Slayer mastery to 40

Erkawest

Search for the Mastery you like the most. But it will be an endless Grind I think. Just one from the Beta has this Trophy. I am Level 23 and I think this is the only Trophy I will miss. But it's a Service Game, so lets wait for more and much easier Masteries in the Future to reach Level 40.

Edited by Sikutai

There's tons of easy ones like doing x amount of damage with each element of each weapon type. Or hunt X behemoth 10 times with a full set of their armor. The whole craft to +6, +10. Fill the xp bar challenges for weapons / behemoths. There's tons and tons of easy challenges.

Just for the record. I'm pretty sure I could be 40 right now if I cared even the slightest. I'm 32 and rarely go out of my way for them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

There's tons of easy ones like doing x amount of damage with each element of each weapon type. Or hunt X behemoth 10 times with a full set of their armor. The whole craft to +6, +10. Fill the xp bar challenges for weapons / behemoths. There's tons and tons of easy challenges.

Just for the record. I'm pretty sure I could be 40 right now if I cared even the slightest. I'm 32 and rarely go out of my way for them.

You are just a Talker. And Talker make me hungry. I will eat 2 chicken.

• Like 4

On 6/6/2019 at 7:27 AM, NekoRave said:

Crafting all weapons to +6 +10

And getting all hunts beaten solo no damage under 3 mins.

Just beat shroud in under 3 mins solo with my setup.

You don't need to get to level 50 so 40 is very doable 

Also waiting for masteries won't change anything tbh.

It'll just be threat level 17 hunts lol

You mind telling us that setup? Very interested to hear..

Honestly don’t think you have to do all this.. being straight up with you all.. I’m level 33 and all I’ve done is get my mastery up with every weapon.. my pike is my highest at 16, but all my other weapons are 10 or above, but there’s work to be done still.. I imagine that I will hit 40 without having to do the solo no damage or the beat heroics in under 3 mins.. seriously, you will get XP for fighting every behemoth and once you hit a certain point on that behemoth’s respective XP bar you will get another mastery check mark.. so I’m pretty certain it’s not hard to hit 40 just time consuming..

edit: thought it would be obvious, so I didn’t mention before, but obviously you wanna craft everything that you can and get it as high as you can by grinding out patrols. Also, work on crafting entire sets of boss gear and then fight that boss 10 times for another check mark.. by then you should be able to get that boss armor to +6 or +10 depending on how you played beforehand (i.e. obviously you’re not going to fight shrowd or rezakiri with their armor equipped but not enhancing and upgrading it a LOT beforehand)

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
Clarification

6 hours ago, NekoRave said:

It'll probably get Patched out soon if it hasn't on the 1.03 Patch.

Glitch has been around for a year but I used videos to learn it.

Hard to explain but watch the vids and replicate them.

Basically charge holster r1 and don't move much

Is it the glitch where the behemoth just follows you around and barely attacks? Seems to happen to me quite often

I believe it was NOT patched yet..

https://playdauntless.com/patch-notes/ob-0-8-2

Nothing against those that use it, more power to you, but after my feelings towards those that cheesed everything in Sekiro, I just can’t cheese/glitch/exploit anymore.. I just feel dirty and wrong doing it.. but more power to you if you don’t mind!

On 6/9/2019 at 0:59 AM, NekoRave said:

I just wanted free nodes for progress while I can.

Help reduce the mindless grind

I saw someone doing the glitch just yesterday.. lol.. the behemoth didn’t take to kindly to it.. he started targeting only that lone spearman. I’ve been switching it up lately but I’m super close to getting my godhand to a +9 or better and then ultimately I will be able to craft the hunger and even the exotic fire helm (can’t remember its name), as well.. been grinding away, a couple of hours or so, every day after work.. it adds up. Been contemplating that 30 day double patrol bonus boost.. it would help out A TON and it would help shave some hours off of this grind but my gear isn’t exactly where I want it to be to start grinding out heroics.. don’t get me wrong, I can still do heroic patrols all day, it’s just I wanna be able to own them and breeze by with no issues, so I have a bit more to grind out in order to do so.. gotten good with all weapons, really.. could use a bit more strategy with my repeaters build, but everything else is pretty damn solid.. once you start getting into each weapon specific build and you got the cells to match how you wanna play, the game becomes that much more enjoyable, knowing your play style will be able to put in work for whatever the situation calls for.. certain behemoths are better suited for equipping certain weapon types and strategies (cell wise, etc) and that’s where the joy comes in.. 

• Like 1

I popped +10 all weapons yesterday so now need to focus on getting my mastery up to 40... So I guess crafting all weapons, upgrading them to +6 etc will do it. Just need to tick off one box for it to add slayer mastery xp right?

21 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I popped +10 all weapons yesterday so now need to focus on getting my mastery up to 40... So I guess crafting all weapons, upgrading them to +6 etc will do it. Just need to tick off one box for it to add slayer mastery xp right?

Every tick counts toward slayer level and pretty much everything you do in the game will raise your slayer level or at least progress a bar towards a tick in some way or another

On 6/9/2019 at 0:39 AM, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Nothing against those that use it, more power to you, but after my feelings towards those that cheesed everything in Sekiro, I just can’t cheese/glitch/exploit anymore.. I just feel dirty and wrong doing it.. but more power to you if you don’t mind!

