Dream E3 Announcement (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Hey y'all!

As many of you know @Bushido7745785 and myself host a podcast called Plat Cast and every week we ask a topic for discussion here on psnprofiles and we read out your responses on our podcast and our topic this week is:

What would be your dream E3 announcement?  With it being next week we want to hear your responses! (and I hope your dreams come true!)

Also, join our discord! We talk about anything and everything and is the best way to suggest topics/chat with Zack (he is there he just lurks!) and myself discord.gg/hbTaVvh 

• Like 3

As said above, a release date for Beyond Good and Evil 2 would be fantastic. Perhaps a new Timesplitters, Ratchet and Clank or Resistance game, too. And y'know, I'm a big fan of the Time Crisis games too so maybe TC5 for PS4, or just the announcement of Time Crisis 6 for PS4. What else... Hmm. 

I think there's room for more Bloodborne, too. Depending on whether it takes place before or after the vanilla game, I'd say there are a lot of options for a new story.

1. Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age Remaster ported to PS Vita with Cross-Save support with PS4 version.

2. Xenosaga HD Remaster ported to PS4 and Xenosaga IV-VI (4-6) projects given greenlight to finish the saga on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch (since its a Nintendo owned company now) 

3. Sony announces a new portable gaming system in the PlayStation family ahead of PlayStation 5 with PS5 feature integration like PS4 and PS Vita but can also play all the PS Vita back catalog of games digitally if they can add cart support that would be a bonus. 

I really don't ask for much. 

I'd love to see a new inFamous game be announced, but that's almost impossible with Sucker Punch working on Ghost of Tsushima right now. A new Burnout and LittleBigPlanet would be nice but I can live without them. Other than that, most stuff I dreamed about has actually already been announced or teased :lol:. Animal Crossing, Watch Dogs 3, The Last of Us 2, Persona 5 The Royal, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc. :D. Other than that, there are a lot of new IPs that have been announced or are coming soon that I'm looking forward to so I don't have too many wishes at the moment :P.

Nintendo announces they are going exclusively software, just like Sega! I would love nothing more than to platinum The Legend of Zelda and Pokémon....

But thats highly unlikely, so I’ll settle for a new IP announcement from Naughty Dog.

But that’s unlikely since Sony won’t be at E3, so I’ll settle for more sweet gameplay and release dates for Biomutant and Code Vein!

Edited by JIVe_____
  • Like 2

I'd like to see Sony do a joint presentation with Microsoft where they unveil further details of their plan to pool their resources to fight the rise of Stadia and the mobile market...

...and then Sony betrays Microsoft and annihilate them once and for all in a protracted Red Wedding-esque massacre. Assassins masquerading as musicians, daggers to the heart, "Yoshida sends his regards"; the whole bit. And if, say, Pitchford, Kotick, and Cage were caught in the crossfire... all the sweeter.

Failing that though... complete legacy backwards compatibility announced for the PS5 would be absolutely class, that. Hell, if/when my dream scenario occurs, they can even add support to the, what, five or six Xbox games worth a damn. Remasters of the rest of the 90s LucasArts adventure games; love it. God of War II, Spider-Man II, a new Arkham game... yep.

Hell, not foregoing the entire event to Microsoft and Nintendo (who've still yet to cough up more than one or two exclusives to make the Switch worth the price) would be a start. E3 may be less than what it was, but cutting yourself off from the zeitgeist completely and giving the competition an open goal has never been a good idea.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'd love to see a new inFamous game be announced, but that's almost impossible with Sucker Punch working on Ghost of Tsushima right now. A new Burnout and LittleBigPlanet would be nice but I can live without them. Other than that, most stuff I dreamed about has actually already been announced or teased :lol:. Animal Crossing, Watch Dogs 3, The Last of Us 2, Persona 5 The Royal, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc. :D. Other than that, there are a lot of new IPs that have been announced or are coming soon that I'm looking forward to so I don't have too many wishes at the moment :P.

Unfortunately won't see a new Infamous, LittleBigPlanet or anything to do with The Last of Us 2 since Sony won't be there.

I miss some of Capcoms older games, and I am meaning from the Super Nintendo and Megadrive era, so my dream announcements would be a 3D platformer based on Ghouls n ghosts. Not another Maximo, but completely based on the super Ghouls n ghosts universe. Whilst they were at it, I would be over the moon to see a Strider game that was more akin to Devil May Crys style and although a little new in terms of nostalgia, I would love to see a New Darkstalkers entry. From other developers, I would be super excited for a new Actraiser title from Square Enix! 

