New DLC Incoming!

Viper

11 hours ago, RigbySanchez439 said:

Same could be said about the Doomsday Heist for GTAV?

I encourage more free DLC for games (Minecraft & Rocket League for example) as being a trophy hunter it gives me a reason to play the game again, depending on how long the trophies take.

I don't know why you're bringing up GTAV/GTA Online when it's a completely different situation. That game has been receiving constant updates since launch unlike BL2. Typically when a remaster is released like the Handsome Jack Collection, the expectation is that it's a complete product and won't be added to further, meaning I can finish it at my leisure. When I got the 100% for the game back in 2015 I didn't think I'd have to come back to it 4 years later. It's a good thing I don't sell my games when I'm done with them otherwise this would have been even more annoying.

I'm obviously not opposed to free DLC, I just fail to see the logic of releasing it this late when they could have put those resources into, oh I dunno, the recently announced Borderlands 3. And I don't need someone telling me it ties into that game for the 20th time, thank you. 

Also look at the bright side, It’s fucking BORDERLANDS 2!

What a great point. What would I do without this mediocre cringefest in my life? :P

If you don’t like new trophies, than don’t become a completionist. It’s that simple! Should I remind anyone that nobody’s holding them at gun point for that 100% profile.

New trophies are great, I would just prefer if that was confined to the first couple of years after launch, not 7 years later... And I don't need you telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing with my time, thanks. I'm perfectly happy with the way I hunt trophies. :)

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

When I got the 100% for the game back in 2015 I didn't think I'd have to come back to it 4 years later. It's a good thing I don't sell my games when I'm done with them otherwise this would have been even more annoying.

I feel you :P I came back cleaning up that game 2 months ago and thought I was done with it after getting 100% in it (not a fan of it either). Now I'm lucky that it wasn't that long ago, but I never thought there'd be a new reason to come back for it.

At least it was free.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izul said:

I feel you :P I came back cleaning up that game 2 months ago and thought I was done with it after getting 100% in it (not a fan of it either). Now I'm lucky that it wasn't that long ago, but I never thought there'd be a new reason to come back for it.

At least it was free.

Finally someone who sees where I'm coming from. :lol: And yeah, it was free and the new trophies don't look very hard or time-consuming going off the guide, so it could have been worse. I'm still not happy I have to boot up the game again, though. :P

• Like 1

Something just happened for the second time while playing this DLC and it's just so weird...

Randomly, while playing, I get an audio of someone talking in the Echo thingy, saying I already killed the boss or wtv. Then Mr. Torgue proceeds on saying something like, " Yeah, you should go back, you already did this" and after he says it, the game crashes.

Like, hum... What?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jester695 said:

How often are people getting Rainbow drops in general? I just started it (UVHM), got one vehicle skin in the first area (clearing out the camp). Are they dropping that frequently?

https://www.trueachievements.com/a276191/painbow-connection-achievement

This link shows where to get the gear. You don’t need different weapons so I think it’s best to farm Haderex for weapons and Uranus for the grenade mod. This is how I did it anyway.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jester695 said:

How often are people getting Rainbow drops in general? I just started it (UVHM), got one vehicle skin in the first area (clearing out the camp). Are they dropping that frequently?

I've gotten two from random enemies so far, the rest came from bosses. The new Raid Boss appears to drop at least one every time. (UVHM)

20 minutes ago, SADCM_PT said:

Something just happened for the second time while playing this DLC and it's just so weird...

Randomly, while playing, I get an audio of someone talking in the Echo thingy, saying I already killed the boss or wtv. Then Mr. Torgue proceeds on saying something like, " Yeah, you should go back, you already did this" and after he says it, the game crashes.

Like, hum... What?

This! I wanted to post about this too. This game crashed at least 10 times in the 5 hours it took me to complete this. Very annoying!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

This! I wanted to post about this too. This game crashed at least 10 times in the 5 hours it took me to complete this. Very annoying!

It just happened 3 more times. They keep saying I killed "Buff Gamer" already and to turn back... That's an enemy from Torgue's DLC lol

Edited by SADCM_PT

7 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

https://www.trueachievements.com/a276191/painbow-connection-achievement

This link shows where to get the gear. You don’t need different weapons so I think it’s best to farm Haderex for weapons and Uranus for the grenade mod. This is how I did it anyway.

Thanks sir (or madam).

Edited by Jester695

4 minutes ago, SADCM_PT said:

It just happened 3 more times. They keep saying I killed "Buff Gamer" already and to turn back... That's an enemy from Torgue's DLC lol

I actually got through the dialogue one time without the game crashing hoping that that would fix it. Not. Since I quit out of the game many times for boss farming this came up about once in two times I started the game up again. Be ready for more crashes ?. Luckily it doesn’t corrupt savefiles.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I actually got through the dialogue one time without the game crashing hoping that that would fix it. Not. Since I quit out of the game many times for boss farming this came up about once in two times I started the game up again. Be ready for more crashes 1f601.png. Luckily it doesn’t corrupt savefiles.

Yeah, I'm trying to farm the grenade mod, but it's kinda annoying with this issue. Get like 1 run in 3 tries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danceswithsloths said:

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

a dev team actually wants to supply more content to a game that is still active, and people are gonna whine cuz the they think the games too old? or cuz it messes with their precious completion? wow. just... wow.

