How to get Online Pass now?

Varhur

I have used physical copy and i've noticed that the add-on bundle is missing an online pass. When i've searched for it, "the site was unable to be found", so in other words, most likely delisted. How can i access multiplayer now? Can it be accessed without the pass or do i need to get myself digital/new physical copy?

12 minutes ago, Varhur said:

I have used physical copy and i've noticed that the add-on bundle is missing an online pass. When i've searched for it, "the site was unable to be found", so in other words, most likely delisted. How can i access multiplayer now? Can it be accessed without the pass or do i need to get myself digital/new physical copy?

Here's how to find the online pass

lfAtnRf.jpg

ZDrqVtU.jpg

• Like 2

I have the same problem. I have a physical game, not used (I bought it brand new) and it came with a code in it. But when I enter this code it says it has expired, even though there's no indication of an expiration date on the booklet.

I searched the store, there's no network pass anywhere. I downloaded the bundle, it contains a shitload of useless items, including something that "unlocks faction mode". I downloaded everything and it still doesn't work. Everytime I try to access the MP it asks for this damn code.

And "Dlc" in the main menu has nothing in it, at least in belgian store.

I was gonna get these MP trophies before it's over but because of this issue I can't play it at all. No platinum for me I guess.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Devil-Danna said:

I have the same problem. I have a physical game, not used (I bought it brand new) and it came with a code in it. But when I enter this code it says it has expired, even though there's no indication of an expiration date on the booklet.

I searched the store, there's no network pass anywhere. I downloaded the bundle, it contains a shitload of useless items, including something that "unlocks faction mode". I downloaded everything and it still doesn't work. Everytime I try to access the MP it asks for this damn code.

And "Dlc" in the main menu has nothing in it, at least in belgian store.

I was gonna get these MP trophies before it's over but because of this issue I can't play it at all. No platinum for me I guess.

Same situation with the german store.. they removed both the Network Pass and the Left Behind DLC - only the Standalone DLC is available as of now.. hope they fix that mess.

2 hours ago, igs63 said:

Having the same issue with the Aussie store- both the online pass and left behind appear to be delisted. What a pain, I really wanted to 100% this game...

Left behind is still downloadable as a standalone DLC. Online pass is gone though. Very upset.

19 hours ago, jayycarr08 said:

Left behind is still downloadable as a standalone DLC. Online pass is gone though. Very upset.

Yeah- I found out after posting that the standalone trophies still feed into the main game- whew! As for the online pass, I just caved and bought a digital copy. You don't need an online pass for that.

3 hours ago, ahmwe said:

Yeah if you look at the paper that comes with the game. There is an expired date am sure because I had the same situation ( for US region ).

So trying to get online with a used copy and the free bundle for US players will not work? thanks in advance

14 hours ago, JohzyDeMartin said:

So trying to get online with a used copy and the free bundle for US players will not work? thanks in advance

I got new physical with US region but the code was expired even thou if it's new, I got the online pass from US store. 

16 minutes ago, ahmwe said:

I got new physical with US region but the code was expired even thou if it's new, I got the online pass from US store. 

So you bought the 9.99 online pass from the PS store even tho you had already bought a new game, right?

Can you (anyone) confirm that the new Free Bundle DLC doesn't include an online pass, for US region

Yub right, I already checked my account in ps store I bought the bundle & I can confirm that the online pass will come with it because the online pass showed me that I didn't buy it & to confirm that more it showed the cost 9.99 USD. I went to the game & I can get to online & didn't ask me for the online pass. 

I might have just found a way that could work for all the players outside the US that can't get on; myself included until just now when I completed a match and actually got a trophy (a DLC one, too). I'm hoping this works for you all as well. 

When I purchased the free dlc pack Naughty Dog put out as the servers are closing I purchased it on the PS store on my laptop and downloaded it through my download list on my PS3. That did not work. INSTEAD, what you should do is go on the PS store on your PS3 console itself. Find the add on pack and download it from there. (I didn't background download it, I let it all download and install on it's own, not sure if you need to do this, but might want to just in case.)

Next, make sure the game has the latest patch installed and load the game. From here click on the "factions MP" and immediately press the PS button. The "connecting screen" will load in the background... Now, you're gonna want to wait till the connecting screen has fully loaded the progress bar once, then as it seems to be loading it again from the start, press the PS button again. It should say "The Facebook features on the PS3 system are no longer available.". Click circle and it should load you in.

A little sidenote, it does take a while on my PS3 to load, 30 seconds to a minute, and on one time I thought it froze as the progress bar didn't "complete" and restart loading again, but I pressed the PS button and it still worked anyway... 

I know that sounds really confusing, but hopefully it helps anyone to get online who couldn't before!

I'm gonna post this message in all of the new forums that mention this problem in hopes of helping as many as possible.

• Like 1

Well I can say that method doesnt work on my game atleast, all I get after pressing  factions is the online agreement wall text and after that it right away asks about the online pass. I might have agreed on buying new one if that was actually available on my region but ofc it isnt. So the only way now for me would be to also cave in to buy digital copy, but im not gonna spend 20 euros just to get these trophies...

Ive said it before and I say it again, during PS3 era atleast Sony has utterly laughable way to deal with PSN, DLC/online content lacking entirely on some regions and then this kind of Online Pass policy at lat stages of PS3 era....I thought my Online Pass was from used copy, cause I never thought these things could expire,but apparently thats what has happened to my online pass and to many others.

Well saves me the time atleast trying to get these done, but again one of the reasons Im glad I stick with 360 for most of my games, cause even if XBLA wasnt free, atleast I never run into these kind of issues.

Edited by Balnazzardi