New DLC Incoming!

Viper

I doubt OP levels will be affected too much, it's not a set level - it's a modifier.

It doesn't just make enemies/gear level 80 - it makes them +8 levels above you (While you remain the same level). Since the max level is 72, it adds +8 to that, making things Level80 (Or higher, depending - things like the Iron GOD are like level 93/94.)

And since it's just a +8 modifier, then they'll likely make it so that it automatically scales with the new cap - effectively making things level 88+. I don't think you'll have to do more runs through Digistruct or anything.

Edited by RHGSniperFox
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, RHGSniperFox said:

I doubt OP levels will be affected too much, it's not a set level - it's a modifier.

It doesn't just make enemies/gear level 80 - it makes them +8 levels above you (While you remain the same level). Since the max level is 72, it adds +8 to that, making things Level80 (Or higher, depending - things like the Iron GOD are like level 93/94.)

And since it's just a +8 modifier, then they'll likely make it so that it automatically scales with the new cap - effectively making things level 88+. I don't think you'll have to do more runs through Digistruct or anything.

This is how I was expecting it to work as well. We shall see, but this makes the most logical sense to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RHGSniperFox said:

This^

The OP levels will be almost entirely unaffected by the upcoming level cap increase, since they will just add 8 levels to your current amount when the DLC arrives next week.

11 hours ago, RHGSniperFox said:

This sounds very reasonable. Now we just have to farm all new gear on level 80:D. 1000 runs in The Dust to Gettle incoming for perfect Lyudas ahahaha

Edited by DeathShark22

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Not going to say no to brand new free content. People are weird - complaining about free DLC which not only connects into Borderlands 3, but adds a whole bunch of loot and trophies. I appreciate it if you take pride in your completion - But if you would rather not see more content purely because you want to pursue a wholly arbitrary completion metric, then you have your priorities waaay out of whack.

Smells like complaining for the sake of complaining.

people will always complain about something. "how dare you give us free new content! Im going to start a petition!" smh

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NomadicSnake72 said:

Might be a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway; will this new DLC be available for those who got The handsome Collection with this months PS+? 

This DLC will be free for everyone on the PS4, XB1 and PC, regardless of if you have a retail, digital or PS Plus copy of the game :).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

You sure? Source? 

Supmatto mentioned it in his previous video that came out only minutes before the one in the OP. The PC version of BL2 has 69 Achievements but the latest patch added in some code that mentions a 74th achievement for having rainbow rarity gear in 7 of your 8 equipment slots:

• Like 1

Why?

I get it: with the release of Borderlands 3 coming soon, people want to be excited. However, adding dlc to a game that is several years old is not the way to go. I got the 100% for the first 2 games on PS3 a long time ago, and I don't want to re-live through it again. If it stays on the PS4, then it can stay there, but if they pull an "Uncharted 3", then I will be pissed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Why?

I get it: with the release of Borderlands 3 coming soon, people want to be excited. However, adding dlc to a game that is several years old is not the way to go. I got the 100% for the first 2 games on PS3 a long time ago, and I don't want to re-live through it again. If it stays on the PS4, then it can stay there, but if they pull an "Uncharted 3", then I will be pissed.

companies don't make their business decisions base on trophies, they make whatever decision that make them money.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm sure Trophies/Achievements aren't even on their mind (but they'll add some anyways). 

Devs adding stuff to their old games should be a more welcomed thing. Last time I came across something like this was Age of Empires II DLCs, oh and Postal 2 (2003) got a DLC in 2015. I think that's it lol

Plus this gives us a chance to mess with the new rainbow rarity. Might bridge a gap in the story.

2 hours ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Yeah I'm sure Trophies/Achievements aren't even on their mind (but they'll add some anyways). 

Devs adding stuff to their old games should be a more welcomed thing. Last time I came across something like this was Age of Empires II DLCs, oh and Postal 2 (2003) got a DLC in 2015. I think that's it lol

Plus this gives us a chance to mess with the new rainbow rarity. Might bridge a gap in the story.

There's also Titan Quest (2006), first expansion came out in 2007, then the devs went bankrupt, acquired by THQ Nordic, and a new DLC in 2017 and another one in 2019 (!)

4 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

There's also Titan Quest (2006), first expansion came out in 2007, then the devs went bankrupt, acquired by THQ Nordic, and a new DLC in 2017 and another one in 2019 (!)

And Age of Empires 2. Originally released in 1999 but the most recent DLC came out in 2016. Technically that was for the HD edition, but no real difference.

1 hour ago, wackt1 said:

I really want to know if it's only for current gen consoles or they going out of the way to put it on last gen as well. I do know the handsome collection is on ps plus but I kind of want to 100% BL2 on ps3

As I've said several times in this thread (even my comment directly above yours), it's not on last gen. The PS3 and 360 versions are out of memory, they can't handle any more DLC.