TxK glitch discussion + Long March video proof

Danny_Johansen

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

Any news if it's possible to 100% this game?

Yes it is although I can't say it with 100% certainty. I do believe that the last trophy has a similar bug that can prevent the trophy from popping so I will do 1 more test when I get back to it and hope it doesn't pop then so tests on how to fix the glitch without restoring the vita can be done.

It all comes down to finishing the survival mode and while it is very difficult, I think it is doable. Mainly the level packs 49-56, 57-64, 73-80 are a problem. They don't have much room for error and a small mistake can lead to an unavoidable death or multiple. After 80 however it becomes much easier again to do everything deathless and have done so a couple times. My best attempt right now is 1-59 deathless and losing the last live at 63. 60-63 are ridiculous so losing 3 or more lives there is common.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, VirtualNight said:

That thing about pause-exploit=glitched trophy was a joke, but actually it may be that pausing the game too many times during a run can screw the trophy for real. Probably you haven't tried this in your 7 attempts, so we need a pause-exploit master like me to check this theory. Nowadays I expect that anything can screw a trophy so I wouldn't discard such theory so quickly.

What's the pause-exploit?

On 11/14/2019 at 1:16 PM, Danny_Johansen said:

I have finally been able to trigger the glitch in the game by playing for 50+ hours before attempting a run. This glitch prevents all trophies from popping and not just Long March. This made it easy to test and find a way to get it to work again. What exactly makes it happen is still unknown to me and I don't know any ways to unbug it. However since the trophy isn't glitched itself you can redownload the game to allow the trophies to repop. Also redownloading an old savefile in the cloud that doesn't have the bug can be used to quickly restart a run. Considering the difficulty of this trophy it is logical to assume that everyone had triggered it while practising for the long march trophy and it would have bugged for me if it wasn't for the fact that I practised on Tempest 4000.

I am guessing you tried this, so using the "reset game" option in the settings menu doesn't unbug it either?

Edited by HolographicDoll
so as not to double post

On 4-4-2021 at 1:23 AM, HolographicDoll said:

What's the pause-exploit?

Pause exploit is when you continuously pause the game in order to slow it down. This helps with heavy input sections and gives you more time to react. The downside is that you increase how long it will take. Since this is a 3 hour run, you will expect it to take 6+ hours when pausing often. It doesn't help with many other difficult aspects of the game and making them harder so it is not recommended to use.

On 4-4-2021 at 1:23 AM, HolographicDoll said:

I am guessing you tried this, so using the "reset game" option in the settings menu doesn't unbug it either?

Never tried it. Not going to test it either but feel free to do so yourself.

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, whittle181 said:

I've read through this topic and I am still confused as to how to get the game to 'glitch' as you put it. Do you play through any game mode continuously for 50+ hours and then attempt to play Pure / Survival mode?

That is literally what I did to test it. I practised pure mode and hard levels in classic for roughly 50 hours and then attempted to earn a trophy. Everybody had triggered this glitch by the time they beat pure mode. The real reason for trophies not working is still unknown but will happen at some point by just playing normally. 50 Hours is a lot of time but is still only a fraction of the total practising time so it wasn't wasted time and knowing how to resolve it was more than worth it.

Deleting your save file isn't a big deal unless you care about your highscores since pure and survival both start from level 1 and beating all levels will only take 3 hours when you do go for the final trophies. With PS plus there is an easy back up strategy to never having to worry about it and otherwise a back up on pc will get the job done.

Edited by Danny_Johansen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Danny_Johansen said:

That is literally what I did to test it. I practised pure mode and hard levels in classic for roughly 50 hours and then attempted to earn a trophy. Everybody had triggered this glitch by the time they beat pure mode. The real reason for trophies not working is still unknown but will happen at some point by just playing normally. 50 Hours is a lot of time but is still only a fraction of the total practising time so it wasn't wasted time and knowing how to resolve it was more than worth it.

Deleting your save file isn't a big deal unless you care about your highscores since pure and survival both start from level 1 and beating all levels will only take 3 hours when you do go for the final trophies. With PS plus there is an easy back up strategy to never having to worry about it and otherwise a back up on pc will get the job done.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it, it's still a little confusing to me.
Looking at your main post, you say 'this glitch disables all trophies.' With that said, how are you meant to achieve Long March and Ultra Survival if once you activate the glitch it prevents you from attaining any trophies?
Also you played for 50 hours non-stop whilst the Vita was turned on all the time?

6 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain it, it's still a little confusing to me.
Looking at your main post, you say 'this glitch disables all trophies.' With that said, how are you meant to achieve Long March and Ultra Survival if once you activate the glitch it prevents you from attaining any trophies?
Also you played for 50 hours non-stop whilst the Vita was turned on all the time?

Hell no I played 50 hours non stop. What I mean is that I had 50 hours played on my current save file. When the glitch happens, all you can do is delete the game so your save file is gone.

@Danny_Johansen was kind enough to explain everything to me in detail via private message, to summarise:

1. Attain all the other trophies first (except Long March & Ultra Survival) and once you are good enough to attempt them, delete the current save data.
2. Attempt the 2 trophies on a brand new save file. The theory is they will not be glitched now because a fresh save file will make them pop.

I think I'm going to wait a few years to see if this is attempted by any other players first before trying it myself. From what I understand it is a 10/10 for difficulty with or without the glitches!

Edited by whittle181
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

spacer.pngspacer.png

Beatin' TxK one a year to see if the trophy pops been a ritual of mine for years now
Since I gonna have a lot of spare time on winter break, maybe I'll give it a bit more efford. Maybe I should make a Google Sheet, to figure out how to (not) trigger the bug

• Like 1