More stacks

ScottishNub

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

PSN trophy list stacks are reaching comical levels of disorganization - Sony are you there? Can someone there at headquarters start to enforce trophy lists to be organized properly like they used to be? Why does one game have 800 identical lists? Does Sony think I enjoy repetitively applying data for what is essentially the same exact list over and over and over again? Hello?

maxresdefault.jpg

I know exactly how you feel :(. All these stacks are really getting up my nose now and I'm sick of it! I just wish Sony would stop approving all these redundant stacks and just have 1 list per-game like it used to be.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BlindMango said:

PSN trophy list stacks are reaching comical levels of disorganization - Sony are you there? Can someone there at headquarters start to enforce trophy lists to be organized properly like they used to be? Why does one game have 800 identical lists? Does Sony think I enjoy repetitively applying data for what is essentially the same exact list over and over and over again? Hello?

We've actually had lots of requests for an Asia release, purely to add the extra stacks, and also seen much excitement in response to this.

I don't know why these all came through at once though. I don't even know release dates for most of them - but I know the publisher is going to stagger them! Sorry it created a ton of tedious work for you all at once. I think someone at Sony must have pressed the wrong button.

• Like 1

I’ll admit, I’m not safe fro the occasional easy platinum from time to time, but these extra stacks prove to be problematic. What are these surplus trophy lists even for anyway? The POWGI Collection? All 6 current Powgi titles in one package for 47.99 USD?

At this stage there might aswell be German/Austrian/Swiss, Spanish/Portuguese, Australian/NZ & South American stacks for these games. More stacks = more $$$, right?

I’m genuinely suprised none of the AAA publishers never thought about doing this as a means of selling more copies. How many people have bought Burnout Paradise Remastered twice because of it’s NA/EU stacks? Think about it...

9 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

Spot on.

This has gotten flat out ridiculous.

I guess every short easy platinum needs 6 stacks now.

When I were a wee lad, we all used to complain about gamers playing Terminator Salvation or Hanna Montana for easy trophies.

Over 10 years later, now look where we are at...

Trophies are just becoming a saturated market now. Stupidly easy games are one thing, but having about 10 stacks for one game, why is this even a thing? As a side example, why does Final Fantasy 15 need to have 5 stacks?

Unless a game has slightly different trophies or excluded/included dlc trophies inside the platinum (some do, ie Borderlands Japanese version) it should be one list per world wide released game.

• Like 3

Seriously this is getting ridiculous. What next VITA all 200 countries of the world.  It should be one list per game.

I like trophy hunting and I also like a lot of different types/genres of games and so i'm planning at some point to playing all the different POWGI games. But it's stupid just thinking of the idea of playing the same game twice because of trophies. Why waste my time playing the same game over and over, when I can use that time to play and enjoy other games.

I really liked Uncharted so when it came out again as a collection on PS4, I decided to play it again in a row when the 4th one came out, so that means I have 3 duplicate Platinums and I don't really like it, although some trophies on the list were different to those on the PS3. 

Then there's those who play the same game 3, 4 and even 5 times for trophies and even worst in a row. For me those people no longer remember that gaming is about having fun, not supposed to be a chore, even worst I call it an obsession. And the worst thing is that people are feeding that obsession by having so many stacks for one game. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, luckydonut said:

We've actually had lots of requests for an Asia release, purely to add the extra stacks, and also seen much excitement in response to this.

I don't know why these all came through at once though. I don't even know release dates for most of them - but I know the publisher is going to stagger them! Sorry it created a ton of tedious work for you all at once. I think someone at Sony must have pressed the wrong button.

Do you know if there will be PS4 stacks coming as well?

11 minutes ago, ScottishNub said:
35 minutes ago, xLilSheWolfx said:

Do you know if there will be PS4 stacks coming as well?

Yes they are coming to the ps4

Awesome these games are a stress reliever for me as I often do word puzzle books when I have stays in hospitals.

• Like 1

On 4.6.2019 at 5:42 AM, BlindMango said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I hope that effort ranking you mentioned in a ratalaika thread is still a thing. This is just ridiculous

3 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I hope that effort ranking you mentioned in a ratalaika thread is still a thing. This is just ridiculous

I actually posted a proposal to Sly today regarding that, we'll see what he thinks of it :P  

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2019 at 9:39 PM, AvengedEvil said:

Just take a look at Final Fantasy XV...

Since then only Borderlands 2 VR (along with a handful of other AAA releases from this generation) have forced region stacks. I do wonder what Square Enix was thinking when the trophy lists went live, because not a single game they’ve published post Final Fantasy XV (with the exception of the standalone Comrades release) have only 1 stack… Yet (???).

I don’t imagine many users on this site buying THIS game five times all for those regional stacks. I’ve always believed this was a mistake by the developers that was left unnoticed during the submission processed.

Edited by Skeptical69

1 hour ago, RigbySanchez439 said:

Since then only Borderlands 2 VR and a handful of other AAA releases have region stacks.

Let's be happy about that... 

I guess since trophy hunters are only a very small percentage of all gamers, big publishers wouldn't notice any real difference in revenue if they offered their games in multiple regions. Most players would simply purchase the game once for their region, that's it. 

The games we're talking about here (POWGI, Ratalaika, etc..) have trophy hunters as their primary target, and I guess if that's your target audience then doing stacks probably makes a huge difference.

On 7/6/2019 at 4:09 PM, Arcesus7 said:

Let's be happy about that... 

I guess since trophy hunters are only a very small percentage of all gamers, big publishers wouldn't notice any real difference in revenue if they offered their games in multiple regions. Most players would simply purchase the game once for their region, that's it. 

The games we're talking about here (POWGI, Ratalaika, etc..) have trophy hunters as their primary target, and I guess if that's your target audience then doing stacks probably makes a huge difference.

I had this well in mind despite whatever I said. If the AAA really took notice, then EA will have an excuse to repeat what Viseral did with Battlefield Hardline. Release an FPS with trophies that ask for 10,000 kills with each class, 350+ hours for 4 bronze trophies.

Then EA will release a “trophy pass” for 45 USD to unlock all remaining trophies at once. So you could play their game or give them more money just to unlock every trophy upon starting the game. Congratulations! You spent $59.99 + $44.95 on an EA game not to play it but all for 1140-1230 trophy points and to be umong the fastest platinum achievers...

...Or they could just give Battlefield 6 a five hour platinum trophy, ha!

Edited by Skeptical69