How Many Games Do You Play At The One Time

CapitanoEstebano

Curious as to how many games some of you guys play at the same time? I used to play 2/3 games at the same time but would find myself losing out on the story of some games as I wasn’t immersing myself in that world fully. I’ve now only started playing 1 game at a time and found I’ve been enjoying the game a lot more as I feel more immersed with the story. 

Whats your views on it? Can you multitask and have multiple games on the go at the one time or is it strictly one game at a time?

Same here. But for a different reason: in my case it is not so much the story I can’t keep straight but the controls. Especially when switching between for example first-person shooters and RPGs. Similar but different. If I keep switching I’ll lose out in muscle memory right when the higher difficulty of later levels demands that I have that covered.

Perhaps it is an age thing (I’m 38) but I think this has always been the case for me. So yeah, I mostly play one game at a time. Terrible multitasker in general. Convinced actually that this goes for everyone, whether they see/admit it or not. 

• Like 1

If it's a massive game with a story , I play that game on the most part and something on the side just for variety ( For example any assassin's creed followed by some For Honor matches)

One exception is when I play fighting games . At the moment I go in parallel with : Injustice 1, Injustice 2 , MK XL , MK 11, Samurai Shodown 6 and some DMC5 just to clean up the button mashing. Whatever keeps me interested works  

I admire people with (close to) 100% completion rates on their profile, but I could never strive for that. I'm easily bored with triple A titles, so I usually start a fresh indie or another triple A game that I'll eventually get bored of. Endless circle! It's gotten better, though. I check beforehand whether a game has doable trophies or, if they're hard, if the game is worth investing time and energy in to get said trophies nonetheless. I hope to get 80% completion at one point, that'll do for me.

• Like 1

Only one since my PS4 wants to close the game if I start a second game... :awesome:

Jokes aside, I play 2-4 Games at the same time. Most of the time 2 singleplayer games & 2 Coop- / Multiplayergames with my buddy.

I like having one "main" game at a time, but I'll try to work in some smaller games if I'm tackling something particularly long. For example, this year, I've tried to focus on one major game each month (Resident Evil 4 in January, XCOM:EU in February, Nioh in March, Sekiro in April, The Long Dark in May, and Dragon Quest XI this month), with a couple shorter games each month to break things up. It doesn't always work out perfectly -- it's not like I begin each game on the first of the month and get the platinum on the 31st -- but it's a low stress way of working through my backlog.

I can't imagine juggling more than five games at a time.

At the moment it's just 1 because rank 50 in Red Dead Online took a lot of time. But usually it's 2 or 3, one is being played through for the first time, one is being cleaned up and one is on the Xbox just to give it some attention. Although if a game gets me in then I drop the others and just focus on it.

• Like 1

Good question.  I try and do about 2, one disc and one digital game at a time.  Now if the game is like a rpg that involves story or missions you need to be up on, then it would just be one.  Also, that is usually for each console, so I would say overall be about 5 or 6 at the moment lol.

3 hours ago, Thrintus said:

I admire people with (close to) 100% completion rates on their profile, but I could never strive for that. I'm easily bored with triple A titles, so I usually start a fresh indie or another triple A game that I'll eventually get bored of. Endless circle! It's gotten better, though. I check beforehand whether a game has doable trophies or, if they're hard, if the game is worth investing time and energy in to get said trophies nonetheless. I hope to get 80% completion at one point, that'll do for me.

Agree with that.  If the trophies look too hard and I am not really wanting to play that game right now then i put it in the backlog.

I'm too easily distracted.  I'm always playing FFXIV.  I try to keep to one other game.  I pick up and drop games at the drop of a hat.  Like right now, I'm playing Borderlands, Devil May Cry, and Ys.  And I've been doing some Phoenix Wright.

I play usually no more than two at a time; one on my PS vita which I play when I commute, go on holidays, public transport and sometimes when Im bored during lunch break. Then another game on my PS4 for when I'm at home, mostly just weekends or when I finish work early. I play until the Platinum before starting another game, so my backlog is big

A maximum of two: one on Vita and one on PS3/4. Any more than that leads to unfinished games.  In practice it's usually one one meaty game (but which I mean 60+ hour RPG) at a time with some light (by which I mean short, easy) games sprinkled in for variety.  

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on the kind of game honestly. If it's like a competitive game like Super Smash Bros., Splatoon, or Mario Kart then it's easier to juggle with a story driven game like Heavy Rain for example. I like to play 2 or 3 games at a time, that's what works for me.^^

Edited by gay__god

One game at a time until I reach 100% including DLC...and I try to switch in between different consoles as I am the proud owner of a giant backlog on PS4, XB1 and PC ?

Sometimes I'll play games in between if trophies have updated for another title, or if I just need a break.

For me the best approach is the 3-at-a-time strat:

-Having one as the main one you're doing and being invested in.

-A second one to switch to if number one is getting stale or maybe even do alongside number one.

-And a third one in the background if you ever need to chill from two and three.