Pokedude97

Free Survival Difficulty Mode DLC - Available Today (6/6)

113 posts in this topic

I started my playthrough yesterday morning. It is much easier compared to grounded mode on TLOU meaning things aren't as scarce, and just overall difficulty wise. Was this difficulty available from the start though? I made this account new specifically to speed run through the game before even realizing this was a trophy

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnipeBear_ said:

I started my playthrough yesterday morning. It is much easier compared to grounded mode on TLOU meaning things aren't as scarce, and just overall difficulty wise. Was this difficulty available from the start though? I made this account new specifically to speed run through the game before even realizing this was a trophy

As you are asking: survivor difficulty was not available from the start and was added last week or so. 

And agreed. Way easier than Grounded on TLOU.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain_Bone_666 said:

As you are asking: survivor difficulty was not available from the start and was added last week or so. 

And agreed. Way easier than Grounded on TLOU.

Awesome! But I meant do you have to beat the campaign once to unlock it? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SnipeBear_ said:

Awesome! But I meant do you have to beat the campaign once to unlock it? 

Since I finished the game before Survival was available I do not have first hand experience, but as far as I read here, you don't have to beat the game first on a lower difficulty. If you start the game now, it should be available from the start.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, SnipeBear_ said:

I started my playthrough yesterday morning. It is much easier compared to grounded mode on TLOU meaning things aren't as scarce, and just overall difficulty wise. Was this difficulty available from the start though? I made this account new specifically to speed run through the game before even realizing this was a trophy

 

You'll be locked out of the Platinum, because one of the Trophies is Unlock 45 Skills, and 3 of them are Unavailable in Survival. Just start the game on an easier difficulty, with fast travel and other things, make life easier. Then do what I did and bolt through Survival, you'll know what you're doing. Plus to unlock 45 Skills, you have to do almost everything. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

 

You'll be locked out of the Platinum, because one of the Trophies is Unlock 45 Skills, and 3 of them are Unavailable in Survival. Just start the game on an easier difficulty, with fast travel and other things, make life easier. Then do what I did and bolt through Survival, you'll know what you're doing. Plus to unlock 45 Skills, you have to do almost everything. 

You wont be locked out of the platinum because they have a checkmark , you just dont have access to the ability in survival mode

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PACKSTER69 said:

You wont be locked out of the platinum because they have a checkmark , you just dont have access to the ability in survival mode

 

You will be locked out because it's UNLOCK, not checkmark and can't use that ability. I explained that on my Survival run that those 3 abilities didn't count on for Skill Level. But be my guest and test it for everyone LMAO, just will take longer for that 100% to save some time. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

 

You will be locked out because it's UNLOCK, not checkmark and can't use that ability. I explained that on my Survival run that those 3 abilities didn't count on for Skill Level. But be my guest and test it for everyone LMAO, just will take longer for that 100% to save some time. 

I’m pretty sure it won’t lock you out of the platinum. I started Survival as my first playthrough and under the Trophies section in the game menu it states that I already have 3/45 skills unlocked for that trophy. Plus, the first time I died the “UNLOCK your first skill” trophy popped for me before I even earned a skill. Apparently it counted the 3 Survival skills that are unavailable.

Edited by SOLID_WOOD
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SOLID_WOOD said:

I’m pretty sure it won’t lock you out of the platinum. I started Survival as my first playthrough and under the Trophies section in the game menu it states that I already have 3/45 skills unlocked for that trophy. Plus, the first time I died the “earn your first skill” trophy popped for me before I even earned a skill. Apparently it counted the 3 Survival skills that are unavailable.

 

Well when I played my Survival run, when I checked mid game, I already unlocked 16 myself, not counting the 3 not available and showed checked, showed I was on Level 17, not 20. I guess it doesn't really matter if it locks you out or not, I've already got 100% anyways, starting the game on Survival without fast travel to do everything, would be annoying if anything. I went fast through Survival and to the point cause I knew where to go and what to do, without having to go out of my way. I've also noticed in Survival there were a lot more ambushes than the other modes, just got annoying everytime you barely on the bike, a wolf, sniper or freaker would be there to attack you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody confirmed if Survival locks you out of the Platinum?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be NG+?  I'm gonna start my survival run later today or tomorrow and don't wanna start now to find out that if I waited a bit I could go fully decked out.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 6/14/2019 at 7:55 AM, FranciRoosters said:

Has anybody confirmed if Survival locks you out of the Platinum?

I can confirm you can get the 45 skill trophy in Survival mode, I just unlocked it today.

I am on Survival mode and have the trophy now. This means only one playthrough is needed, for those that haven't started yet.

It will unlock at level 43, or 42 if you have the pre-order bonus that gave an additional unlocked skill at the start.

Edited by CaptHowdy_91
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not doing that then. My friend wanted me to play again because she "likes this game" I am definitely NOT playing that now. You can't fast travel, plus the dying in 3 hits thing? yeah, no

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

I am not doing that then. My friend wanted me to play again because she "likes this game" I am definitely NOT playing that now. You can't fast travel, plus the dying in 3 hits thing? yeah, no

 

Damage difficulty isn't to bad, just keep moving vs freaks and lots of cover vs humans.

 

Survival mode is more annoying than difficult because of the lack of fast travel and having to press R3 all the time to see your stuff.... specially when driving from A to B.  Only real difficult part (for me) was the braker boss and the first mandatory horde.

