Free Survival Difficulty Mode DLC - Available Today (6/6)

Pokedude97

3 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

Why would you want somebody else to go through the game over and over, though? It's not like you're enjoying it, everybody else is enjoying it. Sorry, I still don't get it.

And why are you telling us, you're actually enjoying a game like it's something special. I'm also enjoying games. I mean, why else would I play them?

If you actually read some of the comments, people are complaining about even 1 playthrough, or the games too long or some other BS. Some people only play games for trophies and play any stupid game for a Platinum. I'm not going to play a game if I don't like it, I'm not going to make it a chore and waste my time for some digital pat on the back, I play to enjoy, deal with it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

If you actually read some of the comments, people are complaining about even 1 playthrough, or the games too long or some other BS. Some people only play games for trophies and play any stupid game for a Platinum. I'm not going to play a game if I don't like it, I'm not going to make it a chore and waste my time for some digital pat on the back, I play to enjoy, deal with it.

Deal with it? Ok, now I'm just confused by your choice of words. I don't want to be rude, but I don't care, why you play games. So why should I be somehow dealing with it or what does it even mean?

You still didn't even answer my question. You said you want difficulty trophies not to be stackable, so you could see these trophy hunters play the game over and over.

Don't get me wrong. I also play to enjoy, but it seems like the reason you want this is to make it chore to play the game for others who don't like multiple playthroughs for trophies.

It's not even affecting you in any way how others are playing the game. So why?

Edited by BloodyRutz
grammar
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Captain_Bone_666 said:

Since I liked Nitemares initial trolling comment, I am adding my 2 cents. English is not my first language and I need to give some context, so please bear with me:

What I find annoying is that there is a lot of negativity when trophy hunters talk about their favorite pastime whenever something in a game doesn’t fit their style of trophy hunting.  And often that style is like shoveling fast food down your throat: earning as many trophies in the most efficient way that is possible, short-cutting whatever possible and, oh my, never doing anything twice, because the next hundred games are already in the dreaded backlog…!

So, the reaction towards anything extra is usually not something like “Oh shit, it has coop trophies. I will not get them. Bye Platinum”. It is usually a long rant about how unfair the devs have made all of that and how could someone expect to spend hundreds of hours just for a bronze and … well … nobody expects anything like that. But never mind.

You have all that when it comes to Days Gone: why is there no NG+, takes too long, too boring, too many bugs, horrible this, I don’t want to do it, but I must … yaddayaddayadda.

I usually couldn’t care less about that, it is in somebody elses’s problem field. So where does this have anything to do with me? Not very much, granted.

But I tend to read the forum entries for games I like. Because sometimes you get a good hint, sometimes you can help someone out with a simple comment, sometimes there are just really good exchanges going on.

But sadly, you usually have to work through complaint after complaint about trophies … and that is where I tend to agree with Nitemares---- childish, spiteful remark to punish all of the above. But which, I also imagine, is of course a joke, because there is nothing any of us can do about it.

Yep I find it funny people are offended by my comments, but you totally get what I'm saying. I don't see what's not to get BloodyRutz, I hate Trophy Hunters where all they do is complain, give them something to really complain about. But I said what I wanted to say, if people think I'm trolling, rude, stupid or whatever, you know what they say about opinions. Move on, I am, done with this thread. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

Yep I find it funny people are offended by my comments, but you totally get what I'm saying. I don't see what's not to get BloodyRutz, I hate Trophy Hunters where all they do is complain, give them something to really complain about. But I said what I wanted to say, if people think I'm trolling, rude, stupid or whatever, you know what they say about opinions. Move on, I am, done with this thread. 

Makes sense. Thank you for answering.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Captain_Bone_666 said:

Since I liked Nitemares initial trolling comment, I am adding my 2 cents. English is not my first language and I need to give some context, so please bear with me:

What I find annoying is that there is a lot of negativity when trophy hunters talk about their favorite pastime whenever something in a game doesn’t fit their style of trophy hunting.  And often that style is like shoveling fast food down your throat: earning as many trophies in the most efficient way that is possible, short-cutting whatever possible and, oh my, never doing anything twice, because the next hundred games are already in the dreaded backlog…!

