Undead Sea update Patch notes

chickenbaltipie

Just finished new mission on normal difficulty and it was still hard, played on hard and no success, but it's nice mission and it's for free.

Hope so in the future they will add more content because you can finish missions in few hours.

• Like 1

Most noteworthy things here:

• Made some adjustments to AI Director that will make Moscow 3, Tokyo 2, Jerusalem 1, Jerusalem 3, and NY 3 slightly harder and Jerusalem 2 and Tokyo 1 slightly easier.
  • Reworked “zombie stagger” mechanics. When hit, zombies used to play a long hit animation based on gun caliber and an element of randomness. Now they will play hit animations based on gun caliber and if they are hit repeatedly in a short period. This will make shotguns and fast firing weapons more consistent at staggering zombies.
  • Added private lobbies.
  • Added ability to host the game locally in private lobbies. (Only on Xbox and PS4 at the moment, same functionality will be available on PC later)
  • Added Tokyo 3 level.
  • Added new special zombie that will spawn on all levels.
  • Added UI that shows maximum difficulty each level was completed on.
  • Added FoV scale slider.
  • Added option to change PvP loadout during the game.
  • Like 1

I’ve been playing for about an hour with the new patch. I have to say, this game got much harder.

Tons of Bulls spawn in now. I’ve seen them roaming in packs now, which is an instant death usually because if one of them doesn’t get you, the other will.

The new spitting zombie is really difficult to take down. You can empty two magazines into that thing and it keeps moving. Maybe I’m just not doing it right, but I’ve been going for the head.

I’ve been dropping into hard lobbies as I usually do, and we barely finish levels now, whereas before the patch, I had almost no problem finishing any level on hard. Anybody trying to do Insane difficulty now, good luck. This game just got so much harder. The number of zombies seems to be even larger now, and they constantly seem to be called in.

I don’t know why the team decided to make the game much harder, as it was already tough to begin with. Might have to start playing on normal difficulty again if things don’t change. Overall, I’m glad they implemented the new patch as it added in some much needed features, but I wish they’d have not messed around with the difficulty so much.

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

Most noteworthy things here:

• Added private lobbies.
  • Added ability to host the game locally in private lobbies. (Only on Xbox and PS4 at the moment, same functionality will be available on PC later)
  • Added UI that shows maximum difficulty each level was completed on.
  • Added option to change PvP loadout during the game.

Private lobbies is massive for me - quite often we have had randoms join our group of 3 and just not play as a team, run off, get downed then we have to try and save him.

PvP loadout changes during a match - can't believe this wasnt in there from the start

14 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

I’ve been playing for about an hour with the new patch. I have to say, this game got much harder.

I'm going to have a go with my mates tonight and see if we notice as well

• Like 1

Just now, chickenbaltipie said:

assuming PVE - but hopefully its PVP as some of those trophies are a pain

Currently downloading the update will check as soon as it has finished installing. Hopefully you don't have to play on extreme difficulty to get the difficulty related trohpy. Since i have heard the game has already gotten much harder since the update.

10 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Currently downloading the update will check as soon as it has finished installing. Hopefully you don't have to play on extreme difficulty to get the difficulty related trohpy. Since i have heard the game has already gotten much harder since the update.

Can you update on here about the PVP?  thanks!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Private lobbies is massive for me - quite often we have had randoms join our group of 3 and just not play as a team, run off, get downed then we have to try and save him.

PvP loadout changes during a match - can't believe this wasnt in there from the start

I'm going to have a go with my mates tonight and see if we notice as well

I was playing PvP a few days ago and I was shocked that I couldn’t change my class during the match. It feels like they’re patching up all of the major oversights they made before launching the game.

Let me know how you think the game is now! I want to make sure I’m not crazy in thinking the game is harder. I know in the patch notes they said they messed with how zombies spawn in, and the game has changed the magnitude and frequency / occurrences of hordes spawning. It seems that is the big difficulty spike for me, as these all new hordes are apparently “shorter, but denser” iirc from the patch notes.

• Like 2

Just now, ResoluteRock said:

I was playing PvP a few days ago and I was shocked that I couldn’t change my class during the match. It feels like they’re patching up all of the major oversights they made before launching the game.

Let me know how you think the game is now! I want to make sure I’m not crazy in thinking the game is harder. I know in the patch notes they said they messed with how zombies spawn in, and the game has changed the magnitude and frequency / occurrences of hordes spawning. It seems that is the big difficulty spike for me, as these all new hordes are apparently “shorter, but denser” iirc from the patch notes.

Judging only from youtube comments alot of people are saying it harder now. People who played on insane all the time can't anymore and they think the new enemy is to strong or hard to kill.

Just now, Quink666 said:

Judging only from youtube comments alot of people are saying it harder now. People who played on insane all the time can't anymore and they think the new enemy is to strong or hard to kill.

I’m not really sure what the new enemy does. I know it spits some kind of goop that prompts a “Disinfect” on my screen, which makes you hold square button for about ~6 seconds to disinfect. I’ve never let it sit though. I suppose it just damages you over time?

