Beware of platinum

23 minutes ago, DarkSilverWolfe said:

At the time of this writing you should know that you should only platinum this game if you wish to not play it anymore.  For whatever reason getting platinum corrupts the save file and you can no long continue to play.

That's good. You're done, you got the Platinum, you can play something else!

• Like 2

I still want too play because I know there are still secret I haven't seen.  Also my little guy loves to watch the game so now I have to play it on a new profile and hope they fix the problem with a patch.  I wouldn't like to get through FNAF 1 night 5 again even if its not hard anymore.

1 hour ago, bakerboy72682 said:

Mentalities like this make me wonder about hardcore trophy hunters.

"I don't need to play the game anymore since I have all of it's useless virtual achievements!"

Like yeah, trophies are cool but they shouldn't be the only reason to keep playing/stop playing games. Enjoy yourself.

Well, iirc Nier (the PS3 game) deletes your save after one of the playthroughs so there's that. 

You can just delete your save or start on an alt account and continue to play it or just backup the save just before getting the plat, getting the plat and then restoring your save and continuing with your 99% save file. There are so many workarounds, I can't really understand why is this even being seen as such a big issue. You are a PS+ member, your save files should be uploaded to the cloud daily, how much progress did you lose?

57 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

You can just delete your save or start on an alt account and continue to play it or just backup the save just before getting the plat, getting the plat and then restoring your save and continuing with your 99% save file. There are so many workarounds, I can't really understand why is this even being seen as such a big issue. You are a PS+ member, your save files should be uploaded to the cloud daily, how much progress did you lose?

Yeah, well, there are workarounds that you can use if you are aware of the problem, i guess thats why OP is telling us... If you dont knownl of the problem its very much possible that you get the platinum and then dont want to play immediately again, but only the next day or a few days later. And if you have auto upload activated and its one of those single save file games, thats it... 

And starting from the beginning because the save file is corrupted isnt much of a workaround, is it? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gernboes said:

Yeah, well, there are workarounds that you can use if you are aware of the problem, i guess thats why OP is telling us... If you dont knownl of the problem its very much possible that you get the platinum and then dont want to play immediately again, but only the next day or a few days later. And if you have auto upload activated and its one of those single save file games, thats it... 

And starting from the beginning because the save file is corrupted isnt much of a workaround, is it? 

That's not the issue I'm talking about, I'm talking about people making a fuss about not being able to play. Losing progress is always bad, but some people are just overreacting like the game got nuked and you can't even launch it anymore.

17 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I dno usually once you get a platinum you have usually done and seen everything there is to do and theres hundreds of other games out there to play,  It takes a very special game for me not to delete it after the platinum,  I think Nier and Bloodborne are the only two this gen that I would want to play after I platinum.

I understand that there isn't anything more to do (sort of), but I feel like saying "why not play another game if you've already platinumed it" is a stupid mindset to have. Games can be played for their replay value, nostalgia, multiplayer, new attempts at playthroughs, etc.

All i'm saying is that getting a platinum shouldn't make or break whether a game stays in your "worthy of playing" pile. You can still go back and visit whenever and whatever you want.

• Like 1

I guess I was unclear with my brief statement.  I wasn't meaning the game was broken and unplayable.  All I was trying to say is that if you hit continue then your game crashes.  Of course I could reset my progress and start over, or switch profiles.  I never even looked into checking my online storage because it is usually full.  I really don't want to start over because it was a snore fest to replace FNAF 1 nights 1,2 and 3 for the extra items or to attempt night 5 in is current broken state.  I have been posting this message in various sites and emailed Scott and Steel Wool in hopes they can fix it.  This was just a PSA so people could take precautions.

• 1 year later...
On 6/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, JackisJack_ said:

Mentalities like this make me wonder about hardcore trophy hunters.

"I don't need to play the game anymore since I have all of it's useless virtual achievements!"

Like yeah, trophies are cool but they shouldn't be the only reason to keep playing/stop playing games. Enjoy yourself.

Most of the time the platinum requires you to do most / all of what the game offers. It isn't unreasonable to be done with a game after. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Most of the time the platinum requires you to do most / all of what the game offers. It isn't unreasonable to be done with a game after. 

I absolutely agree--in fact I usually don't play a game too often after I have all of it's trophies which is why I love them so much. 

HOWEVER, I think that replying to this guy trying to get his game work by saying "it doesn't need to work you already got all the trophies" not only contributes nothing to the post, but is just projection for no reason. If the guy wants to play it still, what's the harm in that?

• Like 4