Kiryu skin not unlocking

Hi guys

I recently bought this game and after my first session I decided to buy the kiryu skin because I love me some Yakuza however no matter where I look (I've tried looking in the settings and in the hideout) I cant find the skin to put on. I even tried deleting and reinstalling the game but still nothing. The only options I get is wasteland and manager style.

Is it because I am too early into the game (Just got back to Eden from my first fight with Toki)?

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks

12 hours ago, APaulingGameplay said:

Hi guys

I recently bought this game and after my first session I decided to buy the kiryu skin because I love me some Yakuza however no matter where I look (I've tried looking in the settings and in the hideout) I cant find the skin to put on. I even tried deleting and reinstalling the game but still nothing. The only options I get is wasteland and manager style.

Is it because I am too early into the game (Just got back to Eden from my first fight with Toki)?

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks

You should gain access to the DLC once you unlock the hideout in Chapter 4. If you're sure the DLC is installed, maybe try talking to Chogre (a kid with a mohawk) standing outside the hideout? That's how you redeem the free Talisman DLC but I don't remember if the Kiryu skin works in the same way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

You should gain access to the DLC once you unlock the hideout in Chapter 4. If you're sure the DLC is installed, maybe try talking to Chogre (a kid with a mohawk) standing outside the hideout? That's how you redeem the free Talisman DLC but I don't remember if the Kiryu skin works in the same way.

I have redeemed all the talisman DLC but he doesn't have anything else for me and its not in my hideout so i'm beginning to worry that my save file is messed up. I definitely bought the skin and it says installed on my PS4 however it isn't mentioned anywhere in the download history on the main menu 

Finally found out the problem.

Apparently my PSN account ran into a bug where because it was activated as my primary console account, none of my downloaded content I had bought recently was registering as owned by me (thanks free PS plus Judgement theme for bringing this to my attention).

After deactivating and reactivating my account as the primary PS4 account, it seems to have sorted all my issues and I can now play as Kiryu. 

Thank god because I was afraid that my game file was messed up

Edited by APaulingGameplay
  • Like 1