New DLC Incoming!

Viper

7 hours ago, Kapika96 said:

And Age of Empires 2. Originally released in 1999 but the most recent DLC came out in 2016. Technically that was for the HD edition, but no real difference.

Well, technically the Titan Quest DLC was not for the original version, too. The game was re-released (i.e. a separate Steam entry) with the most recent "fan patch" already included, and then they included themselves a lot of balance changes and bugfixes. And of course achievements, Steamworks and Cloud saves.

Edited by Lance_87

7 hours ago, Viper said:

As I've said several times in this thread (even my comment directly above yours), it's not on last gen. The PS3 and 360 versions are out of memory, they can't handle any more DLC. 

Great news.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

The PS3 and 360 versions could probably run the new DLC, they're either lazy, or no longer have the devkits.

No, they cant. They ran out of memory ages ago. Thats why they stopped doing dlc when they did, as opposed to another years of dlcs for BL2.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

No, they cant. They ran out of memory ages ago. Thats why they stopped doing dlc when they did, as opposed to another years of dlcs for BL2.

This^

Gearbox wanted to do more Dragon Keep sized DLCs but due to the memory restrictions with the last gen systems, we got the smaller scale Headhunter DLCs and Digistruct Peak instead.

Considering that all the DLC is already coming to Borderlands 2 VR later this summer, it seems pretty likely that "Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary" will also eventually be in PS VR.

Obviously it's not coming to PS3 or PS Vita, but I'm sure it'll also be in a "Borderlands Ultimate Collection" on PS5 as well. Remember when we used to get free games during E3? Now it's DLC.

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Ugh, I thought I was done with this game years ago. Who at Gearbox thought it was a good idea to make new DLC for a 7 year old game when they have a sequel in development? Just put those resources into the new thing... :facepalm:

Then...…..don't play the new dlc. Problem solved. No chores.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

If it has new trophies I'll have to play it. I don't like leaving games unfinished.

Well then enjoy, but you don't "have" to do anything. I'm gonna play and get the trophies too, but I don't feel down about new content just because of a trophy %. It's a bonus to fun gaming, not the main focus.....for most people. I'll play shitty (short) games just for trophies, but in good/fun/replayable games, it's by far a secondary factor.

Edited by Jester695
  • Like 4

I'm still really concerned about how bad the OP nerf is going to be, and the silence is deafening.  Do they stay the same but only usable at 80?  Are the weapons automatically releveled to 80 if you're OP 8?  Do they scale (like 72 OP 8 becomes 73 OP 7)?  Is there going to be a massive change to Digistruct Peak now to get it back?

It really worries me.

-James

3 minutes ago, Jester695 said:

Well then enjoy, but you don't "have" to do anything. I'm gonna play and get the trophies too, but I don't feel down about new content just because of a trophy %. It's a bonus to fun gaming, not the main focus.....for most people. I'll play shitty (short) games just for trophies, but in good/fun/replayable games, it's by far a secondary factor.

So you take issue with me begrudgingly playing a game I completed years ago to maintain 100% completion in it but you'll happily play garbage games solely for trophies? I thought trophies were just a "bonus" to gaming... very interesting. :hmm: BL2 might be a "good/fun" game to you, but I didn't much care for it, and I would have been happy never playing the game ever again. 

• Like 4

On 6/7/2019 at 6:05 PM, Lance_87 said:

There's also Titan Quest (2006), first expansion came out in 2007, then the devs went bankrupt, acquired by THQ Nordic, and a new DLC in 2017 and another one in 2019 (!)

There's old PC games from the late 80s and 90s still receiving regular updates to this day

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Ugh, I thought I was done with this game years ago. Who at Gearbox thought it was a good idea to make new DLC for a 7 year old game when they have a sequel in development? Just put those resources into the new thing... :facepalm:

the new dlc tied in with borderlands 3, it would make sense to release it before BL3, and it also get people back into borderlands.

I am aware the Ps3/Vita Version won´t receive this DLC, however this got me worried regarding the PS3/Vita list, https://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-xbox-one-ps4-here-s-how-to-transfer-yo/1100-6425968/

From the link:

"Please note:

• The Xbox family of systems can only move saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and not the other way around.
  • The PlayStation family of systems can upload / download saves from any system to any other PlayStation system. Think of PS3 / PS4 / PSV as a triangle, and saves can move in any direction (Vita saves are only applicable to BL2 and not BL:TPS).
  • Uploading a save does not remove it from the original system, it only creates a copy of the save on the network.
  • Players will need the day 1 patch for the Handsome Collection in order to download saves.
  • Players will also need the most recent patch installed for PS3 / Xbox 360 in order to upload saves.

