Difficulty and Tips

manicmark

This looks like it could be a challenging platinum. I'm a bit confused with the tier system.

Do you have to get every star in one tier to progress to the next one?

Do you have to get every star in the gold events in every tier to unlock the final event?

The time attacks sound challenging, I've read the thread about Macau so I know I should change gear ratios. Are there any other settings I should change? I read that changing springs to 10 and making braking maximum aggression helps.

Sorry about all of the questions. I have the plats for the other games and I'm more of a casual player these days with family commitments so I don't want to spend hours on a single event. Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, manicmark said:

This looks like it could be a challenging platinum. I'm a bit confused with the tier system.

Do you have to get every star in one tier to progress to the next one?

Do you have to get every star in the gold events in every tier to unlock the final event?

The time attacks sound challenging, I've read the thread about Macau so I know I should change gear ratios. Are there any other settings I should change? I read that changing springs to 10 and making braking maximum aggression helps.

Sorry about all of the questions. I have the plats for the other games and I'm more of a casual player these days with family commitments so I don't want to spend hours on a single event. Thanks in advance.

hi, i can tell you from my experience that platinum is not challenging at all, i’d say 2-3/10. I’m a racing games fan, but not a hardcore player. All the events are really easy, especially if you choose the right bike, only a couple of time attacks could give you little trouble.

To unlock the upper tiers you have to reach a set amount of stars AND get every star in a set amount of events. You can choose the events you prefer, only mandatory are the special events (the ones to the right), which require every star in order to unlock the final event.

If you plan on getting 100%/own the DLC i suggest you use those events to get every star because it’s a trophy requirement for every dlc of course and they do count towards unlocking the upper tiers in the main game. You can ideally unlock the final event by just completing the DLC events and the special events, without even touching any other main game event.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Djeheuty said:

hi, i can tell you from my experience that platinum is not challenging at all, i’d say 2-3/10. I’m a racing games fan, but not a hardcore player. All the events are really easy, especially if you choose the right bike, only a couple of time attacks could give you little trouble.

To unlock the upper tiers you have to reach a set amount of stars AND get every star in a set amount of events. You can choose the events you prefer, only mandatory are the special events (the ones to the right), which require every star in order to unlock the final event.

If you plan on getting 100%/own the DLC i suggest you use those events to get every star because it’s a trophy requirement for every dlc of course and they do count towards unlocking the upper tiers in the main game. You can ideally unlock the final event by just completing the DLC events and the special events, without even touching any other main game event.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. This had made me a lot more confident about the game.