What is the Sekiro cheese? You've piqued my curiosity

But yeah, for the mastery question, just make as many weapons as you can and grind patrols to be able to upgrade them. Getting each weapon's EXP objectives done is a great way to farm Mastery XP as well. Acidic is also a fantastic Cell to take just to get added Wound damage on Behemoths to work toward those Objectives! (Acidic +3 is really all you need to do decent Wound damage)

18 minutes ago, Burgins said:

What is the Sekiro cheese? You've piqued my curiosity

But yeah, for the mastery question, just make as many weapons as you can and grind patrols to be able to upgrade them. Getting each weapon's EXP objectives done is a great way to farm Mastery XP as well. Acidic is also a fantastic Cell to take just to get added Wound damage on Behemoths to work toward those Objectives! (Acidic +3 is really all you need to do decent Wound damage)

Sekiro... the game.. how every boss can be cheesed and how that’s just how gaming is nowadays.. everyone wants to queso games

9 minutes ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Sekiro... the game.. how every boss can be cheesed and how that’s just how gaming is nowadays.. everyone wants to queso games

I more meant like what the specific cheese was that people were using, but I'm assuming it's like different for each boss?

18 hours ago, Burgins said:

I more meant like what the specific cheese was that people were using, but I'm assuming it's like different for each boss?

Yeah it’s different.. like baiting a boss into a certain attack that he will perform.. or spamming the same nighthjar slash against lady butterfly.. which by the way, fought her legit before the spam cheese was even a thing, and at the time, she was by far one of the hardest bosses in the game.. hell, in any game.. if you think about it, lady butterfly is one of the first, and possibly the very first, real boss of Sekiro.. at this point in time, you’re not as experienced and as good as you are after playing further into it.. your character isn’t evolved nearly as much, as well.. your equipment isn’t that good, shinobi prosthetics, Estus flasks, etc.. so yes, at that point in the game, lady butterfly is a beast.. a real pain.. and when you beat her, and yes, I mean REALLY beat her legitimately.. it’s an awesome feeling of accomplishment.. and you get that feeling from every boss in Sekiro.. it’s amazing..

Well i just hit Slayer level 35 and got the 20 Axe Mastery, so I'm getting there, but the grind is real.

I found that the godhand infinite laser glitch isnt as useful as one would think for the slayer 40 trophy, since the bulk of your mastery points will be getting the 2 exp mastery points on every weapon and +6 upgrading every weapon. I found the best way to get mastery is to use a weapon until i get the first 2 EXP mastery points and then moving onto another one while farming up mats via patrols to get +6s and the occasional +10, it rolls together very nicely. Overusing the godhand glitch will just leave you with a bunch of exp busywork that you would've got naturally if you used other weapons.

Good luck on the grind for those going for the Mastery 40, try and get the 3m and under 100 damage mastery points while the glitch is still active and after doing that, just use other weapons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Orphioon said:

Good luck on the grind for those going for the Mastery 40, try and get the 3m and under 100 damage mastery points while the glitch is still active and after doing that, just use other weapons.

Can somebody explain this glitch or provide a link?

Edited by Erkawest

14 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Can somebody explain this glitch or provide a link?

To do the glitch, equip the godhand, go into a hunt, then charge up the pike to whatever level (it doesnt matter how charged it is, so just 2 hits in quick succession is enough for the first tier charge) and then roll and a few frames after you press the roll button tap R1, if done right you will go into the infinite laser animation.

Some tips, the closer you are the more damage you do, and if the hunt cant reach you, then he will self heal, making the battle take much longer then it should, so try and stay in relatively close proximity.

As tempting as it is, try not to do it in public hunts (I'm guilty of doing this a few times) It's annoying to a lot of the players trying to hunt properly, and you can easily get mastery doing the glitch in private, ideally with another friend so he can tank while you laser the boss uninterrupted.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:45 PM, Orphioon said:

Well i just hit Slayer level 35 and got the 20 Axe Mastery, so I'm getting there, but the grind is real.

I found that the godhand infinite laser glitch isnt as useful as one would think for the slayer 40 trophy, since the bulk of your mastery points will be getting the 2 exp mastery points on every weapon and +6 upgrading every weapon. I found the best way to get mastery is to use a weapon until i get the first 2 EXP mastery points and then moving onto another one while farming up mats via patrols to get +6s and the occasional +10, it rolls together very nicely. Overusing the godhand glitch will just leave you with a bunch of exp busywork that you would've got naturally if you used other weapons.

Yeah I might do this, nearly 36 now and the grind only gets more and more painful as time goes on.. got all my weapons mastery to +12 or more with my pike at 16 already so might as well do the godhand stuff

32 minutes ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Yeah I might do this, nearly 36 now and the grind only gets more and more painful as time goes on.. got all my weapons mastery to +12 or more with my pike at 16 already so might as well do the godhand stuff

Does the Elite Hunt pass boost experience gained on weapons by 1.5x or also the Slayer mastery by 1.5x? Would it help to purchase Elite Hunt pass?

58 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

I finally reached the slayer level 40! holy mother of god, the grind is VERY REAL!! 

I'm the person #12 reaching the 100% of this game on the leaderboard :dance:

Listening some good music while grinding really helps to make it less painful. Good luck.

Congrats, there was only 1 person for awhile, but now people are rapidly earning the trophy, it seems like the people who were aiming for it are all coming around now.

I'm close to hitting 38, so I'll be joining you guys soon.

• Like 1