I agree with the hard to kill part. It took me 2.5 magazines with the assault shotgun at close range to kill the thing, and I was aiming for the head for most of my shots. I know the developers said that if you don’t kill it correctly, it’ll come back. Is that not the right way to kill it maybe? :hmm:

• Like 1

Holy crap they have made it harder, just failed my first normal ever. With 2 other people that were level 200+. You get so swarmed with enemies. The new enemy type also is really strong. If you dont disinfect the spit you turn into a zombie. You have like 10 seconds to do so. If you are close to zombies you can't do it meaning you will turn, since you can't move for about 5 seconds while disinfecting.

Hopefully this will get balanced in the next patch whenever it might hit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Holy crap they have made it harder, just failed my first normal ever. With 2 other people that were level 200+. You get so swarmed with enemies. The new enemy type also is really strong. If you dont disinfect the spit you turn into a zombie. You have like 10 seconds to do so. If you are close to zombies you can't do it meaning you will turn, since you can't move for about 5 seconds while disinfecting.

Hopefully this will get balanced in the next patch whenever it might hit.

I’m barely completing the new Tokyo mission on Normal. It seems to be an endless spawn of zombies for the last ~10 minutes of the level.

Good to know I’m not crazy and that this game really just got more difficult. Doesn’t help that people under Rank 10 try to join hard lobbies either :shakefist:

Have you noticed any change with the Bulls? I feel like they spawn in groups now, which I definitely had never seen before the patch. I saw about 5 groups of Bulls in the 1.5 hours I played on the patch. I also felt like they died a bit easier though? Maybe I’m just being crazy but I feel like my team dispatched of Bulls more quickly, but I still struggled to kill a Bull about as much as I normally did before the patch.

25 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

I’m barely completing the new Tokyo mission on Normal. It seems to be an endless spawn of zombies for the last ~10 minutes of the level.

Good to know I’m not crazy and that this game really just got more difficult. Doesn’t help that people under Rank 10 try to join hard lobbies either :shakefist:

Have you noticed any change with the Bulls? I feel like they spawn in groups now, which I definitely had never seen before the patch. I saw about 5 groups of Bulls in the 1.5 hours I played on the patch. I also felt like they died a bit easier though? Maybe I’m just being crazy but I feel like my team dispatched of Bulls more quickly, but I still struggled to kill a Bull about as much as I normally did before the patch.

Yeah i had double bull spawn on normal even. Was farming hard yesterday no problem whatsoever. Failed my first normal today with experienced people. New zombie spawn very raely thank god.

Screamers seem to have a ton of HP now aswell.

Tokio 1: ... on the Short way to the bus 4 lurkers, 4 Bulls and 2 gasguys... the way to the First swarm 4 Bulls, one of the New Zombie, a lot of gasguys and Lurkers...and this is the 7th run and every time a lot more Enemies... sry but this is definitly Harder. 

25 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Phew good that we got platinum before this batch! (<— THIS!!!) Knew it was going to get harder!    

Haven't tried the new patch yet due to being busy, but you guys can't be serious that normal is op hard now?

Tokio 1 Again: the First swarm comes and at the same time 2 Bulls 2 gasguys, 1 New Zombie and a lurker,  completely ridiculous

I played quite a few hours today, and I think I’ve adjusted to the new difficulty spike a bit. I still fail more times than I succeed on normal/hard, but I’m getting used to the fact that I’m going to be facing a whole gang of Bulls and Infectors with some Gasbags sprinkled on top all at once.

If they do nerf this (plz nerf), I’ll definitely be a better player for having played at this level, and it’ll make subsequent attempts at Insane SO much easier.

3 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Phew good that we got platinum before this batch! Knew it was going to get harder!

Haven't tried the new patch yet due to being busy, but you guys can't be serious that normal is op hard now?

I'm struggling to complete hard now. Was farming it before but now i better stick to normal. 

I concur the difficulty spike since patch is pretty big almost like raising everything up 2 difficulty levels.  I'm playing insane missions with some level 250 guys and we were getting wiped at points from nowhere.   Had missions that played on insane and then after patch played on hard and it was harder than insane was before patch.  That is equal to or more than 2 difficulty levels.

I'm used to playing on insane (I don't have the trophy yet but I have over half of the levels done & prefer to play insane as it improves my own skill at the game) so I'm used to it being hard but I have to admit even actual hard difficulty is ridiculous now. When playing with a couple of my friends hard is fine because I play insane with them so we just treat it like that, but 9 times out of 10 hard fails with a team of randoms, partly due to teamwork, ie people refuse to stay together, don't leave med kits & equipment boxes for the medic or fixer etc but mainly because they just get overwhelmed by the sheer number of enemies the game now sends.

Moscow 3 yesterday on the spiral staircase on the way down, as soon as Svetlana opened the door there were 2 bulls waiting the other side about a 1/4 of the way down, then a swarm, a gasbag & an infector all turned up aswell when they heard the gunfire from fighting the bulls.