A strange question....

Golem25

How many Trophies do you have to get before you can get 'I did it for the Trophy' (watch a naughty video)?

Yes, this is a strange question, but hear me out! I am coming up on my 3500 Trophy landmark, and love the Yakuza franchise (Platina Trophies for 4, Dead Souls, and 5) - I also love the silly self-referential title for the 'I did it for the Trophy' Trophy, so I want it immortalized as a landmark for my profile.

Thing is I want to clean up the Trophies in a different game before diving into Yakuza 0, and I should be able to do so while still being a few shy of 3500. Thing is, I believe I need at least one story-related Trophy in Yakuza 0, so I want to plan ahead and make sure I don't accidentally get a different random Trophy in the game before being able to grab 'I did it for the Trophy'. I imagine I might accidentally get Whip It Good (five in battle bonuses) while gunning for the video club, do I need to be worried about that?

Yes, I know, I'm strange! Very neurotic about these kinds of things. But hopefully someone can confirm this for me. Planning to play the Pool minigame to get an easy video card which should allow me to get the Trophy almost right out of the gate.

Going by my order (and haven't played this game in a while) the trophies that you'll get before 'i did i for the trophy'

A Matter of Life or Death
Complete Chapter 4.
27th Feb 2017
6:49:07 PM
62.46%
COMMON
40-bronze.png
  Tell Me a Story
Complete 10 substories.
22nd Feb 2017
6:22:23 PM
68.75%
COMMON
40-bronze.png
  New Allies, New Foes
Complete Chapter 2.
24th Feb 2017
11:48:24 PM
72.15%
COMMON
40-bronze.png
  A Wise Investment
Purchase ten or more abilities.
20th Feb 2017
11:04:08 PM
spacer.png68.4%
COMMON
40-bronze.png
  Who Ya Gonna Call?
Pick up a telephone card.
20th Feb 2017
7:41:17 PM
78.65%
COMMON
40-bronze.png
  Whip It Good
Get five or more play bonuses fighting a single enemy.
19th Feb 2017
10:20:47 PM
89.32%
COMMON
40-bronze.png
  Nostalgic for the 80s
Visit Kamurocho in December 1988.
18th Feb 2017
11:24:22 PM
98.29%
COMMON
40-bronze.png
  • Like 1

If you're going straight for the trophy while ignoring any collectible, upgrades, etc. the only trophy you would need to unlock, if I remember correctly would be :bronze:Nostalgic for the 80s.

As for trophies to look out for (as in you might unlock them by simply playing):

• :bronze:Whip It Good, since it's a battle trophy that you might unlock right at the first few fights
  • :bronze:Who Ya Gonna Call?, throughout the map there are cards that you can collect so you might unlock it by picking one up thinking it's just a normal item
  • :bronze:Mr. Shakedown Takedown, this is a boss that appears randomly through the map and you're forced to fight him once at the start of the game as part of the tutorial about him. He's tough and you're supposed to lose against him on the first fight but if you're good you can defeat him but if you do you'll unlock the trophy.

The other trophies that you might unlock will be only if you don't go straight for the :bronze:...I Did It for the Trophy since they ask you to complete a certain number of substories (this games name for side quests), complete or play certain minigames, upgrade your character a certain number of times, etc..

23 hours ago, XShadowYakuzaX said:

Going by my order (and haven't played this game in a while) the trophies that you'll get before 'i did i for the trophy'

*snipped for brevity's sake*      

Thank you, my good sir. Excellent to have an indication. Considering I will be jolting straight for the Video Club Trophy, I'm confident I will have a shorter list. Considering I still need five Trophies to get to 3,499, I might just grab a couple of the easier ones on the way to the club.

22 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

If you're going straight for the trophy while ignoring any collectible, upgrades, etc. the only trophy you would need to unlock, if I remember correctly would be :bronze:Nostalgic for the 80s.

As for trophies to look out for (as in you might unlock them by simply playing):

• :bronze:Whip It Good, since it's a battle trophy that you might unlock right at the first few fights
  • :bronze:Who Ya Gonna Call?, throughout the map there are cards that you can collect so you might unlock it by picking one up thinking it's just a normal item
  • :bronze:Mr. Shakedown Takedown, this is a boss that appears randomly through the map and you're forced to fight him once at the start of the game as part of the tutorial about him. He's tough and you're supposed to lose against him on the first fight but if you're good you can defeat him but if you do you'll unlock the trophy.

The other trophies that you might unlock will be only if you don't go straight for the :bronze:...I Did It for the Trophy since they ask you to complete a certain number of substories (this games name for side quests), complete or play certain minigames, upgrade your character a certain number of times, etc..

And this is most definitely helpful too, thank you; I was eyeing Whip It Good as being dangerous already. The Collectibles are easy to avoid so wasn't worried about the second, and figure I'll lose to Mr. Shakedown on purpose; I got through the Coliseum with Akiyama in 5 (DAMN YOU LIMITED BERSERK), so nothing in 0 should worry me - let alone that guy!

Enjoy the match tonight, even if I hope your nation will lose for obvious reasons :^)