DLCs you enjoyed the most?

A-Rebirth

42 minutes ago, Thrintus said:

Some of the trophies were frustrating (those who have them know what I speak of... urgh), but I don't judge a DLC based solely on that. However, there's some aspects that are inexcusable, such as the purely RNG-based mission where you had gather clues to kill the guilty culprit. A complete chore to gather 3 stars on that, especially on Hard. There's also very little replayability imo, aside from improving your score. And to be frank, almost all of the missions are just slightly altered campaign missions.

That being said, it's one of my proudest 100% games and I really enjoyed it. But I'd rather have had another story expansion, and maybe the Trials as a free DLC.

Lol, it’s been a while aince I got those trophies, I guess the passage of time may have smoothed off my memories of them. I remember a particularly tricky jumping through random appearing rings part, for sure - but my abiding memory was really positive on that whole dlc.

i have the remaster for PS4 sitting yet to be begun, so maybe when I do that the frustration will all come flooding back ?

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Why ‘even’ the Trials?

the trials were awesome, man! So much good stuff in such a small package!

were they not well received? Did people not like them? I’m genuinely curious, cause I’ve never really heard anyone talk either way about them, but assumed they would be well loved, given how much I enjoyed them 1f914.png1f914.png1f914.png

I did the trials twice. Once on steam and just recently on PS4. Main problem is if you want to 100% them. I still hate the trial Bonfires (and Daredevil achievment for that matter). That is completely random and just goes to show how clunky the controls of the game are and the hard one is complete RNG bullshit with all those assassins who sometimes can hit you or pull you from anywhere you are and sometimes miss you when you are basically in their faces. It is infuriating because of the inconsitency. Then there is the headshot trophy. The hitboxes of the heads are completely screwed and specifically on those weepers who have heads only from eyes up (or that is at least how it feels) and don't even let me start on that walking assassin on the stairs. The other complete shit is By my hand alone where you have to kill everyone personally. This would be alright with fixed spawn points but they aren't. I give you an example i got to 12 wave killing everyone personally but then the game said Fuck you i am spawning a guard, assassin, a dog and thug next to each other and as soon as thug spawns he throws the bottle and one hit kills the dog. Oh, and did i mention there is a bug when you kill weeper (or anything else) to fast with a finisher it won't count as your kill. The main problem with it is that it just underlines everything bad with the game and makes DLC out of it (like the stealth on higher difficulties is stupid because you can get spotted through walls and so on).

Star Wars: Battlefront (Outer Rim, Bespin, Death Star, Rogue One) had extra maps and modes that were better than anything in the main game, wish they’d made it free so it could’ve been more active.

Alien: Isolation: Crew Expendable- had no trophies but you can play some missions as the Nostromo crew which was pretty cool, and was harder/scarier than the main game.

Watch Dogs: Bad Blood has you playing as T-Bone who’s an interesting character. Aidan from the main game grew on me after a couple more playthroughs but I liked T-Bone more.

The OGs for me are probably the Saints Row games, I love ridiculous DLCs like that.

• Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadowbroker
  • Mass Effect 3: Citadel
  • Dark Souls: Artorius of the Abyss
  • Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragonkeep
  • Muramasa Rebirth: A Spirited Seven Night's Haunting and Hell's Where the Heart Is
  • Demon Gaze II: Call of the Grimodar (it adds a campaign that takes around the same amount of time to complete as the main game and it's free :dance:)
  • Dragon Age Origins: Return to Ostagar, Warden's Keep, Awakening, and Witch Hunt
  • Dragon Age II: Mark of the Assassin
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: The Legend of Dead Kel and The Teeth of Naros 

Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina (the best in the entire franchise)

TLOU Left Behind (the story is perfect)

Bioshiock Infinite Burial at Sea 1 & 2 (way better cuz of Rapture :P)

Assassin's Creed Revelations The Lost Archive (i was highly impressed with the first person platformer)

Assassin's Creed III Tyranny of King George (much better than the original game)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

The first three that immediately come to my mind are Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim, and Borderlands 2.

I really enjoyed and getting myself lost in the new environments, story, and battling my way with new waves of enemies while wearing some new loot!

I love DLC like this and I'm happy to experience these all in one go due to GOTYs.

Definitely The Witcher III DLCs, they were on another level compared to other DLC, each one alone being better than most full games this generation even by themselves.

Hearts of Stone introduced one of the best characters in gaming history, with an amazing story and interesting new fights to boot, Blood and Wine delivered a big new map so amazing looking and interesting that I sunk in more hours exploring it than I'd like to admit (even found the hidden dev photo) and gave one of my most liked fictional creatures the first worthy presentation in a long time.

• Like 1

L.A. Noire - A Slip of the Tongue, The Naked City. Nicholson Electroplating,  Reefer Madness, The Consul's Car & The Badge Pursuit Challenge.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Jack The Ripper DLC

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round - Costumes!

Tekken 7 - Eliza. ?

Watch Dogs 2 - Human Conditions, No Compromise & Showd0wn.

Watch Dogs - Bad Blood & DedSec Shadow Pack.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - Nightmare in North Point, Year of the Snake, Zodiac Tournament & Wheels of Fury

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - All Tombs DLC

Hitman 2 - Singapore & Hitman 1

Saints Row: The Third - Genki Bowl VII, Gangstas in Space & Unlockable Pack

Saints Row IV: Re-elected - Enter the Dominatrix & How the Saints Save Christmas

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Baba Yaga, Cold Darkness & Croft Manor

LEGO Dimensions - All Level Packs.

NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds

Assassin's Creed Origins - Discovery Tour: Ancient Egypt & The Curse of the Pharaohs

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Additional Feats, Legacy of the First Blade, The Fate of Atlantis plus Assassin's Creed III Remastered & Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered ?

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Say what you want about the remake, but I really liked it. Actually, this game is what got me into the Castlevania franchise, so it's no surprise I loved the additional chapters.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - One of the best DLCs I played. I wish it had been longer though, I had more fun playing as Alucard than playing as Gabriel ?

The Evil Within - Kidman's chapters were quite interesting because you learned more about STEM and Ruvik's background story. Also, playing the Keeper DLC after finishing the game on Akumu was satisfying as hell...