New DLC Incoming!

Viper

3 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

oh i read it the first time, you would be fine with the content if it didn't affect your precious completion percentage. :( boo hoo. you're still trying to convince me this content is a bad thing because it having trophies adversely affects people like you, and that's just dumb.

And it's obviously part of the marketing campaign, good job for pointing that out captain obvious lmao. They literally said it leads into Borderlands 3. But if the marketing campaign for Borderlands 3 comes in the form of free content to support a still active game then sign me right up. if only every company could produce such impressive marketing.

So do you actually have a reason for sounding like such an ass, or is that just your default personality?

Edited by XileLerinril

I  wonder, why is saying that someone's not happy about something always labelled as whining by others? When did this become a thing? Can't we have different opinions without getting attacked? Ah well, it's the internet after all :P

Well, since I guess people were also talking to me: Yes, I'm one of the people who aren't too happy about the new DLC for this game. Yes, it's free (for now), that is why I decided to play it. I'm not even a completionist (and don't really collect trophies anymore) and that game was sitting on my account on a low percentage for years. As I already said, I'm just not a fan of BL2 and I rarely play DLCs anyway. I felt so relieved when I got the 100% in it, especially since it's one of the few games for which I completed the DLCs (if not the only lol). Thus, I re-downloaded the game for this DLC.

I only stated that I never thought I'd be coming back to this game. It was surprising to see something new after so many years. Don't always try to see the bad thing in people.

Edited by Izul
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

Yeah, lets take time to shit on people because they care about things I don't. WHooooooooooooooooooo!

You're using the wrong font for sarcasm. This is the PSNP-approved Sarcasm Font.

4 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

You're using the wrong font for sarcasm. This is the PSNP-approved Sarcasm Font.

My bad. Will make sure to do it right in the future.

5 minutes ago, Izul said:

I  wonder, why is saying that someone's not happy about something always labelled as whining by others? When did this become a thing? Can't we have different opinions without getting attacked? Ah well, it's the internet after all :P.

People want to feel superior to others. We have the minority opinion. That gives them carte blanche to be assholes as they know they can get away with it.  

Painbow Connection isn't bad at all.

Farm Uranus Bot for nade. There is a travel station 30 seconds away.

Farm Haderax for the weapons as there seems to be a very high drop rate for the auto rifle in the chests. I got three auto-rifles in 5 attempts. Haderax also gives a guaranteed shield.

You also get a guaranteed relic from a story mission.

11 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

My bad. Will make sure to do it right in the future.

People want to feel superior to others. We have the minority opinion. That gives them carte blanche to be assholes as they know they can get away with it.  

In case you didn't receive the official word, I decreed it to be so here, at the very bottom of the page.

I'm just gonna make one last attempt to make sure I'm understood despite all the smoke and mirrors used in here.

I don't care about Borderlands anymore. I don't intend playing any of the games anymore for a very long time, unless I get the game on sale with some friends.

It's great if you people do, you are getting promotional content for a game you will most likely be playing in order to prepare/wait for another game that is yet to come. You get new areas, new missions, more levels, more loot, etc. Good for you, hope you enjoy it

I do not. I've played the game plenty on the past, had my fun with it and that was it, my run through this game was finished. Adding more trophies for this game ruins my plans for a night or two and instead of playing something I actually enjoy, to actually come back and play this game I no longer care about. I'm not a supporter of live-service games. You can go through my profile and see I don't have Destiny 2 or Overwatch at the time of this posting, since I don't want to experience either of those games on their 'evolving' state, but I'll be sure to play both when they are 'finished'.

It took me probably 4 hours to complete this DLC and this may not seem like a lot, but I'm a student on my last year of graduation. Four hours are meaningful to me, specially on week days when I can't game as much. I wouldn't have cared if I knew this would be a thing when I played the game a very long time ago. I played this and both stacks of Pre-Sequel back to back so I could have the games listed together back to back and so they were until now. Now this DLC made the game move up to the top.

This probably means nothing for a lot of you, but I like to play my games back to back to keep them together in a cluster. You can go and see my PS4 Uncharted games, I did all 5 of them in a row and they look like a tight knit group, which I love to see when I look at my profile. it's my personal taste and I find it enjoyable to look at. I have also planned to do this for the Crash remasters, but the same thing happened and Crash 3 got a dlc a very long time after release and bumped Crash 3 Warped out of the cluster of 3 games. I bought that collection on release and did not play it for over a year in order to be able to complete all 3 of them together. My plans were ruined because of unannounced DLC. It's not a big deal for a lot of people, but it matters a bit for me.

