The Day We Feared Is Coming: September 3, 2019

10 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

All of this. Having gotten the 100% I haven't jumped back in; I'm not imaging too many people are as well that got it.

im just saying my piece cause ive been seeing alot of people asking if its possible to start at august from scratch or just started and been pestering people around about it. unless theres at least a small group and is also gonna give up there social life (work included) to the max then trying this now would be pointless.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:58 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

Me and my girlfriend have 49/52 online trophies and it's been 25 days since our first trophy.

Our remaining trophies are Hoarder, Collector and Key Master (100 Gate Keeper Medals - Boss Kills)

I have 88/99 treasures, she has 87/99 (I need 7 from Adventure, 4 from Arena/Hunter. She needs 6 from Adventure, 6 from Arena/Hunter).

The 100% is very much doable in the time remaining. A word of suggestion though in terms of treasures, ignore all the random theories about the fastest way to get treasures. Hunter Arena method is the way to go.

We've used the discord server: https://discord.gg/UaxeJdT

By the way, me and my girlfriend got all the treasures and trophies just over 2 weeks ago. According to PSNProfiles, we got all online trophies in exactly one month. It's still very do-able. We spent maybe 4-6 hours per day on average (hard to say). It took around 6-8hours for my last treasure (farming only HA) which was rare according to the trophy guide here (Official Seal). Good luck to everyone who is starting from today onward. And again, we used the discord server stated in the previous post for all trophies and other ND games. I highly advise it.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2019 at 2:52 AM, maurjen said:

I finished uncharted 3 as of yesterday and now from having to endure this was really exhausting and tiring (cant get the yellow chest image in my sleep). For those who are even thinking of starting this now from scratch dont bother reasons why

1. the active people since june has been slowly declining over time making competitive mode difficult to find players

2. Triumvirate and Overseers would require good skills communication and pro players to help out otherwise your gonna be wasting time especially at this moment its gone critical

3.Treasure is luck based and unless  your have done  both competitive and coop and happen to be extremely lucky its gonna take a toll on you especially since there random and may keep getting the same treasure everyday.

all those explain and now should you expect to still attempt this dont expect that many people to help now

people can try from scratch in a month but in the end it will be a pain as it gets tight let alone the people needing help is decreasing over time if you choose to do so go ahead but you been warned esp attempting the luck base treasure as you can either be lucky from just a week to months.

Note: Those who encourage and says its doable from scratch at this rate have done it during the early times when many players are active and have time difference almost similar

Edited by maurjen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the last month before the shutdown. It doesn't bare repeating but if you start now and expect to get the 100% before September 3, it will not be possible. The treasure grind will prevent it due to the RNGness of the treasures. You could very easily get the modes done and the co op done in the time frame but the treasures will stop you. Not to mention if you are trying to 100% Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us at the same time (save for Grounded Mode on TLOU).

I could be wrong about Uncharted 3, maybe someone can do it in a month, that person would be a zombie or not sleep for weeks on end, who knows.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 1:18 PM, POEman553 said:

This is the last month before the shutdown. It doesn't bare repeating but if you start now and expect to get the 100% before September 3, it will not be possible. The treasure grind will prevent it due to the RNGness of the treasures. You could very easily get the modes done and the co op done in the time frame but the treasures will stop you. Not to mention if you are trying to 100% Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us at the same time (save for Grounded Mode on TLOU).

I could be wrong about Uncharted 3, maybe someone can do it in a month, that person would be a zombie or not sleep for weeks on end, who knows.

Well, you were wrong. I've started U3 DLCs on 31st of July and only need 25 3TDM wins to 100% now. And I had a week long break.

So it was very much doable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Darayavahus said:

Well, you were wrong. I've started U3 DLCs on 31st of July and only need 25 3TDM wins to 100% now. And I had a week long break.

So it was very much doable.

That is if you got a dedicated boosting group with :

1- Two consoles each players

2- A lot of time

3- Organisation is key! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveCheraLouis said:

That is if you got a dedicated boosting group with :

1- Two consoles each players

2- A lot of time

3- Organisation is key! 

your def right there esp with peoples time difference and work unless your unemployed. I had to be in different groups several times just for certain modes (Objective and 3tdm took ages) all cause of people in different times leading to other people taking your spot. (most sessions end up at 12am to 4am my time) if i did start near where the closure shuts down then id be in trouble attempting it as finding people gets tougher each time let alone almost finish or are finish

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 2:47 AM, Fragtaster said:

All things must come to a end eventually. Uncharted 2 released a decade ago in 2009, and U3 and LoU are older games in there own right too. All three titles are very soon to be on a console that will be TWO generations old (older than some High School students)!

