Cross-platform works towards trophies

imjustablur

The cross-platform and cross-progress system in Dauntless is really good. I personally couldn't stand the poor fps on ps4 and started playing the game on PC instead. I've played for a few days now and I can confirm that logging in on PS4, as long as your Epic-account is connected to your PSN-account, will automaticly pop any trophies that you progressed towards while playing on PC! 

Good luck in hunting monsters and popping them trophies!

3 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Yes, that's how we have stupid fast achievers for this game. I kinda like being able to play somewhere else and then popping the trophies at once, as long as it's not exploitable.

Exactly! For me it's great since the performance is so bad on ps4. Maybe it's more doable on the ps4 pro

28 minutes ago, imjustablur said:

Exactly! For me it's great since the performance is so bad on ps4. Maybe it's more doable on the ps4 pro

What? The performance isn't bad at all. It gets a little laggy in the city when there's a lot of people around, and that one behemoth drops fps like crazy, but outside of that it runs great.

I'm absolutely loving cross play though. There's something super satisfying about dropping Shroud with 2 PS4 players and 2 XBOX players lol.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

What? The performance isn't bad at all. It gets a little laggy in the city when there's a lot of people around, and that one behemoth drops fps like crazy, but outside of that it runs great.

I'm absolutely loving cross play though. There's something super satisfying about dropping Shroud with 2 PS4 players and 2 XBOX players lol.

Maybe you are right. I moved to pc pretty quickly so I guess I'm a little quick to judge. I'm really happy about the cross-platform thing though!

2 hours ago, ScooloV said:

Yeah, crossplay with PC improves your experience, especially with a lot of people playing with this:

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/other-mmorpg-and-strategy/308337-dauntless-destroyer.html

https://www.systemcheats.net/cheats-hacks-aimbots/dauntless-cheat-hack-aimbot/

Pure pleasure.

You can opt out of cross play. That option exists.

Besides, who cares? It's not a PvP game, if someone's cheating it's not going to effect me outside of farming parts faster lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

So, wouldn't you consider that bad? It's definitely not the worst example...but honestly it wasn't a great experience either ?

TBH I prefer FFXIV's way of handling cross-platform trophy progression - even if you met requirements on PC, for example finishing 1,000 quests, you need to complete 1 more quest on PS4 to get the trophy. Not a big fan of launching a game and being bombarded by auto-pop trophies.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

So, wouldn't you consider that bad? It's definitely not the worst example...but honestly it wasn't a great experience either

Pretty much all big games get laggy when there's a bunch of people in communal spaces. That's nothing new. It's not like it's gamebreakingly bad. All you do in town any ways is go through menus, which the lag doesn't affect. It's actually been getting better every day as they iron out the server issues,

As for the one enemy that causes frame drops, they've said themselves that it's a problem with that behemoth on consoles in general and not because of the hardware. They're fixing it in the next patch. It's an early access game, I expect issues like that.

So no, I wouldn't consider that bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/06/2019 at 5:57 PM, Las_Plagas1 said:

Yeah I was wondering if I just randomly downloaded this game on ps4 with the cross platform and get 100% of the trophies instantly because I'm very late game would I be like banned or something lol.

Bit late replying, but no - you wouldn’t get banned as it’s a feature within the game that anyone has access to.

Some other games have this feature (FFXIV and Fortnite come to mind, but there’s probably more) from PC to PS4, and yet more games have this feature between PS3/4/Vita. Or from different regions. So it’s definitely not a bannable offence.

If you were ever reported (which you shouldn’t be, but false reports slip through from time to time), you could simply explain that this game is cross-platform progress and the flag would be lifted, as many of us here could confirm this is the case.

I’m personally finishing the list on PC too as I much prefer how it plays there (tighter controls, better map views, less lag, etc). So a bunch of my trophies will autopop once I log back in on PS4.