I'm not saying devs shouldn't be updating their games or giving free content, I just would like to know of such intentions before I play the games, instead of getting them by surprise at a later point when I'm no longer interested in playing such games. If i knew 3 years ago that Borderlands 2 would be getting this DLC, I wouldn't have played it back then, but instead, I would be playing it now (and probably would have played BL1 Remastered so my list could have looked like 1 - 2 - TPS - TPS).

I know a lot of people won't care or have any empathy because this is the internet and "lol whatever who cares?" is the predominant form of expression in here. Just wanted to point out that there are people who aren't excited for Borderlands 3 and neither would be playing Borderlands 2 again if wasn't for the fact that more DLC was added, just like a lot of people wouldn't be playing more Overwatch/Killing Floor 2 if wasn't for the fact new trophies keep getting added after every so many weeks. If you are also one of those people, it's okay to be frustrated with this. The majority of the people are very hyped for BL3 and they can't understand when others aren't. You are not alone.

And to the hacker above, please spend more time earning your trophies legitimately rather than spending time talking about me, maybe that way your profile won't be forcefully removed from the website next time.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

It's worthless content if you no longer care about the game, like me and a bunch of people do not. I've already played this game to its fullest extent twice, if wasn't for this DLC, I wouldn't ever be playing Borderlands 2 again. Sadly now I'm playing this game again to reattain my 100%, instead of actually playing other games that I would be enjoying.

Should I be thankful because people made content for a game I don't care about? This is nothing, but a marketing stunt. Free DLC and the game going free on Plus, it's just to overdrive the hype of people who are willing to buy the game on launch or near it. I'm not one of those people. This DLC is nothing but a nuisance to me.

The only thing I'm thankful for is that there are charitable people willing to give me gear to save me time from grinding them myself. This DLC being free is nothing, but the mininum they should have done, as the Handsome Jack collection was already meant to be the full product. I would be very pissed if Borderlands 2 pulled a "The Surge"/"Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition" and added extra DLC on top of an already 'complete' edition. Thankfully that's not the case here.

I would have no issues with this content if there were no trophies attached to it, but there are, and therefore this addition affects me, not in a good way. I have the right to not want, desire or be grateful for this content.

While I would agree as it is dum to add dlc later in the life of a game when it is over 8 years old now. I can see where the people who still want to give it ago again comes from.

It gives people a kind of refresh on the game if they have not played it in so long and have forgotten how 2 was and so on. I mean if they put out a dlc to demons souls when the online was still up and it was for say the broken stone would you complain? It gives a reason for some and for others it annoys but it is what it is.

But to be up front, they should keep it free forever as the handsome pack is meant to be the full edition. any dlc after should be free or at the very least give us free upgrades to the new pack that has it all.

Edited by KANERKB

5 hours ago, Izul said:

I  wonder, why is saying that someone's not happy about something always labelled as whining by others? When did this become a thing? Can't we have different opinions without getting attacked? Ah well, it's the internet after all :P

Well, since I guess people were also talking to me: Yes, I'm one of the people who aren't too happy about the new DLC for this game. Yes, it's free (for now), that is why I decided to play it. I'm not even a completionist (and don't really collect trophies anymore) and that game was sitting on my account on a low percentage for years. As I already said, I'm just not a fan of BL2 and I rarely play DLCs anyway. I felt so relieved when I got the 100% in it, especially since it's one of the few games for which I completed the DLCs (if not the only lol). Thus, I re-downloaded the game for this DLC.

I only stated that I never thought I'd be coming back to this game. It was surprising to see something new after so many years. Don't always try to see the bad thing in people.

Dunno about others, but I just find this a strange thing to complain about, a free (albeit for a limited time) content to an existing game that still has a popular following, a kind of marketing nous that is only found in spare quantity these days in the gaming industry, if at all.

Although as long as the people who are not happy with this change understand the reason behind this DLC, I got no issues.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Dunno about others, but I just find this a strange thing to complain about, a free (albeit for a limited time) content to an existing game that still has a popular following, a kind of marketing nous that is only found in spare quantity these days in the gaming industry, if at all.

Although as long as the people who are not happy with this change understand the reason behind this DLC, I got no issues.

