TIL: I suck

Mokujin

Man this game is tricky. I don’t know what it is about this game that I find tough exactly, I just find myself losing damage and eventually dying way more than I should in a game like this. I usually give up on games like this after a few tries (by games like this I mean games where you can be prone to dying over and over) but I just can’t put my controller down, which is very rare for me, i just wonder what I’m doing wrong, anyone got any tips?

• Like 1

Always keep buying new weapons,armour and potions, try taking an area slow it that helps, explore everywhere for extra books and such for xp, with enough patience and practice you can do it :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Buy potions first, since their bonuses are *way* better than the bonuses afforded by weapons or armor for the same price.

I also recommend playing as rogue -- I can't imagine any of the other classes being easier. The rogue's double jump ability alone makes it worth it, but when you add in the fact that you can attack enemies from a distance and poison them so that they kill themselves... well, what else do the other classes have that even compares?

• Like 2

On 26/08/2019 at 11:07 PM, NathanielJohn said:

Buy potions first, since their bonuses are *way* better than the bonuses afforded by weapons or armor for the same price.

I also recommend playing as rogue -- I can't imagine any of the other classes being easier. The rogue's double jump ability alone makes it worth it, but when you add in the fact that you can attack enemies from a distance and poison them so that they kill themselves... well, what else do the other classes have that even compares?

Thanks for the advice. I platinumed this a couple months ago but for new players this advice will definitely come in handy. 

• 8 months later...
On 26/08/2019 at 11:07 PM, NathanielJohn said:

This absolutely came in handy when I was playing through this game. I made it through the game up until the Crypt section without any potion upgrades and it was kicking my ass. Literally the moment I purchased them I blazed through the game like it was nothing, thank you so much for this advice.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/6/2019 at 3:49 AM, Keidah said:

Man this game is tricky. I don’t know what it is about this game that I find tough exactly, I just find myself losing damage and eventually dying way more than I should in a game like this. I usually give up on games like this after a few tries (by games like this I mean games where you can be prone to dying over and over) but I just can’t put my controller down, which is very rare for me, i just wonder what I’m doing wrong, anyone got any tips?

I suck too, but it is funny anyway.

I played the first game and got the platinum, so I was kinda happy to know there was this new one.

When I play through the levels, sometimes I get lucky and most of the times I die as an idiot.