For some of the the newer franchises, although they have already announced a no show, but hey, this was a dream list question right? So I would love to see a New Batman title from Rocksteady. Something based on the Court of Owls story was rumoured a while back, so that would be great. 

• Like 2

All of these are unlikely, but it does say "dream". :giggle: 

More likely:

Uncharted 5, or maybe even a console version of Golden Abyss.

Assassin's Creed 1 remake from Ubisoft.

Would love to hear that Skull and Bones is having a bigger single player worked on with this new delay.

Unlikely...like highly unlikely:

DDR remasters because I don't trust them to make a good game after the last few titles on PS2 and the horrible PS3 song list.

More PS2 to PS4 games. (looking at you KT for those Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors games.)

I did this on twitter a few days ago, so I'll list everything I want by conference. Sorry for the Xbox & Nintendo inclusions. 

Xbox:

Halo Infinite, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Dying Light 2*, Metro: Exodus (DLC)*, Fable 4 (The worst kept secret in gaming that Playground Games are working on this), The Last Night, Gears 5 (Almost certainly September 5th, as other leaks re: Gears 5 have proven correct), New Ninja Theory IP 

* = non-exclusive, own marketing rights 

Bethesda:

Doom Eternal (hyped because DOOM (2016) is my 3rd favourite game of this generation), Fallout PSVR (Would motivate me to buy PSVR, 100%. Currently only on PC), Dishonored 3, NEW IP's.

BONUS ROUND: A massive apology from Machine Games, on stage, with their trousers around their ankles and a pie in the face, for how much they've f**ked up the sequel to one of the best FPS games in recent years (Wolfenstein: The New Order) with the woeful Wolfenstein II. Youngblood looks just as bad, if not worse. (Rant over).

Devolver:

GRIS (PS4/XB1 Release) x ∞ (Favourite indie game of this generation, only available on Nintendo/PC atm. The "Challenges" and Steam achievements were super easy, too, so would be an easy completion/platinum)

Ubisoft:

Watch_Dogs 3 (this has already happened, although its called Watch_Dogs Legion), New Splinter Cell (Announcement, personally don't trust the rumours), Subscription Service (announcement), New Indie IP's similar to Child of Light/Valiant Hearts (Announcement).

Square Enix:

Final Fantasy VII (specifically for it not to be split into 2 parts, although its pretty widely reported now that is what is happening)

Nintendo:

Animal Crossing, Daemon X Machina (looks wicked), Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Prime 4 (just some form of update as to how the new development cycle is going)

Edited by PhantomFear94

A new game announcement from Square Enix with Yoko Taro as the director, and it’s not a sequel to any of his other work so he can really go off the rails is probably my number one wish

id also love to see Final Fantasy 16

i don’t like Bethesda at all but I’d also love a morrowind remake even if it does dumb the game down a lot, the game is so amazing to me and would love more people to give it a shot

Announcements for Biomutant, Cyberpunk, PS Vita 2 that is BC with original vita games, and that Monster Rancher magically gets resurrected somehow and there would be a new entry on PS4. Or handheld, I would really take either; the DS game was pretty decent. Or switch, but prefer PS4.

I really want Red Steel 3 or a game very similar to Red Steel 2.

A new F-Zero game. I would be happy if we got a remake of F-Zero X or F-Zero GX if they added 30 player online multiplayer. That would be worth a $20 Nintendo Online subscription even if I only played it once.

News on how Psychonauts 2 and Bayonetta 3 would be nice.

PS Vita MK2, PS Vita is my favorite handheld and I'd love to have a successor.

Have EA feel bad for all the bad things they did over the years and decide to be the paragon of the gaming industry, then actually do it. 

Bethesda admit that Fallout 76 not very good. I would like it if Bethesda took the Creation Engine out back and finally put it down.

A new model of Nintendo Switch or a price drop. I've been wary of something like that happening right after I buy a Switch.

3 hours ago, Feral said:

Unfortunately won't see a new Infamous, LittleBigPlanet or anything to do with The Last of Us 2 since Sony won't be there.

They won't be having a regular press conference, sure, doesn't mean they are for sure not going to announce things during E3 though.