So, the reaction towards anything extra is usually not something like “Oh shit, it has coop trophies. I will not get them. Bye Platinum”. It is usually a long rant about how unfair the devs have made all of that and how could someone expect to spend hundreds of hours just for a bronze and … well … nobody expects anything like that. But never mind.

You have all that when it comes to Days Gone: why is there no NG+, takes too long, too boring, too many bugs, horrible this, I don’t want to do it, but I must … yaddayaddayadda.

I usually couldn’t care less about that, it is in somebody elses’s problem field. So where does this have anything to do with me? Not very much, granted.

But I tend to read the forum entries for games I like. Because sometimes you get a good hint, sometimes you can help someone out with a simple comment, sometimes there are just really good exchanges going on.

But sadly, you usually have to work through complaint after complaint about trophies … and that is where I tend to agree with Nitemares---- childish, spiteful remark to punish all of the above. But which, I also imagine, is of course a joke, because there is nothing any of us can do about it.

Good point. Thank you for taking the time writing that. I agree and I'm also visiting forums for the same reasons.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24-6-2019 at 11:35 PM, ViperLyx said:

Any word on NG+? I would be WAY more eager to start a survival run if weapons/bike upgrades carried over...

I don't think there will be a new game option in the future. I might start my survival run this week. Any extra tips or isn't it that hard?

Thank you

2 hours ago, kantera said:

I don't think there will be a new game option in the future. I might start my survival run this week. Any extra tips or isn't it that hard?

It's not that hard, don't worry.

I had the impression it was a lot harder in the beginning as you will die significantly faster and have almost no stamina. But if you already played the game, you know pretty well what you are up against and I am sure you will get through that phase. Just very few things I did differently:

1. I used hordes against marauder or ambush camps. I alarmed hordes and coaxed them with my bike to meet the campers. Worked very well, you don't have to fire a single shot.

2. In line with that strategy, I used the arrow that made them fight each other more often than before.

3. As I did not clear all nests or do all side missions, money and reputation was lower until mid game. So I had to chose more carefully what to buy and where to get rep. Doesn't matter later in the game, you will earn enough.

Once you have access to the good guns, things are not much different from "normal" difficulty. I did all the mission related hordes without dying once.

I liked it.

Brutal on Uncharted or grounded on TLOU are way more difficult.

The most annoying thing is that you cannot fast-travel and you are constantly attacked on your bike. Especially during day time you will encounter a lot of snipers that will shoot you off your bike and damage it. There is not much you can do about it. Travelling at night almost felt safer, even though you will have to evade a lot of freakers. At least they do not shoot you or damage your bike.

Edited by Captain_Bone_666

15 minutes ago, Captain_Bone_666 said:

It's not that hard, don't worry.

I had the impression it was a lot harder in the beginning as you will die significantly faster and have almost no stamina. But if you already played the game, you know pretty well what you are up against and I am sure you will get through that phase. Just very few things I did differently:

1. I used hordes against marauder or ambush camps. I alarmed hordes and coaxed them with my bike to meet the campers. Worked very well, you don't have to fire a single shot.

2. In line with that strategy, I used the arrow that made them fight each other more often than before.

3. As I did not clear all nests or do all side missions, money and reputation was lower until mid game. So I had to chose more carefully what to buy and where to get rep. Doesn't matter later in the game, you will earn enough.

Once you have access to the good guns, things are not much different from "normal" difficulty. I did all the mission related hordes without dying once.

I liked it.

Brutal on Uncharted or grounded on TLOU are way more difficult.

The most annoying thing is that you cannot fast-travel and you are constantly attacked on your bike. Especially during day time you will encounter a lot of snipers that will shoot you off your bike and damage it. There is not much you can do about it. Travelling at night almost felt safer, even though you will have to evade a lot of freakers. At least they do not shoot you or damage your bike.

Thanks for the feedback!