Hacking trophies for games with servers that no longer work - will I get banned?

Yoshihir00--

Hi guys!

Just a quick question, as there is something I want to do for my own enjoyment but I don't want to be banned from here for doing it.

I have a few games on PS3 and Vita that have online trophies, but the servers have been killed off a long time ago. Games like Modnation Racers and Resistance 2, for example. Now, for my question. I'm thinking of using a trophy hack to unlock the online trophies, and ONLY those, so that I have a chance at getting the platinum trophy regardless of the servers. Will I be banned from PSNP for doing this though?

I really like this site and the last thing I want is to be banned from here for doing this. I know it's unethical, but rather than buying loads of new games I thought I would finish my backlog but the online trophies will stand between me and my goal.

You're certainly gonna get flagged from the leaderboards if you do it, but people these days misinterpret the meaning of "banned" from PSNP. Regardless of how many games you hack the trophies for, you won't be banned from signing into the website with your forum account, but you could technically say that too many hacks of trophies may result in your profile no-longer being visible on the website. In these cases, since you didn't earn the trophies yourself why would you want your profile to reflect that?

• Like 4

Yes, it will get you banned from the leaderboards. You will have illegitimately earned trophies and those are not to share the leaderboards with people who earned them legitimately.

7 minutes ago, paul-p1988 said:

Hi guys!

Just a quick question, as there is something I want to do for my own enjoyment but I don't want to be banned from here for doing it.

I have a few games on PS3 and Vita that have online trophies, but the servers have been killed off a long time ago. Games like Modnation Racers and Resistance 2, for example. Now, for my question. I'm thinking of using a trophy hack to unlock the online trophies, and ONLY those, so that I have a chance at getting the platinum trophy regardless of the servers. Will I be banned from PSNP for doing this though?

I really like this site and the last thing I want is to be banned from here for doing this. I know it's unethical, but rather than buying loads of new games I thought I would finish my backlog but the online trophies will stand between me and my goal.

See here for what will get you banned from the leaderboards:

As painful as it may be to have impossible games on your profile, it's something that the majority of us need to put up with. The only 2 viable solutions are either hiding the impossible games so you can no longer see them or starting a new account so you don't actually have them with you anymore.

EDIT: Actually just remembered that you can actually hack those trophies if you hide the list. The site cannot and will not flag you based on trophies that were never uploaded to its database. Just beware that whenever you do unhide those illegitimate trophies, you will be flagged and removed from the leaderboards.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

Well you either leave them like that unobtainable like the rest of us, or just hide them from your profile. It I'd not worth it to lose your ranks or get flagged only to hide them after. 3 flags and you are permanently off the leaderboards. 

I have Resistance 2 incomplete on my profile because of the servers and It never has even crossed my mind to hack the trophies. I will just finish up what games I can and deal with having some unfinshed games because of servers.

So my advice is eaither start a new account or just deal with having incomplete games.

Thanks for all of the replies!

Tbh, your responses were what I was expecting. I am currently weighing up whether I want to hack the trophies so that I can complete my backlog (I'm a little OCD when it comes to games that I have completed 90% but the online trophies are the only ones holding me back lol) and just leaving it.

I may even hide those specific games, as suggested TheYuriG and just be happy with not being on the leaderboards for those games, but avoiding a ban from this site

8 hours ago, paul-p1988 said:

Thanks for all of the replies!

Tbh, your responses were what I was expecting. I am currently weighing up whether I want to hack the trophies so that I can complete my backlog (I'm a little OCD when it comes to games that I have completed 90% but the online trophies are the only ones holding me back lol) and just leaving it.

I may even hide those specific games, as suggested TheYuriG and just be happy with not being on the leaderboards for those games, but avoiding a ban from this site

I wouldn't mess around too much with hacking trophies, anyway. There's a chance Sony eventually starts seeing a pattern in you getting unobtainable trophies well beyond the possible date. I once complained to Sony about someone auto-popping MW2 trophies for everyone in our lobby, and they did a complete check on my profile to see if I had other suspicious trophies. 

2 hours ago, Thrintus said:

I wouldn't mess around too much with hacking trophies, anyway. There's a chance Sony eventually starts seeing a pattern in you getting unobtainable trophies well beyond the possible date. I once complained to Sony about someone auto-popping MW2 trophies for everyone in our lobby, and they did a complete check on my profile to see if I had other suspicious trophies. 

Sony absolutely does not care about trophies and the reason he'd be banned is because unobtainable trophies get hacked by people who use CFW on their console. If the CFW is detected on his account then that would be the reason he is banned. Thousands of people cheated on SOCOM Confrontation and FUEL and there have been no reported cases of people being banned on PSN for that.

24 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Sony absolutely does not care about trophies and the reason he'd be banned is because unobtainable trophies get hacked by people who use CFW on their console. If the CFW is detected on his account then that would be the reason he is banned. Thousands of people cheated on SOCOM Confrontation and FUEL and there have been no reported cases of people being banned on PSN for that.

Yeah, I'm not saying he's going to get banned any time soon for hacking trophies. There's people who have been doing it for ages (try making it out of any PS3 Call of Duty multiplayer lobby unscathed... lol) and got away unpunished. However, it does leave a mark on your profile and if you ever contact Sony for support and they notice you've been hacking trophies, chances are you've voided any future assistance. Either way, you lose credibility for your legitimate trophies as well by going the cheating way.

I would strongly advise against it, personally, but it's OP's call.

Edited by Thrintus
  • Like 2

I'll be honest, being banned by Sony didn't even cross my mind lol. I always hear of people hacking trophies but not being banned by them, so I didn't think I would have any issues in that respect. My only worry was that I would lose access to this site, as it has an infinitely better way of tracking trophies than Sony have implemented themselves, plus the boosting sessions are a big part of why I'm here (the way I normally get my online trophies is by these groups)

I'm leaning towards not hacking them, but the replies have definitely helped me out here, so I'm glad I asked the question before I did anything ?