Trophy Hunting

What do you prefer to go by for game completion?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer to go by for game completion?

• 100%
    • Platinum
    • Letter Rank (S, A, B, C, D, E)

I go for platinums. Most of the time I feel more than done with the game when I reach that point regardless.

Though it should be said I have no reservations to yeet a game the fuck out the window when it annoys me. I don't feel compelled to plat a game unless it entertains me enough. Most recently I'm ditching the world war Z plat because I can't be fucked to play 100 more PvP matches when that's easily the weakest part of the game. Fuck that.

• Like 2

Letter grade.  If I beat the main campaign, but only have a C, I'll keep going.  And then Platinum.  Unless the DLC is bundled in a pack or whatever, I usually don't.  Looking at you Fallout 4 and Drakengard 3.

I do joke about my completion never getting above 50%, but I do try and keep my A average.  

Edited by Ilzaki
  • Like 1

Gotta go with 100% just feels right seeing all those Platinums at 100%. But i'm starting to get to the point where it's not bothering me so much now since DLC are getting worse and apparently adding new game plus or higher difficulty is considered new content. But overall i do try to go for 100% on all game and for DLC i just see if i can be bothered with doing.

Plats. 100% is always desirable...but DLC is extra content, so I always feel like they're just extra trophies. I buy DLC when I can, and try to complete it...but if I don't, but still have the Platinum, then I feel like I accomplished my goal. 

When it comes to letter grades on this site...as long as the game isn't at E, then I'm usually okay with it. I've got some really old games from years ago at E, but I have to desire to revisit them any time soon...so it's more of a how I do now sort of thing. 

I agree with most of the other posts on here...I definitely go for the plat if there is one and if not I go for 100% completion.  I have yet to complete a DLC pack because I feel its just extra stuff beyond the game.  However, I may try one out just for fun.  I do however feel that if you earn the plat in any game you have done enough to say you have completed it.  Even though psn profiles doesn't give you credit for completing the game unless you hit 100%.

I always (try to) 100% my games, trying to maintain my profile as close to 100% as possible. I also don't play games just for trophies and don't have the urge to play every single AAA title that comes out just because its called "the next masterpiece"... I only play games that I have any interest in playing. ?

The consequence is that, compared to pretty much every one else on this page, I don't have many platinums, but those I have I'm happy about. It's about preference, though. For my own profile, I just prefer a high completion percentage and somewhat reasonable rarity percentage over a large number of plats, and most importantly, I want to have fun doing what I do. 

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 1

It varies from game to game. I don’t intend to earn the platinum for all games I play nor 100%.

So if anything I’m going for the “SABCDEF” ranks, despite being a feature on this site that has no reason to exist. I mean, how many times have I seen users with the Spider-Man platinum trophy Be Greater with a “B” rank because they don’t own the 3 DLC packs? It should work that either earning a platinum trophy before 100% is an automatic “A” rank or Sly retires the ranking system altogether.

Edited by Skeptical69