Can i finish the journeys alone?

Varhur

This are two Multiplayer-Trophies. You just can play it online with other Players. Was that your question? This two Trophies are very hard with all these skilled Players out there years after release.

Edited by Sikutai

8 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

This are two Multiplayer-Trophies. You just can play it online with other Players. Was that your question? This two Trophies are very hard with all these skilled Players out there years after release.

Firefly and Hunter. There are two other trophies, but one is related to journeys and second definetely needs other players.

Just now, DarthDeathscythe said:

For journeys- you will encounter an event when you may loose 100% of your population. In that day take a loadout that have crafter 3 ability and give your team mates items. save crafter 3 only for these events.Its easy no worries

That doesn't answer the question though - can i do it alone?

You should be able to get all the base game trophies by yourself. You pretty much just need to play 168 matches. The DLC trophies though - although they are possible to get if you're quite skilled, you might just want to boost those.

7 minutes ago, mekktor said:

You should be able to get all the base game trophies by yourself. You pretty much just need to play 168 matches. The DLC trophies though - although they are possible to get if you're quite skilled, you might just want to boost those.

Yep, i think that it's quite manageable, definetely the easiest 100% out of the soon unobtainable 100%'s. Well, at least the easiest multi stuff.

Yes, you can. The only real threat that will get you to restart your journey is falling the 100% threat challange. So juat save up the easy challanges for the 100% ones. Like giving packages and the such. 

I got the platinum twice. Alone.

On the PS3 I did it normally. 168 matches with the easy challanges for the 100% threat. 

On the PS4 I used The Ultimate Multiplayer Shortcut in the MP guide here. It reduces the matches needed by two thirds BUT it's a risky one if you don't know what you're doing. 

Edited by Xx-KingOFDark-xX
  • Like 2

Yes you can, but it is incredibly tedious. (I've done it on my old account).

This is the guide I used to assist with my playthrough:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/596-the-last-of-us-multiplayer-missions-guide

The only time you really need to worry is the -100% Population missions. I would recommend saving the 'Give Crafting Items' or 'Heal Teammates' mission objectives for those -100% missions, as they are the simplest objectives to complete. You need a special loadout to be able to give crafting items and heal. In the link above you can scroll down to 'What are My Loadouts?' and 'What are my Tactics?' to find that info, but for clarity's sake I will copy+paste the text below (hopefully I'm allowed to do that):

What Are my Loadouts?

Once you start the multiplayer, use the pre-made "Support" class. Since most survival skills aren't unlocked, this is the best one you can choose.

From time to time you will unlock more skills and loadout points. As soon as possible this will be your perfect loadout:

• Primary Weapon - None
  • Secondary Weapon - Revolver
  • Skill (6 Points) -  Crafter 3
  • Skill (4 Points) - First Aid Training 2
  • Skill (3 Points) - Collector 1

What Are my Tactics?

Your goal is to get as many parts as possible in game. The easiest way to do so is to use a supporter class.

Here is a list of tactics to get easy and fast parts:

• Craft Gifts - Craft items in your inventory and you will get gifts for your teammates. Equip a gift with Up and press L2 to give it to a friend.
  • Healing - If you are very close to your teammate and they are hurt, you can heal them by holding Cross. This will give you the biggest amount of points.
  • Reviving - Downed teammates can be revived by holding Triangle next to them.

If you do these 3 things all the time you won't have problems getting enough supplies for your clan every game.

I wish you all the best man :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

Yes, you can. The only real threat that will get you to restart your journey is falling the 100% threat challange. So juat save up the easy challanges for the 100% ones. Like giving packages and the such. 

I got the platinum twice. Alone.

On the PS3 I did it normally. 168 matches with the easy challanges for the 100% threat. 

On the PS4 I used The Ultimate Multiplayer Shortcut in the MP guide here. It reduces the matches needed by two thirds BUT it's a risky one if you don't know what you're doing. 

Just one thing - what's the difference between downing enemies and executions?

5 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Just one thing - what's the difference between downing enemies and executions?

When you 'kill' an enemy there's a brief time the opposing team can revive the 'killed party member. They'll be able to crawl about until they bleed out. This is called a down.

A execution is when you kill them for good following a down. You can either shoot from afar or do a special execution up close. So in example, if a downed opponent is crawling around, shooting them a few times more will execute them and going in for a special execution works too.

Keep in mind for the safecracker game mode you can only accrue an information point from a up close (physical) execution.

