Wheels in Motion Glitch

KoeichiHero

If you go to my page, you will see that I have obtained every puzzle’s 9-word Trophy.

However, I cannot obtain the “Wheels in Motion” trophy which is to find your first 9 letter word.

I’ve tried finding 9-letter words in puzzles that have multiple.

I’ve tried deleting and redownloading the game. 

Suggestions? 

• Like 1

Update:

i figured out the issue but it’s something I’ve never come across before. 

If you’re like me and one of the 3 people who still use PSTV (I have bad vision so makes playing vita games amazing!), this trophy might glitch out on you. Unsure why. 

I loaded up the game on my actual Vita and tried it there to easy success. 

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this weird issue. 

We've had this reported a couple of times on Vita, but simply restarting the game and finding a nine-letter word did the job. The game remembers that it has awarded a trophy until it's closed (as a precaution against hitting a rate limit) so the restart is necessary.

I think there is a system delay in registering trophies when the game first starts, and if you're eager then this trophy is awarded very quickly and it can glitch out. It happened to me with Word Sudoku, but not since. It only happens once the game is published - we can't reproduce it during development, which makes it impossible to fix.

We always try to make games launch quickly and get you playing as quickly as possible: no splash screens or other fluff slowing things down. (I know this isn't particularly obvious on Vita, but it's as fast as it can be - there is a roughly 15-second overhead that we just can't do anything about). Anyway, as a consequence it seems that occasionally trophies can be skipped if you rush in, because the game just starts too darn quickly!

As for PSTV, it's just a Vita with a big screen so I suspect you just got unlucky with the initialization after reinstalling. Anyway, glad to hear you got there, and thanks for reporting this.

• Like 1

OK so i have the glitch on the EU Vita version after finishing all other trophies, i have quit and rentered game doing a 9 letter word i have done and one i haven't but no luck. I have then deleted game redownloaded and done first one, still nothing so quit to menu exit game renter and do next one, but yet still nothing...

@luckydonut what else can i try or is it possible for a patch to fix this issue?

Edited by Conker

8 minutes ago, Conker said:

OK so i have the glitch on the EU Vita version after finishing all other trophies, i have quit and rentered game doing a 9 letter word i have done and one i haven't but no luck. I have then deleted game redownloaded and done first one, still nothing so quit to menu exit game renter and do next one, but yet still nothing...

@luckydonut what else can i try or is it possible for a patch to fix this issue?

Format your VITA and reenter your account again - trophy list will be wiped out, so you should have no issues with getting it again. First sync your PSV - go online and download your trophy list, start the game while being online, do the 9-letter trophy - shall work.

27 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Format your VITA and reenter your account again - trophy list will be wiped out, so you should have no issues with getting it again. First sync your PSV - go online and download your trophy list, start the game while being online, do the 9-letter trophy - shall work.

That is a bit drastic, but it would probably work.

The bad news: if you've already completed the game and found 100 9-letter words, and the trophy did not already pop, it is unobtainable without resetting your save data.

If you have 9-letter words left to find and the trophy didn't pop yet, you have to close the game and restart it, and then it should be awarded on the next one you find. At least, the game will tell PSN to award the trophy at that point.

The trigger for the trophy is the joke screen, which doesn't appear the second time you find the same word. It also doesn't appear if you find a different nine-letter word than the one that appears in the title of the puzzle (e.g. CARTHORSE instead of ORCHESTRA).

I think we'll probably patch to make this easier to work around, but obviously that won't be instant. I'm keeping a close eye on how many people it affects. It shouldn't ever happen, but it clearly is. More people have the 2nd trophy than the 1st.

To reset save data, see here: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/settings/savedata.html

If you have PS Plus, back up to the cloud first if you think you'll care about filling in the blanks in the game at a later time.

11 hours ago, GRJ-UNIT said:

Mine is glitched on EU Vita aswell.

Tried quitting and restarting game as well as deleting and reinstalling and nothing will make it pop. Have all other trophies and PS4 version worked fine.

Can you follow these steps please? This should be the most reliable way, avoiding any network issues and giving the system plenty of chance to be ready to talk to the trophy subsystem.

• Put console into airplane mode
  • Close and restart the game
  • Leave the screen on and go and make a cup of tea. It should only need a few seconds, but give it 5 minutes or so.
  • Open a puzzle you have found no words on yet
  • Enter the 9-letter word

The trophy is awarded when the joke appears, so to be safe don't instantly dismiss that screen. Once you get it, you can turn Wi-Fi back on and sync trophies.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...