When you transfer your save, here’s what comes along with it:

• Character level and all mission progress
  • Badass Points (all of these will transfer, but you’ll get to re-spend them)
  • Backpack inventory
  • Weapon slots
  • Cash and Eridum/Moonstones
  • All unlocked character customizations (heads/skins) ***note that customizations obtained from Telltale's Poker Night 2 will be added in a patch following launch***
  • Items stored in the bank in Sanctuary"

Knowing that you are supposed to be able to download a PS4 save/profiles to your PS3, I ask: Is it possible they release a new patch on PS3 to allow compatibility with PS4 cloud save ability thus adding new trophies but, like they did with BL1 japanese, never give you the opportunity to go back and earn those trophies because the actual DLC will never be released on that console ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eduardohrks said:

Knowing that you are supposed to be able to download a PS4 save/profiles to your PS3, I ask: Is it possible they release a new patch on PS3 to allow compatibility with PS4 cloud save ability thus adding new trophies but, like they did with BL1 japanese, never give you the opportunity to go back and earn those trophies because the actual DLC will never be released on that console ?

I don't think that would be an issue. iirc, the vita version doesn't have a few DLCs that the PS3 version does and cross-save still works fine. As for the trophies, they are added on the server side. Even if Gearbox did make a new patch, they wouldn't likely add trophies to it. I think the Japanese-version issue was a more of a the-dlc-was-suppose-to-be-released thing and not a add-dlc-to-every-list thing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dmm121182 said:

Considering that all the DLC is already coming to Borderlands 2 VR later this summer, it seems pretty likely that "Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary" will also eventually be in PS VR.

Obviously it's not coming to PS3 or PS Vita, but I'm sure it'll also be in a "Borderlands Ultimate Collection" on PS5 as well. Remember when we used to get free games during E3? Now it's DLC.

Where did you hear that the dlc will come to the vr version?

10 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

If it has new trophies I'll have to play it. I don't like leaving games unfinished.

Sounds like a "you" problem to me rather than Gearbox's... all I can say is tough luck?

Just like @Viper said this game still has many players and followers after 6+ years, and releasing a DLC for it to raise hype for the sequel along with the handsome collection being in IGC this month, is a great business move on Gearbox's part and it would've been a shame for this to not materialize just because they didn't want to draw the ire of trophy completionists. (which are, let's face it, are not nearly as big as the Borderlands fandom)

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Sounds like a "you" problem to me rather than Gearbox's... all I can say is tough luck?

Just like @Viper said this game still has many players and followers after 6+ years, and releasing a DLC for it to raise hype for the sequel along with the handsome collection being in IGC this month, is a great business move on Gearbox's part and it would've been a shame for this to not materialize just because they didn't want to draw the ire of trophy completionists. (which are, let's face it, are not nearly as big as the Borderlands fandom)

Yeah, its a great move by gear box and all that. Not going to deny it. Still annoying as fuck though. 

12 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

So you take issue with me begrudgingly playing a game I completed years ago to maintain 100% completion in it but you'll happily play garbage games solely for trophies? I thought trophies were just a "bonus" to gaming... very interesting. :hmm: BL2 might be a "good/fun" game to you, but I didn't much care for it, and I would have been happy never playing the game ever again. 

Yes, I'll play garbage for 2 hours to get a platinum. Not a game "I don't care for" for 50. Ridiculous comparison.

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Gearbox records over a million players on a monthly basis for BL2, with that number surely to be higher with The Handsome Collection free for PS+ right now...it's not like this is a game that's been dead in the water for 6 of those years and it makes no sense to release DLC for it. 

This series has a very dedicated fan base. And considering this is a DLC that bridges the gap to BL3...it only makes even more sense to do this. So frankly, who ever at Gearbox thought to do this...was a marketing genius. This DLC isn't for people like you who only worry about their completion percentage being harmed...it's for the dedicated fans who never stopped playing BL2 after all these years and are excited for the next installment. 

Preach!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jester695 said:

Yes, I'll play garbage for 2 hours to get a platinum. Not a game "I don't care for" for 50. Ridiculous comparison.

The comparison makes perfect sense, haha. Sorry, but you can't take the high ground on this when you play games you admit are garbage just for trophies. I don't even think BL2 was a bad game, but I was glad to have it done years ago, and I think adding new content at this point when a sequel is on the way is rather silly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

The comparison makes perfect sense, haha. Sorry, but you can't take the high ground on this when you play games you admit are garbage just for trophies. I don't even think BL2 was a bad game, but I was glad to have it done years ago, and I think adding new content at this point when a sequel is on the way is rather silly.

It's really not silly at all considering it's content FOR the sequel. Stop being selfish. 

• Like 1