Free Survival Difficulty Mode DLC - Available Today (6/6)

Pokedude97

2 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya ima wait a bit to see if NG+ gets added,  started out with nothing upgraded again would feel like complete ass.

Actually, forcing players to complete the game on higher difficultly without skills and upgrades can be described just as you mentioned. Really wiered decision from Sony Bend. Can't believe that only because of one single trophy it's necessary to waste about 60 more hours for the game, you already completed. Really hope some day they'll add NG+

Just now, LazyJournalist said:

Actually, forcing players to complete the game on higher difficultly without skills and upgrades can be described just as you mentioned. Really wiered decision from Sony Bend. Can't believe that only because of one single trophy it's necessary to waste about 60 more hours for the game, you already completed. Really hope some day they'll add NG+

Ya I don't plan on doing Survival difficulty until I forget most of the story so like 6 months or so,  by then hopefully there is NG+.

I'm sick of this multiple playthrough design philosophy through locked or DLC difficulties, and easy AAA exclusive Platinums.

Either include that trophy from the beginning with difficulty unlocked and every trophy attainable within 1 playthrough for those who want the challenge and minimal time investment, or don't add them at all like God of War did (a game which I would mind a 2nd playthrough far less than Days Gone because after you know the story/ mystery of DG, a lot of the missions will seem like a slog. Not to mention the forced walking segments and the most exciting gameplay, the hordes, not introduced until late and being mostly optional).

• Like 1

They said before the game came out that in June there would be a survivor difficulty with new trophies!  People this wasn't a surprise it was pre-announced! Is playing the game a 2nd time new content?  Not really.  It's how they make you feel like your getting something free.    However, we had fair warning on this one.

• Like 1

I doubt I will ever attempt this. I am playing the campaign now and for the most part I don't like multiple play throughs of a game. I really have to like the game to do multiple play throughs. I do like Days Gone but enough for another go at it. 

I liked Spider-Man and Horizon much more and haven't done the New game plus play throughs yet.

14 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Borderlands 1 JAP is even worse.

Yup, and I am worried this will happen again with the new BL2 DLC, which is apparently only for the PS4. Wouldn't be shocked to see it added to the PS3 list, even if that version doesn't get the DLC release

It was hard enough killing that giant horde at the sawmill on normal difficulty. Have no interest attempting it on survival difficulty. Yeah it sucks seeing it go from an S to an A on my trophy profile but I'm not so OCD about trophies that I would spend 60+ hours just to get 100% and one gold trophy. Good luck to everyone else trying it though.

• Like 1

I don't see where people are getting 60 plus hours, I'm flying through this game, no detours wandering, already several missions through at Iron Mike's. Survival is not hard at all, takes just as many hits to kill an enemy on Survival as Normal, sure you take a bit more damage, just be careful about confronted by enemies, but plenty of supplies and ammo, not scarce like Grounded mode on The Last Of Us. I've never run out of bandages, medkits, or any supplies, like I said before, just press R3 stick to show your way with the map (on foot or bike) and follow the numbers showing the distance, Fast Travel cut off isn't that bad and doesn't take that much time. After I beat this over a month ago, I waited on purpose to replay it, even though I wanted to so bad, just didn't want to get bored a 3rd time so soon. So far I think Survival is kind of a joke, not hard at all and not much different. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Yup, and I am worried this will happen again with the new BL2 DLC, which is apparently only for the PS4. Wouldn't be shocked to see it added to the PS3 list, even if that version doesn't get the DLC release

I'm not sure how they won't release it for the PS3 because otherwise it would break the whole cross save process.

On 06/06/2019 at 5:30 PM, Pokedude97 said:

RIP. There goes my 100%. I'm definitely not replaying it in survival mode after I just spent over a month getting through the game, lol.

Wow

5 hours ago, caseyelsie said:

It was hard enough killing that giant horde at the sawmill on normal difficulty. Have no interest attempting it on survival difficulty. Yeah it sucks seeing it go from an S to an A on my trophy profile but I'm not so OCD about trophies that I would spend 60+ hours just to get 100% and one gold trophy. Good luck to everyone else trying it though.

Oh no

On 6/6/2019 at 5:50 PM, HusKy said:

Never mind. Apparently some of the skills are not available, thus the platinum cannot be obtained on this difficulty.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:23 AM, Nitemares----- said:

Actually it isn't, you can't unlock some of the skills cause they're not available during Survival, so you can't Unlock 45 skills for a Trophy, locking you out of the Platinum.

Is this confirmed? The 3 abilities have a check mark next to them when you start survival difficulty, as if they were unlocked like any other perk. It just has red text underneath saying they can't be used.

4 hours ago, CaptHowdy_91 said:

Is this confirmed? The 3 abilities have a check mark next to them when you start survival difficulty, as if they were unlocked like any other perk. It just has red text underneath saying they can't be used.

The Trophy is Unlock 45 Skills, since you start at Skill Level 1, that means maxed out to Level 46.

On my Survival playthrough right now, I'm on Skill Level 17, I counted how many I unlocked, it was 16, not counting the 3 blocked for Survival. If it would count, I'd be at 19.

I would seriously not try to see and start on Survival, because pretty much to get all 45 Skills, you practically have to do everything in the game. Instead of bolting through Survival like I am right now skipping some missions and no wandering, and knowing the game from my other playthrough, you'll be doing everything on Survival. If the trophy doesn't unlock, you'll have to start completely over and do all that work again, so doing that to save time, will actually take longer. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

On 6/6/2019 at 3:48 PM, Nitemares----- said:

I beat all 5 Uncharted games on Crushing and recently the 1st 3 games on Brutal, this should be a piece of cake compared to that haha

Agreed, just beat it a few mins ago and it was a walk in the park compared to those titles.

Edited by demonoutcast
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 10:51 PM, FranciRoosters said:

Yeah, Survival Vision isn't there. Crosshair is there. Yeah, you have to buy all weapons again.

Survival Vision is there but only for 5 seconds at a time. You can spam it wherever you go, even on the bike :D 

6 hours ago, demonoutcast said:

Agreed, just beat it a few mins ago and it was a walk in the park compared to those games.

I'm already at Wizard Island doing Missions, I should be done soon, but Survival is nothing compared to some other game difficulties I've played. 

• Like 1

How possible is it to get through this game on Survivor on 1st playthrough, and is it even a good idea?

I've been waiting for them since launch to fix the game as much as possible, so i didn't play it yet.

Too long and frustrating main story, then I am not already informed myself about what difficulties are added in Survival mode. 

I've read on an Italian website two weeks ago that fast travel will be not available... Is that correct? ? 2 km just walking every time yeah sure ?? ? luckily I'll earn more trophies this month with Warhammer Chaosbane, CTR, Redeemer, The Sinking City and I'd rather spend 50 hours more farming better gears on The Division 2 for Raid trophy. 

Don't care about 100% whole Days Gone 

1 hour ago, Bunkerbudy said:

How long did it take you? Also, did you skip a lot? Like camps etc?

I actually beat it on Survival an hour and a half ago, I didn't skip cut scenes, because I wanted to watch them again. Took me about 4 days, of course I didn't play it nonstop. 

I rarely did any nests, just to get some residue nests, only main story jobs & bounties, main story ripper & marauder camps. Also I only did Nero checkpoints I came across, so I guess I only had half stamina & health, about a quarter for focus.

An easy way to beat camps are with the residue bolts and watch them kill themselves, it's actually hilarious watching 1 go berserk on its buddies, great way if you're having problems, let them do all the work.

• Like 1