I mean, I'm glad when others are happy with new content. Personally, I can only speak for myself from the point of someone who has never been a fan of the game and only played it that much because a friend forced them to haha :P

If it was a game I'd love, I might also be happy with more content. However, the games I mainly play rarely get DLCs anyway.

Edited by Izul
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

So do you actually have a reason for sounding like such an ass, or is that just your default personality?

yup, people complaining about new content in a still active game is my reason for sounding like an ass. any other dumb questions?

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Izul said:

I mean, I'm glad when others are happy with new content. Personally, I can only speak for myself from the point of someone who has never been a fan of the game and only played it that much because a friend forced them to haha :P

If it was a game I'd love, I might also be happy with more content. However, the games I mainly play rarely get DLCs anyway.

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, theSpirae said:

Poor people with their completionist syndrome

I'm absolutely sure that I feel happier when I look at my account when you do when you look at yours. Can you look back and see all those games you will no longer play and feel any pride over them? I'm happy with every game I've finished and I'll get back to every game that I didn't.

2 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Asking devs to announce all their plans ahead (all DLCs, all trophies, etc.) so you can decide whether you want to play their game or not is a ridiculous notion.

I'm absolutely sure you wouldn't have a lot of support in this point and I'm not only talking about trophy hunters. Knowing how much support and/or content a game will get over the years does increase a lot of the value a game has. The Divison 1 is a clear example of this and The Division 2 is following the same route. In fact, this is so commonly done that I can't recall any major AAA title with multiplayer components that haven't done it in the past year. SW BF2, BF V, Anthem, The Division 2, COD BO4, etc, they all post what is the roadmap for the planned future.

I don't think you said anything else that wasn't a personal attack, but do reply if you feel like you are able to have an actual conversation instead of just outputting condescending insults. Or not, really, doubt there is anything I can say that will start a sensible conversation. Pretty sure you are entitled to your opinion and there is no way to have any empathy coming from someone with a tone like yours. It's not like I need to anyway, my game is already back at 100%, unlike yours, who only showed up to stir up more drama.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Poor people with their completionist syndrome are forced to play the game they were a long time ago done with because they just can't stand not having 100%. A poor student who doesn't have free time and is forced to play the old game, the game he doesn't care about anymore, again so he can get that precious 100%.

Get off your high horse and enjoy free content or simply skip it. Asking devs to announce all their plans ahead (all DLCs, all trophies, etc.) so you can decide whether you want to play their game or not is a ridiculous notion.

This is not about different opinions, this is a modern entitlement at its best.

Again, people are well within their right to complain about things they don't like. I don't have to be happy that gearbox is wasting my time. I don't have to be grateful for dlc to an old game. If anyone is on their high horse it's you, why should we only have to do things they way you want it done. Everyone who has had said something negative about having to do this dlc has expressed discontent with their own personal situation. They all started out polite, and were immediately met by hostility, condescending attitudes, and being told that they need to change the way they do things. This is a trophy hunting forum, a place literally meant to discuss trophies, and yet you all are running around gatekeeping who and how people should enjoy their games. Like I stated back in my first post in this thread, this happens every time 100 percenters show up. Someone has to come out of the wood work and be an ass, for seemingly no reason than to try and prove that we are doing it wrong. It gets old, and it just shows that you have a lack of maturity. Im done with this topic, you all have fun trying to belittle other people for having differences in opinion. 

Edited by XileLerinril
Spelling
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

Again, people are well within their right to complain about things they don't like. I don't have to be happy that gearbox is wasting my time. I don't have to be grateful for dlc to an old game. If anyone is on their high horse it's you, why should we only have to do things they way you want it done. Everyone who has had said something negative about having to do this dlc has expressed discontent with their own personal situation. They all started out polite, and were immediately met by hostility, condescending attitudes, and being told that they need to change the way they do things. This is a trophy hunting forum, a place literally meant to discuss trophies, and yet you all are running around gatekeeping who and how people should enjoy their games. Like I stated back in my first post in this thread, this happens every time 100 percenters show up. Someone has to come out of the wood work and be an ass, for seemingly no reason than to try and prove that we are doing it wrong. It gets old, and it just shows that you have a lack of maturity. Im done with this topic, you all have fun trying to belittle other people for having differences in opinion. 

Like i stated earlier, you people are well within your right to whine about your completion percentages. Just like im well within my right to point out how dumb that is.

• Like 3