5 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

When you 'kill' an enemy there's a brief time the opposing team can revive the 'killed party member. They'll be able to crawl about until they bleed out. This is called a down.

A execution is when you kill them for good following a down. You can either shoot from afar or do a special execution up close. So in example, if a downed opponent is crawling around, shooting them a few times more will execute them and going in for a special execution works too.

Keep in mind for the safecracker game mode you can only accrue an information point from a up close (physical) execution.

What he said. 

You shoot them until they're on their knee - - - > downed

Kill them with your weapons after they've been downed - - - > execution

Get close to a downed enemy and trigger the killing animation - - - > special execution. 

30 minutes ago, DarthDeathscythe said:

First of all Varhur, play this game. Then you will have answers for most of your questions :)

Oh, i plan to, that's why i've made this thread, i'm just afraid that my lack of time will bust me and my 100% profile with it.

30 minutes ago, Varhur said:

will bust me and my 100% profile with it.

Let me stop you right there cause that changes literally everything about what you asked. The journeys shouldn't be your main concern then, cause you cannot expect to be able to reliably get the DLC trophies done alone.

The journey trophies are very easy to get but take about 18 hours to earn each one. I did my 1 of my journey trophies unboosted and I had no major issues. Keep your clan size as small as you can so you can always make your supply quota every match. A good clan size is between 30-40 people I think. Ignore all the events that won't kill 100% percent of your clan because they don't give you any benefits for trophy completion. Also, completing any challenge even by 1 tier makes the challenge harder next time you pick it. The easy challenges are giving your teammates items, healing teammates and marking enemies. The 100% instant fail events happen only after week 6 and there are only 5-6 of those events. Besides the instant failure events, the journey is easy to do.

I got a average of two downs per-game and died constantly. I mostly healed my teammates and crafted stuff for parts. I was always able to hit the supply quota every match that way. I didn't hit the quota 2-3 times because the other team had a near perfect game; not hitting is bad but it's very easy to recover from. 

Supply Raid was the only game mode that I could consistently find a match in. I did find some matches in interrogation once recently. Supply raid tends to consistently have the quickest matches of any game mode. Interrogation can have the quickest matches but the game usually ends in a stalemate until the timer expires unless one team has a significant advantage. I remember survivors having a lot of down time between rounds and having it take forever.

Doing the journeys un-boosted is 100% possible and is near infallible if you complete your instant fail challenges. 18 hours was a rough overestimate on my part (if every supply raid match took the full 15 minutes + you played everyday of the journey + some extra time to account for matchmaking and downtime). It's a better idea to boost to save time and you will definitely need to boost the DLC trophies anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

Let me stop you right there cause that changes literally everything about what you asked. The journeys shouldn't be your main concern then, cause you cannot expect to be able to reliably get the DLC trophies done alone.

I knew that Abandoned and Reclaimed Territories will require other people's help, i was asking for the journeys alone, because it seems like they might take a lot of time.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

I boosted the journeys, it can all be done in a single day if you play interrogation mode(the match with full boosters takes about 30-45 seconds)

Could you explain how that method works? Fastest method i've found was the 1/3 matches one.

Both journeys trophies are easy to do solo. Don't worry for the time - even playing legit all of the 168 matches, you shouldn't take more than a few days (maybe less than a week). Don't fear about the skilled players - you don't need to win or lose, just end. The real difficulty is to get your population alive. There are some missions that can carry out all of them, but if you choose the objectives carefully, these are very easy to get done.

No boosts, skills or a lot of time needed - just be patient and if you cannot do the mission, you can get out of the game with the PS button and the match will not count (just pay attention that your population don't starve because this will count as a "no supplies match" for them).

Edited by AN0n1m8

15 minutes ago, Varhur said:

I knew that Abandoned and Reclaimed Territories will require other people's help, i was asking for the journeys alone, because it seems like they might take a lot of time.

Could you explain how that method works? Fastest method i've found was the 1/3 matches one.

On interrogation you have to interrogate 4 enemies to find the safe location, and then when you open the safe, you win the match. We took turns winning and losing. What we did though was meet up in the middle and let them interrogate us, then they would go open the safe to win the match. Rinse and repeat taking turns

4 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

On interrogation you have to interrogate 4 enemies to find the safe location, and then when you open the safe, you win the match. We took turns winning and losing. What we did though was meet up in the middle and let them interrogate us, then they would go open the safe to win the match. Rinse and repeat taking turns

And how did you made sure that randoms won't interfere?