 

 

 

Hope Sony or whoever makes trophies stop doing this garbage of adding extra diffs after release.  Either do it like GOW4 (best trophy list of all time) or if you are gonna go with It, add NG+ so it isn't so annoying.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather have it on a new game+. I HATE when they do this with games. To me, it's very annoying and grindy

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 6.6.2019 at 7:19 PM, Thrintus said:

 

Should've learned your lesson after Horizon. 1f604.png

 

And also after Metro Exodus 😄

Edited by Calypox
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.6.2019 at 5:57 PM, CaptHowdy_91 said:

I can confirm you can get the 45 skill trophy in Survival mode, I just unlocked it today.

I am on Survival mode and have the trophy now. This means only one playthrough is needed, for those that haven't started yet.

It will unlock at level 43, or 42 if you have the pre-order bonus that gave an additional unlocked skill at the start.

 

Thanks for sharing your intel on this!

I wasn't sure if I should start the game on my first playthrough on survival mode.

But now I definitely will :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously got hit twice and instant KO... to me, this isn't fun anymore

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 11:52 AM, sealightbreeze said:

I seriously got hit twice and instant KO... to me, this isn't fun anymore

 

It was easy to me, probably because I've played many other games like this. What parts are you having difficulty with? I do know there's way more ambushes and wolf attacks mostly in Survival, which makes it irritating.

 

I just wish they had unstackable trophies for every difficulty, for multiple playthroughs, just for these so called "Trophy Hunters". 😜

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.6.2019 at 8:52 PM, sealightbreeze said:

I seriously got hit twice and instant KO... to me, this isn't fun anymore

 

Hey mate,

 

I started the game on survival and I must say it felt hard in the beginning but after a few hours I totally got used to playing kinda stealthy and hiding behind obstacles in gunfights. Once you get the hang of it, it will be fun. Just don't give up :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22. 6. 2019 at 0:49 AM, Nitemares----- said:

I just wish they had unstackable trophies for every difficulty, for multiple playthroughs, just for these so called "Trophy Hunters". 1f61c.png

 

Why exactly?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 2:52 PM, sealightbreeze said:

I seriously got hit twice and instant KO... to me, this isn't fun anymore

 

Level up your health.  I think I had 5 on health, 3-4 on stamina and 2 on slow aim (forget the names 😂) by the end.  Again, stealth is your best friend vs freaks and cover vs humans.

 

 

 

 

 

43 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

 

Why exactly?

 

Hes just trolling.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2019 at 4:52 AM, sealightbreeze said:

I seriously got hit twice and instant KO... to me, this isn't fun anymore

 

I'm about 3/4 through my survival play through. It is also my first play through for Days Gone. It stated off hard as you are very weak compared to anything more than a few freakers. Here are some tips based on my experience:

  • Stealth if your best friend early for freaks and camps.
  • If you get spotted in camps, roll to the nearest cover. Watch out for people flanking you.
  • If fighting 3 freaks or less use melee to save ammo early in the game. This matters less as you upgrade your ammo capacity. Remember to repair your melee weapon. Hit once or twice then roll away.
  • I upgraded Focus and stamina first mixing upgrades between the two as I want to keep as much distance between me and enemies and do the most efficient damage.
  • Skills upgraded first were Ranged skills and Melee to dish out as much damage as I could.
  • Heal as soon as you get hit, as two hits will kill you may have to restart area or horde. There are plenty of resources to craft bandages.
  • Start on the 'Horde Killer' story line once you have a decent primary weapon and skills in the ranged category. The reason why is that after defeating a few hordes you get access to some great weapons which makes things a whole lot easier.
    • SMP9 (Side-arm SMG): Complete 15% Of ‘Horde Killer’ Storyline - great for clearing camps and dealing with single enemies.
    • Auto Shotgun (Drum Mag Shotgun): Complete 25% Of ‘Horde Killer’ Storyline - excellent at crowd control. 16 shot clip that fires full auto and has a fast reload.
    • SMP9 Mag Upgrade (Magazine Upgrade): Complete 35% Of ‘Horde Killer’ Storyline - magazine size increases to 50!

My tactics for hordes were attack them during the day in their caves, throw an attractor to get them to bunch up, throw a few molotov or pipe bomb in the middle of the group, unload on them with machine gun or auto shotgun. Sprint back if the horde gets close, unload on them, repeat. Remember, you can climb up and down things faster than freakers so use it to your advantage. Try to use choke points to your advantage too.

 

The hordes in the Cascade region are very small compared to those later in the game. I tackled them as soon as I got the machine gun (about 1/3 of the way through the story or by getting to L3 trust with tuckers camp but I could have done it sooner. The machine gun decimates hordes. Initially it has a clip of about 55 bullets. Once you get to L3 trust with Tucker you can upgrade it to 95 bullets!

 

Hope this helps.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

 

Why exactly?

 

17 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

 

Hes just trolling.

 

I actually like multiple playthroughs, I actually enjoy a game, not just for Trophies. Yes I do wish for unstackable multiple playthroughs, just so these "Trophy Hunters" have to go through the same game over and over. Yes it's called trolling if you have a different opinion, too funny.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Nitemares----- said:

I actually like multiple playthroughs, I actually enjoy a game, not just for Trophies. Yes I do wish for unstackable multiple playthroughs, just so these "Trophy Hunters" have to go through the same game over and over. Yes it's called trolling if you have a different opinion, too funny.

 

Why would you want somebody else to go through the game over and over, though? It's not like you're enjoying it, everybody else is enjoying it. Sorry, I still don't get it.

 

And why are you telling us, you're actually enjoying a game like it's something special. I'm also enjoying games. I mean, why else would I play them?

Edited by BloodyRutz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.