This is exactly why I don't bother with Online Mode focused Trophies. And if you guys are worried about this, then I hate to break this to you: but Sony WILL eventually discontinue server services to PlayStation 3 after PS5 comes out. I can't imagine we have more than 2 years (possibly 3) left to earn those digital stickers on our now ancient hardware (by market and technology standards) .

I still have my PS3 hooked up, and plan on finally beating my backlog and getting whatever trophies I'm going to earn before then. I figure I have enough time between now and that time. Ofcourse I'll never fully retire my PS3 completely, as even without trophy or online support there are just too many great games on it. 

While part of me agrees with this, it would be one thing if Sony pulled a Nintendo had their online infrastructure change from one system to another (Wii and Wii Shop Channel to Wii U and eShop / Miiverse to Switch and a different version of eShop), but they seem to keep it the same. 

I think we'll be fine with the trophy system on PS3 even after PS5 is out. We may even be okay with the overall server services (gotta remember that SOCOM 2 had its plug pulled during the early PS4 days). 

It's not as bad as it seems; just don't expect Sony's online multiplayer to work or even anything to be on sale for PS3 in the PlayStation Store. 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2019 at 2:47 AM, Fragtaster said:

All things must come to a end eventually. Uncharted 2 released a decade ago in 2009, and U3 and LoU are older games in there own right too. All three titles are very soon to be on a console that will be TWO generations old (older than some High School students)!

This is exactly why I don't bother with Online Mode focused Trophies. And if you guys are worried about this, then I hate to break this to you: but Sony WILL eventually discontinue server services to PlayStation 3 after PS5 comes out. I can't imagine we have more than 2 years (possibly 3) left to earn those digital stickers on our now ancient hardware (by market and technology standards) .

I still have my PS3 hooked up, and plan on finally beating my backlog and getting whatever trophies I'm going to earn before then. I figure I have enough time between now and that time. Ofcourse I'll never fully retire my PS3 completely, as even without trophy or online support there are just too many great games on it. 

Still plenty of people using their PS3 for the streaming services which I assume Sony gets a cut of.

Then third world countries are always gens behind. PS2 officially launched in Brazil in 2009. Years after PS3 in US/Europe/Japan.

• Like 1

Last night I got to play a few co-op arena games and won all of them. It's hard to these days since it's dead or new players want to pick crushing despite having no experience. 

Now that it's gone I might reinstall Uncharted 4 to start multiplayer there. Never got around to doing it the first time since I was mainly focused on the story and it was terrible so I didn't bother with the game afterwards. 

8 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Still plenty of people using their PS3 for the streaming services which I assume Sony gets a cut of.

Then third world countries are always gens behind. PS2 officially launched in Brazil in 2009. Years after PS3 in US/Europe/Japan.

Official videogames releases are useless here in Brazil (either late as f* or overpriced as hell due to absurd taxes over taxes). In 2009 most of the gamers here already had a 360 (most popular due to piracy) or a PS3, thus the figures for official PS2 sales should be negligible, so older consoles market shares in 3rd world countries will definitely NOT hold a platform like the PS3 as profitable. (Basically PS3 players nowadays are either trophy hunters or casual gamers who simply do not care to swap their platform and their 2012 soccer game for a new console)

[I love how most of my consoles and electronics came in trash bags from fiscally liberal countries such as Paraguay. Avoiding giving money to your greedy and unrelentless government is always a good idea when it's safe to do so]

Edited by EdinhoN
  • Like 1

Shame since Uncharted 3 MP was literally the first modern MP player game I ever played and binged on. Never owned a console with online MP abilities until I bought a PS3 in 2015. Originally bought PS3 for my kid then just Youtubed best PS3 games for kids. After seeing how cheap they were selling for on eBay I decided to buy a few recommended titles for myself. Anyways long story short although the PS3 has been out since 06 and since then I have bought a PS4. I still use both consoles and although many modes are dead I rarely would have a problem getting in co-op arena, adventure matches which were my preferred modes. I can't imagine it takes too much resources to keep the servers running. Uncharted series in particular with being known for trophy hunting I find it a shame that most likely these titles will be the the first ones where it will be impossible to achieve the trophies for. Okay rant over Good Day☺

• Like 2