-_ThunderIord
  • Like 4

They do this since the start of Plus, in fact, it was the main point of Plus when it first came out on the PS3. If you have Plus you have exclusive deals (games that are on sale only for Plus members) and some games with discounts can also have an additional discount for Plus. The double discount sales main purpose is just to show that benefit.

As for the price being higher what did you expect? If they're going to offer a double discount they sure as hell won't make it much cheaper than the normal discount months/years before unless the game is considered to have lost value (even then it won't be by much). That's why you should use a site like psprices that shows you the price the game was on older sales so you know whether the price was increased or not.

• Like 4

They're not forcing anyone, its just and incentive of being part of a club. Just something to say hey if you get plus not only do you get these two games per month, you get access to online, some special PS+ based pricing and PSitems for some games. There a lot of companies that do this outside of gaming as well, i can think of a few companies where i am from that do this. 

If you don't play much online and don't like the monthly game offers then PS+ is prob not for you, but if you don't mind the monthly games and play a lot of online, its actually really cheap subscription annually. It's cheaper then netflix yearly and for me cheaper then my cell phone bill for a year.

Edited by VaNiDgE
  • Like 2

Ah not to be rude or something, but if Sony isn't offering benefits for a subscription based service, why should anyone buy it ? Of course they want as much people as possible to buy PS+ in return we get special offers such as discounts and monthly games.

Nobody forces you to buy it, but if you want to play online, again YOU want it, then you have to pay for it, it's as simple as that.

Edited by SaintChris777

In my case, PS Plus is necessary, because I can’t imagine not being able to play DbD or Uncharted 4. I don’t have any other choice, but buying it, so, yes, Sony is kinda forcing me into it. 

Having free games, cloud saving and additional discounts is just a bonus, for me.

43 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

Not really Sony's fault if some developers make stupid trophies.

(Then again, it is Sony's fault for copying Microsoft and locking online play behind a paywall).

Why are they stupid? Because you don’t like them? If a game has a multiplayer mode, shouldn’t it have online trophies? Shouldn’t a platinum represent a complete experience of the game? Or do you prefer a 5 minutes “Super Weekend Mode” platinum?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The-_ThunderIord said:

In the "Double Discounts" Sale if you don't have PS PLUS the games will only get discounted by a little but if you have PS PLUS the price will drop 40%-60% more

This is beyond bullshit

Yeah. From the time Plus was first created, one of its selling points was the “Exclusive Discounts.”  Its always been on the Plus cards and on the site as an advertisement for the service, check it out yourself. 

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-plus/

Its really no different than any other membership service that offers discounts. Think Amazon Prime. 

• Like 2

I'm mixed on these sales. These sales happen what feels like every 2 months in North America and being one of many who owns a US second account, it annoys me greatly! I mean, sure. I could just use a 14 day "free trial" but those require credit cards just to activate for **** sake...

it's not forced, the only way to force people to the plus subscription is to let's just say to made the whole store accessible to plus subscribers only ( which will gonna backfired on their face )

or puts YouTube, Crunchyroll, Twitch, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu etc. behind a plus pay wall ( like Microsoft is doing on Xbox to some degree )

They don’t force players to subscribe PS+, they simply advertise their service whenever they can. In that case, one of the benefits of PS+ is exclusive discounts. If that game has a lower price with the subscription, why not warn players about it. They don’t put an ultimatum or “point a gun” saying: subscribe now or your system will be disable for doing anything.

I honestly don’t get the fuzz around PS+. It’s optional, I always had PS+ since PS3 because of the games they offer and most discounts. Since most of the games offered these latest months are repeated in my collection/library, I don’t see a good reason to continue the subscription unless they give “me” a good month later.