Undead Sea update Patch notes

chickenbaltipie

I still don't get why they made it so much harder if they are also adding an extreme difficulty. Doesn't make any sense really. Those who wanted a harder experience could just play Extreme in a week. I went from farming hard to failing more then 50%. Having 2-3 bulls 2 gasbags and one of the new zombies is crazy, and on top of that you have a swarm aswell. Took some of the enjoyment out of the game. Playing normal awards less XP and currency while playing hard and failing awards even less but is more fun.

10 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

It's so disheartening now hearing they have increased the difficulty.  I guess i'm gonna kiss the plat goodbye then lol.

I'm probably doing the same.  It honestly feels impossible to me at this point.  playing with very experienced players we were getting wiped after putting up a good fight time and time again. 500 zombies running around a map all at once is too random for the perfection you need to complete this.  Especially so now that the amount of special zombies is so high.  they take too much time, resources, and attention that you're not left with much resources to deal with a horde of regular zombies after dealing with them.  If you make it though one wave of special and regular zombies you are so low on resources and health the next is impossible.  If they are going to increase the difficulty they need to advance progression so the player can keep up.  The difficulty was challenging before so I'm confused why it needed to be increased.  

4 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I still don't get why they made it so much harder if they are also adding an extreme difficulty. Doesn't make any sense really. Those who wanted a harder experience could just play Extreme in a week. I went from farming hard to failing more then 50%. Having 2-3 bulls 2 gasbags and one of the new zombies is crazy, and on top of that you have a swarm aswell. Took some of the enjoyment out of the game. Playing normal awards less XP and currency while playing hard and failing awards even less but is more fun.

They seem to think the difficulty spike was subtle they way they worded it.  I don't think they meant to make it this much more difficult.  probably didn't play test it enough to see that you don't have enough power or resources to deal with the special zombies on high difficulty under this update.  They even said certain missions were easier and I can guarantee that nothing is anything less than two difficulty levels above what it was before.  If they are coming out with extreme, this difficulty on insane could already be called super extreme.  so no need now.  lol

• Like 1

I’m sure they’ll get feedback on Twitter for the difficulty spike. Hopefully they respond and work on lowering it back to around where it was (or at least powering up the player more to match this new difficulty).

There’s a point where “git gud” argument turns into “this became insanely hard for no reason” and I think we’ve passed that threshold.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

I’m sure they’ll get feedback on Twitter for the difficulty spike. Hopefully they respond and work on lowering it back to around where it was (or at least powering up the player more to match this new difficulty).

There’s a point where “git gud” argument turns into “this became insanely hard for no reason” and I think we’ve passed that threshold.

Yeah it doesn't feel like get gud is enough it feels more like you're playing a looter shooter 5 difficulties below the recommended difficulty for the enemy you're encountering.  

• Like 1

Just sent them a tweet about the absurd difficulty, I hope they would address it in the next patch.  I'm starting to hate this game after the latest update, it has become more frustrating and annoying than fun.
 I like some challenge in my games but not something that is impossible to complete!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milanbarca82 said:

Just sent them a tweet about the absurd difficulty, I hope they would address it in the next patch.  I'm starting to hate this game after the latest update, it has become more frustrating and annoying than fun.
 I like some challenge in my games but not something that is impossible to complete!

Quite a few people seem upset about this all over the internet. Hopefully they adress it in the next patch, just hope next patch doesn't take months. Just tone down special zombie spawn and it is still harder. 5-6 specials each swarm wave is just insane, and that playing on hard.

Was planning on platting this but i wont subject myself to doing insane with randoms as it is right now.

I've tweeted them about it on Twitter and I've seen others who have also but they haven't replied or even acknowledged anyone. The problem is they could argue that the maps are still doable, I was 2/11 done insane before the patch, I'm now 7/11. Progress is incredibly slow as a single mistake or poor RNG can easily cause a wipe but I'm still doing them (a couple of those were with friends but mostly with competent randoms which doesn't happen very often) so if me and the randoms I played with are finishing them, other players will be too.

What I haven't seen many people talking about but I've also pointed out is that their changes to the Fixer Please Stand Up pwek completely broke it. It now seems completely random when it triggers if at all, I've had several games where I was the only Fixer on the team, I was the last one alive or last one to go down & it didn't trigger.

The general player level of randoms is getting lower in the insane lobbies aswell  before the patch the levels could be anything, now I'm seeing mainly 40-80. I know this has no implications on player skill, I'm only level 75 as I don't like the PvP and rarely switch class from Fixer but I have stupid amounts of time played & can competently carry teams of randoms to the finales on certain maps even on insane. My guess is most of the higher level players have switched to private lobbies now its an option.

On 04/06/2019 at 0:58 PM, Quink666 said:

Holy crap they have made it harder, just failed my first normal ever. With 2 other people that were level 200+. You get so swarmed with enemies. The new enemy type also is really strong. If you dont disinfect the spit you turn into a zombie. You have like 10 seconds to do so. If you are close to zombies you can't do it meaning you will turn, since you can't move for about 5 seconds while disinfecting.

Hopefully this will get balanced in the next patch whenever it might hit.

I noticed the spike too. 

Also found out that if you get infected and then downed, the infection carries on so upon rivival i died - great