overheating ps4 pro

My ps4 pro is overheating right at the start of this game i just got myself a 4k tv finished my first playthrough then started my game again got to the part where jack mentions the moonshot then proceed to the next part where the person shows up on the flame robot the ps4 fan speeds up really fast then ps4 has message that the ps4 is overheating then shuts down i went back to playthrough 1 but didnt come across it .It seems to be isolated to that one part. I have tried multiple games including Days gone and Fallout 76 but they dont do it even after hours of game play. Anyopne else having the problem.

27 minutes ago, KnightedFromHell said:

My ps4 pro is overheating right at the start of this game i just got myself a 4k tv finished my first playthrough then started my game again got to the part where jack mentions the moonshot then proceed to the next part where the person shows up on the flame robot the ps4 fan speeds up really fast then ps4 has message that the ps4 is overheating then shuts down i went back to playthrough 1 but didnt come across it .It seems to be isolated to that one part. I have tried multiple games including Days gone and Fallout 76 but they dont do it even after hours of game play. Anyopne else having the problem.

Have you tried cleaning the ps4’s fan? My system never gave me an overheating message but the fan would get extremely loud on some games. I took the top cover off (you can find loads of tutorial videos on YouTube) and cleaned it all out and it’s been fine since. 

1 hour ago, Warlord99956 said:

Have you tried cleaning the ps4’s fan? My system never gave me an overheating message but the fan would get extremely loud on some games. I took the top cover off (you can find loads of tutorial videos on YouTube) and cleaned it all out and it’s been fine since. 

yeah opened it up there was no dust like i said it the only game its happening too i just deleted the game and am going to redownload it without the 4k texture pack to see if it still does it

1 hour ago, KnightedFromHell said:

yeah opened it up there was no dust like i said it the only game its happening too i just deleted the game and am going to redownload it without the 4k texture pack to see if it still does it

Not sure what else to suggest. I hope you get it sorted!

i have a pro and never had fans kick on loud for borderlands series. only.mgs v in the helicopter. however that may have been my base ps4. 

if you get the overheating message i would thoroughly clean the system. and if under warranty...  return it for a new one. maybe some saudering didn't stick and the board is faulty. who knows. 

my sound on ps4 was cutting out for fraction of a second roughly every few mins. whether on youTube Netflix or games. so my 4k under warranty they came and brought me a new tv. still had issue. the guy suggested i try the tv apps (i dont have cable so i never use tv apps), anywayssss it still had the issue. so i swapped my switch/xbox hdmi with the ps4 one and no more issue. point im trying to make is sometimes what seems like a much bigger problem, possibly is something super simple to fix. never know.

good luck OP

Sometimes my pro overheats (and sounds like a b-52 at takeoff ✈) on heavy games but i have found that if you put a fan in front of it, the air circulation immediately cools it down and the sound subsides.

Also keep it out of a closed media closet or whatever its called, at least temporarily or during the summer. Really helps

You could also try to switch down pro modes in that section (4k -> hd, boost off, hdr off and so on)

Edited by colia100

3 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Try playing that part with someone else who has a Pro, see if it does it to them. Also if you have a PS3 try transfering the save and see if you can finish that part on there. 

gonna try at my sisters house if that dont work need to setup my ps3 again