1 Month On... is 71% on Metacritic Accurate?

PhantomFear94

I enjoyed the game quite a bit. As far as personal tastes go i'd put it above many other Sony titles like Horizon or Spiderman (not that those games aren't great, i just liked days gone more). Most the comments about it seemed to be about either bugs or not being entirely new or revolutionary - as far as not being inventive goes i don't understand the complaint one bit. Open world games have existed for a long time and every single one of them is just a vague copy of an element from some other game, being tired of the formula is fair enough but rating the game bad for it is not. And as far as the bugs go - i played pre-patch and i didn't find it to be half as bad as people say. There were bugs of course, most annoying of which was a frame rate drop while riding the bike later in the game, but 99% of the bugs i found were just being caused by binging the game to long and were gone with a quick restart.

I say the 71% is spot on. It’s a good game and there’s some fun to be had but it falls short when compared to other stellar Sony exclusives. My biggest issues with days gone is the stretched out story that doesn’t do anything interesting, majority of the characters are bland or not properly fleshed out, the gunplay feels weightless and there’s some minor technical issues. You’ll have a good time and get your money’s worth since it’s pretty long but don’t expect anything great.