Massacre on Ice

Killbomb

I wish I could say I had some tips or strategy to give, but I'm pretty sure I just got lucky. I got in 3 fights in my match and all three fights just happened to have dude getting killed. 3 of the 4 guys on my squad were fairly high in the brawl stat. It was against Sweden if that helps. Maybe their players are more prone to dying on the ice. Honestly I think I just got lucky tho, sorry to say. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got this in season 2 of franchise mode against a team with a high brain damage rating and put a couple scrubs out there with my regular team that had a high brain damage rating. Bumping your goalie 5 or 6 times will usually trigger a fight then its a matter of winning them. I did let them beat me a couple times to kill one of the scrubs on my team. I won the game in OT and had a violence rating of 1800 for the game. Like prev posted also mentioned starve the players you hire for several days and give cutters to make them popsicle sticks

Edited by goombaseatmarios
Terminology edit

• 2 weeks later...

I did it while I was in my 2nd season (teams have higher stats), get Season One Winner :gold:Profitable Venture :silver: out of the way first, then start selling off your good players and replace them with Snipers with low Robustness (below 15). Took me 3 tries but I finally got 3 of my own players to die, just keep running into the your goalie to start fights. You will need a player to die within the first few fights, if they get critically injured, then just restart since it will then be impossible to get the trophy. 

• 2 months later...

I learned a few things while doing test runs on an alt for fastest to 100%, so I figured I'd share here.  I noticed one of the fastest got this out of the way within 8 minutes of starting the game, so I did some investigating:

1) You can create multiple franchises, so you can start a team for the sole purpose of getting this trophy, then make another one for winning.

2) I started a team and picked the 4 people with the lowest robustness.  I think there were some 11's in there, and all 4 were under 20.  Your goalie doesn't matter.

3) Learn to win fights whenever you want to by picking someone and staying away from the scrum until the rest of your team is down. Whoever is left on the other team will clump up and you can skate circles around them and do drive-by punching until they're all down.  Sometimes they'll even knock each other out!

4) Get in your first match and switch victories (in the fights, not the matches) until 3 people are dead.  Minor injuries don't count.

I did 4 practice runs before the real one (5 total) and all 5 times I got the trophy in the first match.  Even if you're horribly unlucky, you can quit and reload with your same 4 weak ones.

As another side note, you don't have to be out of money to get The Mark of Failure either.  The option is there on rent day even if you have like 20 grand in the bank.  When you reload you'll be back on rent day and can pay rent and carry on.  This saves like 20 days of losing on purpose in season 2.

Hope this helps!

Edited by FeelTheCosmos
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/29/2019 at 8:32 AM, FeelTheCosmos said:

I learned a few things while doing test runs on an alt for fastest to 100%, so I figured I'd share here.  I noticed one of the fastest got this out of the way within 8 minutes of starting the game, so I did some investigating:

1) You can create multiple franchises, so you can start a team for the sole purpose of getting this trophy, then make another one for winning.

2) I started a team and picked the 4 people with the lowest robustness.  I think there were some 11's in there, and all 4 were under 20.  Your goalie doesn't matter.

3) Learn to win fights whenever you want to by picking someone and staying away from the scrum until the rest of your team is down. Whoever is left on the other team will clump up and you can skate circles around them and do drive-by punching until they're all down.  Sometimes they'll even knock each other out!

4) Get in your first match and switch victories (in the fights, not the matches) until 3 people are dead.  Minor injuries don't count.

I did 4 practice runs before the real one (5 total) and all 5 times I got the trophy in the first match.  Even if you're horribly unlucky, you can quit and reload with your same 4 weak ones.

As another side note, you don't have to be out of money to get The Mark of Failure either.  The option is there on rent day even if you have like 20 grand in the bank.  When you reload you'll be back on rent day and can pay rent and carry on.  This saves like 20 days of losing on purpose in season 2.

Hope this helps!

This helped a lot. Couldn’t get it via the trophy guides recommendations.. had trouble getting it on my own, as well. Thank you for this. Now I just need to farm 53 more wins..