Free Survival Difficulty Mode DLC - Available Today (6/6)

Pokedude97

2 hours ago, FranciRoosters said:

So, I got the chance to play Survival Difficulty for a while and let me tell you guys, whether you enjoyed the game or not, this is going to feel very grindy. Wait for NG+ if it ever releases or take a big break before going at this again if you've recently finished the game. If you don't, it's most likely going to feel like a chore.

This is what I've noticed.

1. You die in three hits
  2. No HUD whatsoever, nothing
  3. No Fast Travel
  4. No Survival Vision
  5. Impossible to change the difficulty as you play
  6. No load-out from previous saves
  7. Expect another 80 hours.

I beat all 5 Uncharted games on Crushing and recently the 1st 3 games on Brutal, this should be a piece of cake compared to that haha

Was playing for an hour or so, it's not that hard, maybe cause I'm used to games like this, or since I already played through it. The mini map, along with health and stamina show when in tracking mode by pressing the R3 stick. Even if I was new to this, I still wouldn't start on this mode, play through it first and enjoy it. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

4 hours ago, diskdocx said:

You people should really stop buying games near launch if you dislike having extra trophy content added shortly after you finish the game. Just wait a year. If it doesn't get updated by then, most likely never will.

Two Worlds II is getting its final DLC this year, 9 years after launch. I know it's an exception (like Rome II & Borderlands 2), but still, you never know.

I wonder if there is a point in doing this right now, i just started a survival run (it's pretty damn hard IMO) 

Won't they release a NG+ at some point and shouldn't we wait for that to avoid a potential full 3rd playthrough???

Let me know what you guys think. ✌️

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HusKy said:

Okay, this is actually huge for us newcomers. 1f44c.png

Actually it isn't, you can't unlock some of the skills cause they're not available during Survival, so you can't Unlock 45 skills for a Trophy, locking you out of the Platinum. Might as well just enjoy the game on an easier difficulty first, it will make life easier getting the other Trophies. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna get the plat then move on to other stuff for a few months. If they end up also putting in a NG+ trophy and I can run the second playthrough with all my upgrades and weapons on Survival, I'd be cool with that. But as much as I love this game, i think I need about 6 months playing other things before coming back to this. It's quite a time commitment.

I don't mind doing it again and I don't care about new game plus. Just started on survival and I still like it.

BUT they removed fast travel .... that might really kill the fun later in the game. I don't mind a little grind in a game I like, but this might really get annoying.

well I guess it's a good reason to play again in a year or so... but why THIS instead of "finish ng+" for bronze and "finish ng+ on survival" for the gold? just stupid

in the end they will add a ng+ mode but you won't be able to play it on survival... mark my words (hope I'm wrong)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'm gonna get the plat then move on to other stuff for a few months. If they end up also putting in a NG+ trophy and I can run the second playthrough with all my upgrades and weapons on Survival, I'd be cool with that. But as much as I love this game, i think I need about 6 months playing other things before coming back to this. It's quite a time commitment.

Did exactly this with HZD and Spiderman. Difference is, this game is 60+ hours to complete, and as you mention no NG+ means this will suck. I went from a maybe to a hard no on this game. I knew trophies were coming, but I presumed they'd be NG+. 

I have 0 problems playing it again but I hoped Survival would be more than just a higher difficulty with no HUD and harder hitting enemies. I was hoping new mechanics would be added, like being forced to sleep, scavenging for food/water etc with the whole "ugh needed that" line repeated every time u pick something up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

Is is true that there is no pointer where to go next? That's kinda dumb if true, because even if you played the game, you don't know each location you have to go... 

You have the map still, plus press the R3 button (right control stick) while on foot or bike for the route to show for a very short time. Even if not doing that, you can still put a marker on the map, it will still show how far you are away on the screen, same with missions you select, just follow the numbers. Everything on Survival is not as bad as you would think. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1