MandA60VISE

Bug Fables, a Paper Mario inspired indie game, to be released this year

10 posts in this topic

Reminds me of equal parts Doki-Doki Universe and Costume Quest. NICE!

I certainly can't say no to a Paper Mario-esque game. I'll at least give it a shot when it comes out. 

Now that Nintendo has dropped the Paper Mario ball thanks to Color Splash and Sticker Star with their perishable attacks, we need a game to go back to the original roots, and I think this game is going to do it even though it's an insect themed world. If the trophy list isn't too frustrating I might pick it up. ;)

13 hours ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

Now that Nintendo has dropped the Paper Mario ball thanks to Color Splash and Sticker Star with their perishable attacks, we need a game to go back to the original roots, and I think this game is going to do it even though it's an insect themed world. If the trophy list isn't too frustrating I might pick it up. ;)

That's true.  Sticker Star I could play, and didn't mind, but Color Splash was frustrating.  I don't recall finishing it, actually.  At one point I had filled my inventory with high-powered items, only to be forced minutes later to dump them all to make room for some random garbage to finish one little part of the game.  Ridiculous! 

PC release is set for November 21st, with console versions still planned for 2019.

Didn't see this thread when it originally came up. Definitely a buy for me, even if reviews are a bit mediocre. I miss the old Paper Mario.

Edited by starcrunch061

Bug Fables is hitting consoles next month!