It's worthless content if you no longer care about the game, like me and a bunch of people do not. I've already played this game to its fullest extent twice, if wasn't for this DLC, I wouldn't ever be playing Borderlands 2 again. Sadly now I'm playing this game again to reattain my 100%, instead of actually playing other games that I would be enjoying.

Should I be thankful because people made content for a game I don't care about? This is nothing, but a marketing stunt. Free DLC and the game going free on Plus, it's just to overdrive the hype of people who are willing to buy the game on launch or near it. I'm not one of those people. This DLC is nothing but a nuisance to me.

The only thing I'm thankful for is that there are charitable people willing to give me gear to save me time from grinding them myself. This DLC being free is nothing, but the mininum they should have done, as the Handsome Jack collection was already meant to be the full product. I would be very pissed if Borderlands 2 pulled a "The Surge"/"Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition" and added extra DLC on top of an already 'complete' edition. Thankfully that's not the case here.

I would have no issues with this content if there were no trophies attached to it, but there are, and therefore this addition affects me, not in a good way. I have the right to not want, desire or be grateful for this content.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

I think that crash has nothing to do with this dlc or patch. Im having that same crash since i started playing again in early april. The mr torgue dialogue pops up randomly (if it happens it only happens within a few seconds after i started a session and says it added an mission item ( the only mission item i have is the grog nozzle). 

Besides that crash im getting 95% of the time a network error after i save and quit in the menu. It keeps hanging on “checking for additional content” and then im getting the error.  I need to wait nearly 2min before i can change my network settings again or rejoin a friend. The only fast solution for me is close application and rejoin or start offline if im playing solo directly from the menu. This menu network error happens in bl2 and the pre sequel on all my characters.

Ive uninstalled/ redownloaded the game a couple of times, played with and without uhd pack, rebuilded database.. But nothing helped? Its def not my internet Because when im playing with a friend i never encounter any problems or lag. The problem only happens after saving and quitting.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

It's worthless content if you no longer care about the game, like me and a bunch of people do not. I've already played this game to its fullest extent twice, if wasn't for this DLC, I wouldn't ever be playing Borderlands 2 again. Sadly now I'm playing this game again to reattain my 100%, instead of actually playing other games that I would be enjoying.

Should I be thankful because people made content for a game I don't care about? This is nothing, but a marketing stunt. Free DLC and the game going free on Plus, it's just to overdrive the hype of people who are willing to buy the game on launch or near it. I'm not one of those people. This DLC is nothing but a nuisance to me.

The only thing I'm thankful for is that there are charitable people willing to give me gear to save me time from grinding them myself. This DLC being free is nothing, but the mininum they should have done, as the Handsome Jack collection was already meant to be the full product. I would be very pissed if Borderlands 2 pulled a "The Surge"/"Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition" and added extra DLC on top of an already 'complete' edition. Thankfully that's not the case here.

I would have no issues with this content if there were no trophies attached to it, but there are, and therefore this addition affects me, not in a good way. I have the right to not want, desire or be grateful for this content.

you do know lots of people never play Borderlands game before right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

i never said you didnt have the right to state your opinions or anything. i just said you're looking a gift horse in the mouth and stated my amazement and people's lack of gratitude to hard working developers trying to improve a still active game. but by all means, whine away.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

Just now, danceswithsloths said:

i never said you didnt have the right. i just said you're looking a gift horse in the mouth. but by all means, whine away.

Guess there is no point in talking to people like you who doesn't really care about completion %. Replying to you was as much of waste of time as was completing this DLC. Glad I no longer have to do either, take care.

4 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

You're right, there's no point trying to convince me that adding content to a long standing active game is a bad thing in any way, regardless of how much i care about completion %. sorry it affects your "addiction". no smoking laws affect other people's addictions but i still consider those a good thing as well.

Read again what I said:

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I made a decent long, explanatory post, you only bothered to badly read the last line and confused a game "addition" with a personal "addiction".

They just made content to promote their next game and by now this game barely generates any profit. BL3 should be on their final moments now. Rumor says this content was already built previously and ditched, but now redone to promote BL3. This game is a big ad to BL3. This isn't a gift, this isn't free, this is promotional cost to promote their next game, the cost required for this DLC is being accounted for in the cost of production for BL3. You can only see charity and kindness, where there is actually a very well done marketing campaign.

This is not a gift, 2K doesn't care about you, only about your money. It's the same company that milks people with their microtransaction models every year, I'm actually going to be surprised if BL3 doesn't include any of them, actually. If even GTA V and RDR2O can have them, don't see how BL3 couldn't.

But whatever, I guess, right? If you wanna keep telling yourself that 2K is """"""supporting"""""" the game because they care about their playerbase, then sure, keep telling yourself that. Ain't gonna be me who gonna knock out that tinfoil hat off you.

• Like 1

I dont think they are counting on making any money on this DLC, it is one giant ad to promote BL3, they are making their money there. I dont think they had completionists in mind when they came up with the idea of release a BL2 DLC to promote BL3. Why do you think its "free" on PS plus? its all part of the plan.

• Like 2