Japanese or American PSN account?

A friend of mine just got a hand-me-down vita that has never been used.  So she's going to get up her first PSN account.  She does speak decent Japanese but her reading isn't the best.  We were going back and forth as to whether she should make an American account or a Japanese one.  She mainly will only be using it to play visual novels.  She would rather play them with English text but I know there are a lot of Japan exclusives.  She does, however, live in Japan and would be able to get at least some of them hardcopy.  So...what would be best?

If she wants to buy digital US games, make an US account. If she wants to buy digital jp games, make a jp account. I'd say since she lives in jp, to make an US account. She can get US games digitally and jp games physically.

Lastly, your account is tied to your memory card. So you can use more accounts on the same vita to access different region stores.  https://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/How_to_Switch_PSN_Accounts_on_PlayStation_Vita It's a bit cumbersome but it's possible.